Hardcore Check in November 21,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I woke up to early. Stayed up late surfing the internet for Christmas presents. Today we are have my son in law's birthday party. That means cake:eek: I am going to go do some cardio, abs, and stretching.

This morning was Kenpo X and while it lacked the combos, I really liked it for just zoning in and hammering away at a drill. Could have lived without their yelling though! Workout was 60 minutes and I burned 459 calories.

Can someone please tell me why the stupid scale won't budge? I have cleaned up my eating and I would expect to see at least a water weight loss, but nothing. I feel thinner, I think my pants are fitter better, but still that scale remains unmoved, or even goes up on occasion!:eek: What gives?

Ok, I am REALLY LOVING this series. Today was Kenpo X and what a freakin' fun workout that was! I loved it. All these workouts really work the abs, I always feel it there when I'm done with whichever workout I've done. LOVE IT!!! Kenpo is a kickboxing workout. He does arm drills and leg drills through the whole thing. Some 1 minute breaks but you are running in place or doing jumping jacks. Had a great workout!

HR STATS:
1 hr. total
13 minutes below zone
10 minutes in zone
37 minutes above zone
453 calories burned

Linda - I am right there with you. I was 135.8# last Saturday and I am EXACTLY the same this morning. My eating has been dead on and these workouts are burning some major calories, so I have no clue why I didn't lose at least a poiund. BUT... My abs have definition so I am losing body fat. That made me feel good, but still would like to lose those last freakin' 5 pounds. Nice job on the leg workout yesterday and I agree with you, I think this series will do our legs good. :D

Diane Sue - Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I hope it gets better, I know it's hard to function without sleep.

Theresa - I'm surprised you didn't like Kenpo X. I guess you either love it or hate it. I could not wait to do it today because I knew it was kickboxing. It lived up to all my expectations.

We ended up picking a cute, sweet dark calico cat. Well, maybe tiger kitten. Same age as Spaz and we'll be able to bring her home on Wednesday. I cannot wait! She picked us, wouldn't leave our side the entire time we were there.

My workout is done. I did a mixture of a lot of things and got a good calorie burn. I started with Jari Love's Extremely Ripped 1000 cardio mix 41 minutes and burned 429 calories, max hr was 175 and avg was 146. I think I was mostly above my hr zone as in the zone was only 7 min and most of the time I checked it was up there. I then did Step Blast challenge 14 minutes and burned 145 calories Max HR 169, I followed with SJP abs 7 min 44 calories, the pushups, abs and stretch from Extremely Ripped 14 min 80 calories,, then Amy's 10 minute solution 5 day get fit belly fat burner, kickbox, and yoga 220 calories. Total calories burned was 918, 1 hr 46 minutes today:D

Debbie, I like Kempo X a lot when I first did the workout. I just liked the newer one even more when I got it. I think the sleeping is from the medicines and I have so many things going on that I wake up and start trying to manage everything in my head. Can't relax then. I keep trying to read and usually that knocks me out.

Linda, my grandchildren loved the yelling in Kempo X. Made them want to do it too LOL Maybe you are just adding some lean mass and your scale is not showing that. I think we all know how that works, but the darn scale makes us feel defeated. Keep at it and I am sure eventually it will get where you want it. Diet is a lot of the key. Wish it wasn't because I sure like to eat:p

Linda/Debbie-nice work on the Kenpo. I'm glad you liked it. I think I just had very unrealistic expectation for it...

Linda-have you checked your measurements? Also, are you eating carbs at night? Since being with Olesya, the last meal is a protein/fat combo with no carbs. I have noticed a bit of difference since doing that. Just be patient, numbers will move, don't get discouraged :D Wish I could be more help, if I get any new info I will pass it along.

Diane Sue-hope you have a nice day today.

Workout done. supersets/15 min ss on treamdill 45 min 690 calories
ss1-deadlift, bent flyes, one arm db presses, one leg pelvic tilts
ss2-front squat, bench dips, leg raises, squat jumps

Eats are right on point 2 days in a row.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.