HARDCORE CHECK IN Monday August 9th

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Hi everyone!!
Happy Monday! It's so good to be back. Vacation was great, although I didn't get in any "formal" workouts. I really needed the "active recovery" week and actually haven't taken that much time off of exercise for several years!

Today was Boot Camp to get me back in the swing of things. I actually felt good and had good energy. :)

I did get in quite a bit of hiking, biking, swimming and walking last week.

Have a great day!

Cheryl :D

Back at it. Today was Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 25, Chest and Back. Had an excellent workout and I felt really strong this morning.

I liked this one better then the first time I did it. The longer breaks were welcomed. Rests were about 90 seconds between each exercise.

Warmup:
Flat Bench Press - 65#/12 reps
Flat Bench Press - 65#/12 reps

Workout:
Flat Bench Press - 85#/8 reps
Barbell Rows - 70#/8 reps
***Exercises were alternated and did 4 sets with about a 90 second rest between each set.

Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 32's/8 reps
One Arm Row - 40#/8 reps each arm
***Exercises were alternated and did 4 sets with about a 90 second rest between each set.

Incline Barbell Bench Press - 80#/8 reps
Barbell Deadlifts - 70#/8 reps

Incline Chest Flyes - 30's/8 reps
One Arm Horizontal Row - 35#/8 reps each arm

Hey Everyone,

Life has been nuts recently, but I think the worst of it is over.

I've been all over the place with my workouts, only doing about 30 minutes a day and doing what ever I feel like from day to day, not following any rotaton what so ever.

And now that August is here, I guess it's time to start figuring out when I want to have my shoulder surgery. :confused:

Will have to try and catch up on all you have been doing.

I had a good workout this morning. I started with Kelly Coffey's Circuit Burn workout #2 33 minutes 225 calories Max HR 161, then I did Turbo Fire EZ45 44 minutes 374 calories HR was average 144 Max 168. I finished off with Kelly's Circuit Burn Premix sculpting and legs no w/up 30 minutes 222 calories. Total calories burned was 821 and time was 1hr 47 minutes. I used 12 and 15# dumbbells for everything but the balance move which I used 10's for. I have to go run a couple of errands before lunch.

Linda, good to see you check in:D

cheryl-glad you had a nice vacation, we can always use a rest now and then :) Glad you are back

Debbie-way to start Monday off w/ a bang :D great weights, you are doing the squat rack routine, correct?

Linda-glad you checked in, I was wondering how you were. Something is better than nothing especially if it has been that crazy. p.s. thanks for the recommendation on Intuitive Eating, I got the book and it is p-e-r-f-e-c-t :p

I did Turbo Fire 30 on Saturday and nothing yesterday. I ate birthday cake and pizza and loved every minute of it :D Today will cardio in some form, and who knows what else.

Theresa - Your welcome on the book. What do you think of Turbo Fire?

Diane Sue
- Is Circuit Burn part of the 30 minutes to fitness series?

Cheryl - Sounds like you had an awesome vacation! You deserved that recovery week. Your body needs it once in a while. I try to have a recovery week every 12 weeks unless I'm doing STS, then it's every 4 weeks.

Linda - Good to see you back! :( on the shoulder surgery. I'd hate to think about having to get that done.

Diane Sue - Nice workout! :eek:

Theresa - Yes, I'm doing the squat rack routines. Can't wait!!! Good for you on the pizza and birthday cake! Was it your birthday???

I forgot to mention when I posted my workout - I am so glad I have two barbells. I was able to set up both my chest press exercise and the barbell rows. Instead of having to change weights with each exercise I had them both set up and was good to go. I hate setting up my weight stations so I'm glad I purchased a 2nd barbell. Actually, dh got it for me for Christmas one year. Works out great when you do supersets, too.

So Diane Sue-was the "EZ" workout any easier today? Nice mix, and I take it you are liking the KCM stuff?

Linda-I really enjoy the turbo fire, the HIIT workouts are put together nicely. All the cardio is really intense, but fun and really good music. I don't think I could follow a true rotation, but I think they are great workouts to put in any mix.

Debbie-Yeah, my bday was Saturday. A 2nd bb is a great idea. My dad had an olympic bar he gave us, but I need to get the plates for it.

Debbie-Yeah, my bday was Saturday. A 2nd bb is a great idea. My dad had an olympic bar he gave us, but I need to get the plates for it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry I missed it. I'm not online much from Friday through Sunday. Hope you had a great day! Keep in mind, the olympic bar already weighs 40#! :eek: And you have to buy those big ass plates to go on it. You can get a cheap solid barbell at Sears or any sports store. I think I ordered one of mine online.

Pre workout I had a protein and coffee smoothie
snack- cantaloupe
Lunch I made the Turbo Fire recipe that had fish(I had Mahi Mahi)mango salsa and quinoa w/ black beans
Dinner will be some roast and salad

Linda, yes that is Kelly Coffey's new 30 minutes to Fitness workout. It has lots of premixes on it.

Debbie, I sometimes use my ez curl bar as my second barbell depending on what exercise it is. I wouldn't mind haveing another barbell.

Theresa, I alway enjoy my birthday eat:D I have alread picked out a marble ice cream cake from Schwan's that I want for my birthday this month:D That EZ 45 workout was a little easier this time. I was sort of dreading it because I was really struggling the last time. Maybe it is because I forgot to take my allergy medicine last night. Although the allergy medicine is just a steroid nasal spray. Or maybe I am just getting better because I sure didn't get much sleep. Also, I knew when it was really getting tough that it would soon be over :p

Cheryl, good to have you back. An active recovery is always nice. Helps come back energized.

All the talk of cake, stop, it is making me want a slice now. Next birthday here will be on sept 5, my little girl will be 19!!

Today I did TR Hiit 15 and then sts disc 33 shoulder, bis and tris.

Great workouts everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.