Hardcore Check in June 6,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started. I am getting a late start on my workout this morning. Today I will do cardio, abs, and yoga/stretch. I may pull out the foam roller:) I expected to be sore today but no doms this morning. I will check back later.

Today was supersetting Legs. This is my last workout for the 4 weeks and I've decided to do another 4 weeks. I will come up with different exercises and supersets. I am enjoying this one.

Lost 2# from last week. Big whoop. Now I'm down to 134#. It seems I've been teetering between 136#-132# forever. I just want to see the scale get below 130#. Dammit anyways.

Ok, anyways, had an excellent workout. I added an additional set to each superset.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between supersets.

QUADS/HAMSTRINGS
SS #1
Squats: 80# - 8/8/8/8
superset w/
Elevated SLDL's: 75# - 8/8/8/8
***My hips and low back were really tight here. Had a hard time going to parellel with the squats.

SS #2
Leg Press Station: 170# - 10/10/10/10
superset w/
Hamstring Curls: 45# - 10/10/10/10
***Good superset. I like this one. Hamstrings felt fine with the hamstring curls. They must be getting better finally.

QUADS/CALVES
SS #3
Leg Extensions: 85# - 12/12/12/12
superset w/
Barbell Calf Raises: 130# - 12/12/12/12
***Calf raises about killed me. Could have gone heavier with the leg extensions but my right knee was bothering me.

That is all....

Mornin,

Today is another cardio for me, I'm afraid. I strained my wrist while cleaning, getting rid of stuff, and changing furniture around. Will let it rest until Joey comes home. Just a couple of weeks, then we'll do Meso 3 together.

Janie

My workout today was Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics premix #3 and abs,Amy's Step Challenge 3 abs with the kettlebell#1. Then I did Athletic Step Jam with Sharon Twombly combos 1&2 and stability ball workout, abs, stretch. I finished with Yoga Shatki basic flow premix. Total calories burned was 835. My HR monitor was registering zero part of the time so I am not sure how many calories I actually burned. I think that I will workout tomorrow and take Friday off as my youngest dd is having surgury Thursday (her dh will be there then) and I will go over really early to stay with her and the children.

Janie, sorry that you strained your wrist. I hope that it gets better quickly.

Debbie, great weight for the claves. I am trying to increase my calf work to help build them some. I have calves in the mix tomorrow. I love the results I get with Super Sets:D

Crazy day, DS had a baseball game this morning, then took me and kids to hair dresser then errands. Finally back home.

Today was Arm day and had an interesting workout. Biceps and Triceps followed the same superset pattern that Chest & Back did the other day, but shoulders was a tri-set. But for this triset you picked one weight and then cycled through 1 rep of each exercise until you failed on the first one, then keeping alternate the last two, until you failed on the next one, then do the last to failure.

Amy's Kickbox Surge through first blast as warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for each exercise, cycling through all execises.

Curls - 12's
Lying Extension - 8's

Front Raise - 5's
Upright Rows - 5's
Overhead Press - 5's

1 Pyramid Set, Rep Pattern 6, 10, 15, 6 to failure(at this point you return to the original weight you started with)

Barbell Curls
55# - 6
50# - 10
45# - 15
55# -9
***Surprised I did as well as I did on the last set. :p
superset w/
Lying Extensions
42# - 6
37# - 10
32# - 15
42# - 10
***Again surprised I di so well on the last set

Shoulder tri-set 1 rep of each exercise without rest until failure on each exercise.

Front Raise
30#-12
Upright Row
30# - 16
Overhead Press
30# - 22
***Shoulders were still a bit sore from Chest & Back so I think I more gave up than failed.

Then I did Combos & Surges 2 & 3 of Amy's KB Surge and the stretch. Workout was 1:09 and burned 460 calories.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.