HARDCORE CHECK-IN FRIDAY 05/14

Tekmistic

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!

As you can see by the time of this post I am up "stupid early" again! LOL. I have already done my workout and am getting ready to take the dogs for their morning run.

Today was GS legs - not so bad. I really miss doing this workout and remember it as being "impossible", but I guess I have gotten stronger with the STS legs because I got through it today without much trouble. I still can't do the one leg roll in with the stability ball, but I think that's a balance issue rather than a strength issue - my foot rolls right off the side every time.:confused: Regardless, I did all of the exercises and even increased the weights (more than Cathe - WOW) on the lunge series!! I'm actually glad to sub GS Legs and B&G for this rotation just to see if I have progressed after STS.

I would like to join the "mini" weekend challenge as well. I want to continue to drop some weight and need the extra kick to get through the weekends and eat less junk. Debbie - I know exactly what you mean about the lbs "creeping up". I gained over 10 lbs last year and had to work twice as hard to get back to the 140-145 range. I have been as low as 119 (not good on a 5'9" frame) and up to 155 at the end of last year. I really want to be about 135ish, so let's do this!! I have about 10-12 lbs I want to drop also.

Today is very busy at work - AGAIN - and I feel like I have been running a constant marathon over the past few weeks. Hopefully things will chill a little once summer rolls in (if it ever does).

Will check in later today - happy workouts and happy Friday!!

Cheryl :D

Cheryl-you are up crazy early :eek: Glad to have you aboard on the weekend challenge. I may have picked a cruddy week to start b/c it dh and my anniversary, so we will go out. But two cheat meals won't kill me. I'm 5'9" too, but no where near your weight. I have a large frame, and the lowest I have ever been (naturally) is 155-160. I looked pretty darn good at that weight, but I have not seen anything below 172 in a long time.

Yesterday I did Tonique disc 2/workout 2. She is a Polish she-devil, seriously she never stops moving. Workout was 50 min and I burned 834 calores, and I earned those....good lord. :rolleyes: This workout to me was like Jari Love on steroids mixed the the older buns of steel w/ Tamilee Webb. Holy crap......

Theresa - I’ve been “enabled” a few times by you guys too ;) I think you’ll like C C C. It took me a couple times to decide how I felt about it. It’s just different enough. I had a lot of fun with it the other day, though. About your workout yesterday: you should write reviews for fitness DVD's :p That was a great one. Definitely got me interested
(enabler ;) ). Oh. And Happy Anniversary!!!!

Diane Sue - You’ve been having stomach troubles too? There is something going around this area. A checker at our grocery store told me she’d been pretty sick. It only lasted a few days. Thought that was good news. Hope you’re better today.

Linda - Hope you’re taking it easy and feeling better. You’ve sure been through a lot lately.

Debbie - Keeping a food journal helps me. Not unlike what you and Theresa were talking about. It seems like the minute I commit to writing it all down - somewhere/how - my eating much improves. My tendancies lean towards the erratic side and I'm sure that effects my energy levels and mood. I think awareness (and accountability) has a lot to do with it.

Cheryl - Seems to me like you've been running a marathon the past few weeks, too ;) . Hope it eases up for you. I have Gym Style rolling through my rotation sometime next month. It's a good one. Congrads on your improvements!

I did manage to get through Pyramid Lower Body. Very surprisingly, it was a strong workout. Went quite heavy considering the format. My form felt really good - got right into the muscles. Maybe it helped that I wasn’t jumping around. A couple times between exercises ... I wasn't so sure about my gut. I made it, though. Last night I was really queasy and still had a fever. Before I went to bed it was just over 100. DS is feeling better, though. He ran into a CACTUS after school yesterday :confused: LONG thorns (like ½ an inch :eek: ). I didn’t realize how long they were or how deeply they’d embedded themselves until I pulled the first one out. How in the world he found one of those - or it found him - after this cold winter, I can’t say. Took quite awhile to get all the needles out of his foot. It was very swollen and purple for awhile. If it hadn’t gotten better, I’d have taken him in to have it looked at, but it seems fine now. And other than that, he’s doing ok. I really don't know how I'm feeling yet, but my plan is to do Pyramid Chest and Back (full pyramid then repeat descending) and some intervals .... I don't know. We'll see.

Happy Friday ~

Lori

Lori-Honestly (IMHO) if you were running a fever, I would probably take it easy. I know that's a hard thing to say to a maniac, and I don't know how everyone has pushed through workouts w/ the GI issues floating around here. I hope you feel better soon. And I think we all do a pretty good job of enabling one another :D

Today was cardio. I did Low Impact Step - step only and did the 3 step combo that she does together twice. Then Id id the ab work and had a great time doing it for a change. Love this step workout, it is so fun and I caught on this time with no problems at all. Worked up a good sweat.

HR STATS:
53 minute total
5 minutes below zone
25 minutes in zone
23 minutes above zone
394 calories burned

Don't have time for personals, but Cheryl - real glad you are joining our weekend challenge. I'm not sure this is a great weekend for me to start either since we are tearing our kitchen apart, but I have two recipes I'm gonna try to make before the destruction begins. Hopefully it will work out ok.

Have a great Friday everyone!

I am glad I got my workout in before I went out the door this morning. I was waiting in line at school when son in law called and asked me to watch my grandbaby. Still had to come home and shower. I gave her some applesauce and turned on a show for her to watch. Well, when I got done with my shower and looked she had decided to have an applesauce flinging fest
icon_eek.gif
I had a lot to clean up.
This morning I did Bosu Explode Load. This time I did a few extra reps when he was talking and added while they were taking a break. Workout was 56 minutes and I burned 293 calories. I hooked the slingshot to a loop for holding down the heavy bag on my stand. It worked pretty well. Not sure that it was much different than when I used tubing and a belt. Having the Ballast ball was nice. I used a dumbbell instead of the weight plate this time and liked it better. I followed this with Body Max 2 power circuits, upper body and stretch 56 minutes 323 calories. Workout was 1 hr 52 minutes and Total calories was 616

Lori, I am still have intestinal issues and waves of nausea. It seems to let up once in awhile. I am not sure what to eat because when I do eat it seems to make things start acting up again:confused:

Theresa, I had contemplated coming home today and doing the Tonique Mat work from the first Tonique workout but since I have the baby here I don't think that would be very pleasant.

Cheryl, you were up early. I got up at 4:45 this morning. Have some things I need to get done today since the weekend is full of activity.

Hi again,

I'm home early - YYIIPPEEE for me....need a nap :rolleyes:. I am going to spend the afternoon doing laundry and cleaning the house until DH rolls in and is ready to go do "something" - like grocery shopping- yuk. LOL

Diane Sue - Applesauce, huh? That doesn't sound like fun at all!! Do you like the Bosu workouts? All of the talk about it is making me consider revisiting- I did like the Ballast Ball, and I never used the plate weights - always prefered dumbells. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Did you try some good old fashioned crackers and ginger ale?

Debbie - Maybe we didn't pick the best week to start the challenge, huh? Oh well, I'm going to do my best because I know once I am at camp every weekend (2 weeks from now), I will have to seriously watch the junk food. I really like the LIC workout and think it's pretty difficult. That was nice for this rotation. :)

Theresa - LOL, LOL....I can't stop laughing about your post and Lori's reply - Jari on 'roids and Tamilee - "holy crap", ROFLMAO.........Yea, you should write reviews for Fitness Magazine. Anyway, (still laughing) I hope you have a great anniversary and just double those two "cheat meals" into one. :p
I am going to think of our "weekend challenge" before I buy that bag of Dorito's this weekend - or order another Cosmo. Also, I carry my weight strange for my height - basically no upper body (boobs) - all (lower body) butt, so that makes for quite the elongated pear. :eek: Have a good one. :D

Lori - OMG - cactus needles are the worst!! I hope your son is ok and I hope you are feeling better. I can't believe you still did your workout with a fever, although I can't sit here and say I never did.........still, doesn't make it right!! Feel better!!

Hi to Linda!! Did I miss your post today - can't remember?

Cheryl

Cheryl - You were up stupid early! Don't know that I could do GS Legs at that hour!

Theresa - I watched Tonigue 2 Disc 2 yesterday where all see used for upper body was 2# pink weights. Did she do that in the one you did? Oh and when is your anniversary? Mine is the 18th.

Lori
- Wow Pyramid Lower is tough when you feel good. Ouch on the little guy battling a cactus.

Debbie
- Why you tearing your kitchen apart?

DianeSue - You did all that on a stomach that still feels iffy. You sure are a MANIAC! I have to watch those BOSU dvd's so I know what you are talking about.:p

I am feeling better today. All though the nausea had returned last night, but is all gone this morning. This morning was a circuit workout and I did High Step Challenge and it certainly was a challenge! Had to do the pushups on my knees as toe pushups make my shoulder hurt. And had a couple of interruptions on the the ...last round. First I had to stop to make DS breakfast & pack his lunch, then had to stop again right before the hover squats to put him on the bus, then finally finished it even doing the ab work. Was my fault for all the interruptions as I over slept today by half an hour.

Hi there, everyone. So I must have missed the post the other day, but you all are doing a weekend challenge, for eating well, it seems? Sounds great! I may end up cooking a bit healthier, it seems. Apparently my fiance's trainer is going to design a meal plan for him, so I'll be cooking whatever's on that.

Lori, that just made me cringe hearing about the cactus! What an unfortunate encounter! I daresay your son will be more wary of them in the future.

Happy anniversary, Theresa! =)

Well, I don't have to teach today, but I've got grading and errands to do, as well as, most importantly, some prep work for an (oddly scheduled) interview tomorrow. Haven't worked out yet, but I will soon.

Well, dh called to have me meet him for lunch again. So, after the grandbaby left I went and met him at Subway. That is the one fairly healthy place to eat in town. Sure took up the day. I went the other direction to run errands but my stomach felt crampy and queasy so I did Target and came back home. I will try to get out Monday if I have no extra interruptions.

Hermia, that is cool that you will be cooking some healthy stuff. Have fun grading and errands:p

Linda, the girl in Tonique uses tiny weights in the original one. I thought I could use 8's at least, but I will tell you with it being nonstop I lowered to 5# myself.

Cheryl, what I do is mix some powdered ginger with a little warm water and drink it and it seems to help with nausea.

I heard back from the people at Bosu's website and they are sending me the second belt. She said I was supposed to have two. It will take two weeks though as they are moving a warehouse or something. Just glad I am going to get it:D

Today was cardio and I did Insanity Cardio Max and had an awesome workout, tomorrow will be LIC. Debbie, I am loving your rotation, I am using some dvds i have not done in awhile and it is like they are new. Any other rotations twirling around in your head?

Sorry it took me so long to get back, I spend quite a bit of time at the doctor. I will go into the details another time, but it was a GREAT visit :D

Linda-yeah she uses VERY light weight, but you do about 50 reps. I had to go down to 1.25 on some of the shoulder work. I honestly don't know if I will do her upper body stuff b/c the excessive reps bothered my shoulder for the 1st time in awhile

Diane Sue-I'm glad they are taking care of it, but you would think the would ship it faster since they screwed up.

I'm ready to take on the weekend eats challenge, but we are going to dinner w/ friends tonight. I should probably have a light, healthy snack before we go, but I don't know if there will be time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.