Hardcore Check in Februray 7,2009

WD

Cathlete
I was supposed to do STS legs today. But it ends up being a rest day. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have the flu. They gave me some Relenza. I hope it works. DD said it only works 30% of the time and Tamilflu doesn't work at all for this strain. I got my flu shot a long time ago so it lost it's effectiveness:(

Diane Sue: Ack! That isn't fair, especially when you got the flu shot! I hope you get better quickly and can get back to your STS rotation. How frustrating.

I got up this morning and did Kelly Coffey Meyer's Ready Step Go. It was the first time I did the workout and I liked it- I will probably wear my weighted gloves next time. I burned 523 calories or something close to that. I would have liked to do LIC cardio only (my new favorite add on) but didn't have time since DH wanted to go out to breakfast. Hey, sometimes an hour is enough, right?? :p Have a great day everybody!

Diane Sue...so sorry you have the flu! :( Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hi Patti!

My back is feeling much better and I am scheduled to do legs today but just to be on the safe side I am going to do chest and tris and cardio. I purchased CC #5-8 so I want to try one of them out!

Check back in later............

Hey there! This morning I did Newport. Used my 18lb kb throughout. I loved this one and really like the bluesy music.

I was supposed to do STS legs today. But it ends up being a rest day. I went to the doctor yesterday and I have the flu. They gave me some Relenza. I hope it works. DD said it only works 30% of the time and Tamilflu doesn't work at all for this strain. I got my flu shot a long time ago so it lost it's effectiveness:(
I'm so sorry you have the flu. You poor thing! Get some rest and hopefully you will recover fast.

Hey, sometimes an hour is enough, right?? :p
I always think an hour is plenty.:)

My back is feeling much better and I am scheduled to do legs today but just to be on the safe side I am going to do chest and tris and cardio. I purchased CC #5-8 so I want to try one of them out!
Smart thinking on giving your back another days rest.

Going out to lunch with family, later....

Ugh, the flu is the worst! I didn't even know there was medicine for it, actually; I've always just ridden it out, but it's been a long time since I"ve been nauseated. Well, nauseated from a flu anyway.

I'm at bf's and the workout options here are limited. I was going to jog but it's raining, so I just did some abs on my own for 15 minutes and pretty soon I'll be driving bf to his class. He is sick, the poor sweetie. =(

Diane Sue - Sorry you have the flu! Several years ago we were skiing in Colorado and I got the flu - bad - and they gave me relenza and I was skiing two days later. So it worked for me!

I forgot to post my workout!
I ran the neighborhood hills today and they are killer! When I first started running the hills, my HR would peg out at 178 not it is 168 - so I have progressed. I did 3.1 miles - HR ave was 148 - high of 169.

The main reason I came on today is to tell ya ...my shoulder feels great! I can hardly believe that there is no pain. I did LIC cardio premix today and had no trouble with the arm movements. Woo Hoo!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DianeSue - Hope you feel better soon!

Sonya - Glad to hear the back is feeling better!

Dallys - Way to go on Newport. So what did you think?

Got in a great workout today. I followed GS but used my stat sheet and listened to myplaylist instead of dvd.

CHEST
Drop Set Push Ups: 72
DB Bench Press: 27# 8/8/8 - up 2# from last week
DB Flyes: 22# 8/8/8 - up 2#
Incline DB Press: 27# 8/6/6
Incline DB Flyes: 25# 6/6/6 - up 2#
Barbell Bench Press: 70# 8/8/8
TRICEPS
Close Grip BB Press: 65# 8/8/8 (addded on)
Lying Ext: 12# 6/6, 10# 6
Overhead DB Ext: 27# 8/8/8
Crossbody Ext: 10# 8/8/8
Kickbacks: 10# 8/8/8
Weighted Dips: 25# 16/16/16
ABS
Core Max #1
Hanging Leg Raises 12/10/10

*Threw in cardio since I missed a session this week....
Cardio
Cardio Coach #7 only did challenge 1
33 minutes
3.18 miles
382 calories burned
Avg. Heart Rate 151
Peak 161

Off to get my nails done and a much needed pedicure!

Later maniacs!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes:) I feel a lot better this evening. Nausea has let up and headache and achey muscles are better. DH has the flu too so we have just been two useless people around here.

Linda, that is so good that your shoulder pain is gone. I am happy for you:D

Patti, I have Ready Step Go. I haven't done it in quite some time. I like Kelly Coffey's workouts. I had my Power Hour dvd skipping before. I bought a cleaning kit and it still did it. I tried different things. Finally I sent it to rubberdisc.com (it cost me $7.50) It came back with no scratches or spots and worked like new again.

Sonya, glad your back is better. Nice workout!

Ally, I think the Relenza is working. I am pretty sure I am feeling better now than dh. He is not taking it. Hopefully I will be back up and doing my workouts by Monday.

Dallys, I am jealous of you and Linda doing all of Newport. I have not attempted the whole thing because of the knee issue. It is way better now but I am still being cautious.

Hermia, when I go out of town I take tubing with me to use. That way I can do a little workout. Generally for the flu meds to work you need to start at the onset of influenza.

Dallys - Way to go on Newport. So what did you think?

Great that your shoulder is better! I liked Newport a lot. I had problems starting right off with the snatches though. I need to work on those. I like the side snatches a lot better. I thought it was more cardio based than Providence and Lauren Brooks DVD is also more cardio based. So I think you could do these 2 back to back with Providence or another weight workout. I really want to get some more of these, I'm addicted. My left side is more uncoordinated than my right, so I keep banging my wrist on the left. I used a wrist sweat band with paper towels under it as a cushion and that helped. I'm also thinking I need to chalk my hands, because of the sweat. I had a hard time doing the squats with the press. I pressed after I stood up instead of at the bottom of the squat, and that was easier. I'm so happy I bought kettlebells. They are the funnest fitness item, bar none, that I've bought in a long time.

Oh and I didn't do the extra bonus round. I stopped after the 8th round. I was wounded by then.:)

Diane Sue- Darn-it-all with the knees:(. Do they hurt even doing the swings? Have you tried a knee strap? I used those for a long time after I had knee surgery (got both done at the same time!). They held everything in tight and secure and helped with stability.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.