Hardcore Check in April 25,2009 Saturday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this going. I haven't started my workout yet. Just getting down some coffee and a scoop of protein powder before I get started. Today I will be working abs and doing cardio. I was looking at those dragon flags and I did something like that before and hurt my neck. Had an excruciating headache for quite awhile after that so I never did it again. Maybe it was form or something. BBL

Morning! I did Patrick Goudeau's Step It Up (thank you Netflix!) this morning, followed by Tracey Staehle's Core Blast- stability ball abs and standing abs. Then I did 17 assisted chin ups- my numbers are going up. I think it is time to lower my assistance. I burned 594 calories. Step It Up was so fun- time flew by! I previewed it really well and then didn't have much of a problem doing it- only 3 combos to learn. I like him.

Diane Sue: Enjoy your cardio! Aren't you finished with STS now? What is your plan now?

Oh and happy joy, I think I lost weight this week- 2 pounds! :eek: Have a great Saturday! Weather is beautiful here so I can't wait to get outside with the kids.

Janie: I saw your post last night. I'm sure those test results weren't what you wanted to hear, but I love your outlook. The little guy sure is lucky to have you guys- what a blessing for everyone. :)

Today was Back and I'm down to my last week. Next week I'll only have 4 days to workout due to some plans I have for Friday, Saturday and Sunday next week. So I'll have to double up on body parts. Should be interesting.

I'm down to 132.8#. :hyper: I really wanted to be down to 130# by the time this rotation is over and I may make it but I doubt it. And then the week after is my rest week so I'll probably end up gaining again which will make me mad. But I'm going to try like hell to keep my eating as clean as possible.

10 minute warmup on treadmill.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off.

2 minute rest between each set.

BACK
Austrailian Pullups:
BW - 4 sets/8-5 reps
Standing Rows:
BW - 4 sets/10 reps
***Made one more set with the Austrailian Pullups. Those are just hard.

Barbell Rows:
40# - 8 sets/14-10 reps (down 5#)
***Last week 45# was just too heavy. This weight was good but struggled with the last 3 sets.

Dumbbell Pullover:
25# - 8 sets/9 reps

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band - 8 sets/15-14 reps

HR STATS:
38 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
32 minutes in zone
3 minutes above zone
279 calories burned

Hope you all have a great weekend!

I thought I would get this going. I haven't started my workout yet. Just getting down some coffee and a scoop of protein powder before I get started. Today I will be working abs and doing cardio. I was looking at those dragon flags and I did something like that before and hurt my neck. Had an excruciating headache for quite awhile after that so I never did it again. Maybe it was form or something. BBL

Diane Sue, Adrian's problems with hearing and bowels are usually from Down's Syndrome. Thank you for your support. I'll have to look up dragon flags, must be an exercise. Joey and I will be doing disc 22 today.

Morning! I did Patrick Goudeau's Step It Up (thank you Netflix!) this morning, followed by Tracey Staehle's Core Blast- stability ball abs and standing abs. Then I did 17 assisted chin ups- my numbers are going up. I think it is time to lower my assistance. I burned 594 calories. Step It Up was so fun- time flew by! I previewed it really well and then didn't have much of a problem doing it- only 3 combos to learn. I like him.

Oh and happy joy, I think I lost weight this week- 2 pounds! :eek: Have a great Saturday! Weather is beautiful here so I can't wait to get outside with the kids.

Patti, Love Patrick, he seems so sweet and adorable, but really gets things done in an advanced manner. And what can I say about Tracey: She knows her stuff! Yes, it's time to do some chin ups on your own now. If you do, let us know how you are doing with them. Great workouts by the way.

Today was Back and I'm down to my last week. Next week I'll only have 4 days to workout due to some plans I have for Friday, Saturday and Sunday next week. So I'll have to double up on body parts. Should be interesting.

I'm down to 132.8#. :hyper: I really wanted to be down to 130# by the time this rotation is over and I may make it but I doubt it. And then the week after is my rest week so I'll probably end up gaining again which will make me mad. But I'm going to try like hell to keep my eating as clean as possible.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Hope your plans all go well and enjoyed. Every time I have a rest week, I gain a little, so your plan on eating very clean, sounds like a good one. Have fun this weekend.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
Debbie/Patti - Way to go on the weight loss!!!!

Janie
- Like Patti said your grandson is very lucky to have you!

Today was Back. Leg felt good, but my glutes are pretty sore.:p

4DS LIS through first blast as warmup.

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off.

Extended LIC Blasts during 2 minute rest between each set.

BACK
Underhand BB Rows:
40# - 8 sets/15-12 reps

Lat Pulldown:
15# Green & 10# Blue Tubing together - 8 sets/11-9 reps
***Loved this exercise, felt in in places that I have not felt other exercises.

Dumbbell Pullover:
32# - 8 sets/8-7 reps
***This has to be one of my all time favorite exercises.

T-Back Squeeze:
Purple Band - 8 sets/14-13 reps

Then finish ed out cardio from 4DS LIS.
Then added...

Reverse Wrist Curls:
3# - 8 sets/ 13-10 reps

Finished with stretch from 4DS LIS. Workout was 1:08 and burned 498 calories. (obviously I forgot to look at my HRM before I left my workout room or I would have walked for the other 2 calories:p)

Hey everyone - no time for personals as I have less time than I need to shower and get out the door! Today was CCPP. Results were as follows:

I started with warm up, steady 1 and challenge 1 on the bike for 6 miles, then TM for 2 and 3 and cool down (at the end, of course) for a total of 1.8 miles, arc trainer for 4 and 5 for .75 miles and then the extra challenge was challenge 2 from vol 8 on the stepmill for 1.9 miles. Total time was 1:35 and calorie burn was 931 - Max HR 175, avg HR 150.

Yesterday, I biked for 9 miles and then did some work on the TM, then abs.

Have a great night!

Patti and Debbie: YIPPEE :D:D:D

Janie: I totally echo what has been said. You are amazing and the little guy has one super grandma!

Everyone else: Hi and Bye ;)

I guess I got sidetracked and never posted my workout. This morning I did AOS Empire State Joint Mobility then alternated rounds of Newport with treadmill inclines at 4mph. So I ended up doing Newport rounds 1-8 and 3 miles on the treadmill. I finished with STS abs Circuits med ball no partner abs and pilates abs. I finished with Flexible Warrior 3.0 run yoga segment I burned 926 calories total and 45% fat.
I used 15# kettlebell for all Newport rounds
rnd 1 cossack stretch, squat/thrust/snatch, bicycle
rnd 2 squat/press. one arm swing, double leg raise
rnd 4 punch matrix, plank, single leg raise
rnd 5 side snatch overhead lunch, side plank
rnd 6 squat/kick, sots press, standing oblique crunch
rnd 7 hand to hand clean, dragon lunge, russian twist
rnd 8 kettlebell push up, dive bomber/cobra, janda sit up

Janie, dragon flys is an exercise that some of the other women here were talking about doing. It is in the men's Muscle and Fitness Magazine. There was a link to it posted. I believe that it was yesterday with a clip.

Patti, I just finished all of STS minus the Plyo legs. I am going to do workouts the next few weeks with Plyo legs, STS endurance upper body workouts and kettlebell workouts since I have Amy Bento's new kettlebell workout coming next week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.