Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Wed Sept 21

So I'm starting to think my upper back problems aren't from working out. This morning I woke up with a knot in my right upper back between my shoulder blades and spine.

I'm starting to think it's my pillow which sucks because my pillow is so comfortable. I bought this pillow the last time I was having neck/shoulder problems and it seemed to work fine until just recently. I don't get it.

So now I have yet another knot in my upper back. I have an icy/hot patch on it and hopefully it will not get as bad as the one on the left side.

:(

This morning I did Tracey's Bootcamp Metabolic Conditioning #3, 35 min, 300 calories. I love this one because it is not too long and gets quite a lot of calories out. I then did Muscle Max Lower only premix no stretch, 19 min, 142 calories. I followed with Jackie Warners Crunchless Abs standing 16 min, 121 calories. Total time was 70 min and calories burned 563.
Bootcamp MC 3

Debbie, I have wondered before if it was the pillow or way I was sleeping. Usually with the neck and trap area pain, I catch myself sleeping with my arm up under my pillow. The other day I kept waking up and trying to stretch out my lats. It felt like it was pinching right down the center of my shoulder blades. I have never had that one before. But, it wasn't till I was sleeping that it started so I thought maybe it was lying in an odd position too long or maybe inflamation that developed while I was lying down caused from a workout earlier. Although that day I had worked lower body:confused:

Roselyn, I always liked SS upper and lower blast . I used to use those two workouts a lot. It is nice to revisit workouts once in awhile. Sometimes I forget how intense some of them were.

Last edited:
Diane Sue - I have gone through so many pillows because of this issue. This has been ongoing for me for years, it just seems like now it's getting worse. I don't know what to do. I'm getting really sick of this, though. :(

Does anyone hear from Char? I know she checks in on the FB thread. If so, can you please let her know that I emailed her. I'm not sure she checks her email too often anymore.

Debbie, I once had my foot x-rayed. The doctor was just sort of I could do that if you want? I had plantar faciitis but also have a bone spur. She advised holding off on a surgeon unless it caused me a lot of problem. I am not sure what I would do if I were you. It might be good to have it checked out. You do not have the option of saying you don't want to do anything major. I know how you feel though. I would not want someone telling me I cannot workout or I need to workout differently because of what is wrong. I also don't want to be someone's mistake. The less surgury and medicine I have to take, the better off I think that I am.
I have also tried changing pillows, no pillows, and towel under my neck, special pillows. I finally gave that up.

Charlotte used to check in on the Hardcore facebook check in but she hasn't been there for a long time. She seems to still post on her own facebook though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.