HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR WED OCT 6

I was up at 4:15 today with no alarm, gonna be tired later.

Today I did TF Hiit 15, then STS Disc 23 Legs, SJP abs:

Leg was Tri Sets Used my weighted gloves on all excercises

Leg Press on step 25#
Wall Squats 20# Dumbbells
One leg slide back w/glider 20#

Deadlift on platform w/ barbell 70#
Slide lunge w/glider 20#
Squats narrow stance 30# ( need to get a heavier dumbbell here)

45 degree lunge 20# dumbbells
plie squats alternating hand 30#
Low plane lunges 20# dumbbells

Calf raises 20#

Have good workouts

Today was Back and Biceps. Had an excellent workout and my biceps are fried!!! I wish I could get my back fried like my biceps.

1 min. 30 sec. rest between each set.

BACK:
Underhand Barbell Rows - 35#/12 reps - 2 sets (warmup)
Underhand Barbell Rows - 60#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#, probably could have gone higher.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 30#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 3#.

Overhand Australian Pullups - BW/12/11/12/10 reps
***Last time was 10/10/8/9.

Dumbbell Pullover - 30#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 5#.

BICEPS:
Seated Dumbbell Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Same weight. Last week I did this standing, this week I did it seated and it's always harder to do it seated. Last set was hard.

Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls - 20's/12 reps - 3 sets
***No increase here either, I remember this one was tough last time and it was tough again this week.

Barbell Preacher Curls - 45#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#. Felt these big time.

Hammer Curls - 17's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Good weight here, up 2#. Probably could have done 20's.

Neck/shoulder is ok, still tight and I can feel the pull when I move a certain way. At least I can workout.

Roselyn - Excellent workout!!! Glad you are posting your weights. You are doing awesome! And you used way higher weights with that workout then I ever did! Nice job! :)

I think both you ladies post some nice weights :)

Yesterday I did Turbo Fire 45 mon EZ, it wasn't as bad as last time but it is NOT EZ :D. Also, my freaking ex husband tried to befriend me on facebook.....with?

Good morning guys ;)

No workout lasts night, I got home late due to accident on 271 traffic was ugly. After 30 minutes of stand still, I managed to exit off harvard, still took 1 hr and 25 minutes to get home.

This morning, I did KPC w/u and 1st half of the workout. Then on to 4DS back & bi's. I can tell I am getting stronger, reaching for db #20's.

Roselyn and Debbie - ^^5 to both you guys EXCELLENT Job ;););););)

Last edited:
Theresa - How weird about your ex. WTH??? Nice job on your EZ workout! LOL!

Teddygirl - I seen that backup on 271. All I was thingking was, "God I'm glad I don't work in Cleveland!" Sorry you were stuck in that. It was a miracle no one else was taken out by the truck. Nice workouts this morning!!! You are rockin!!! :eek:

Good morning -

GREAT workouts this morning, all of you :D. Bunch of maniacs ;) Saw your comment yesterday Debbie (about appreciating weights being posted). I also appreciate when you guys take the time to post the details of your workouts. I don't think though, that I ever have :eek: I will try to more often. *sigh* This is a heck of a workout to start with (complicated), but I will try. Yesterday, I did a slightly altered PLB. Too tired for anything last night. That's the thing I'm noticing most now. Seem to find energy for workouts that are better than I'd expect them to be, considering -- but pretty fatigued the rest of the day. Much better overall, though :)

This is the same variation of PLB I've done the last couple times, I started with squats (after a warm up set). Instead of doing regular squats and then plie', I did heels elevated w/ closer stance, then regular. Also, because I opted to go a little heavier (for me), last time I did this, I slowed some of the reps down to 2/2 count. Mostly this was to be sure my form was spot on and my shoulder's/torso were staying up. This time, that wasn't really necessary and I probably only slowed down a couple reps. My legs could have gone heavier, but not my stabilizers -- and the weighted vests really bug my neck by the end of the segment. Anyway, I used 20 lb vests (one or two, depending) and 30 or 40 lb dumbells to get these poundages:

Squats - 80 lbs (12 reps elevated/12 standard) - 100 lbs (10/10) - 120 lbs (8/8) [took an extra 30 secs here to catch my breath, then finished with same corresponding poundages for full pyramid]

3 minute break, then static lunges: 45 for 12 reps, 55 for 10 reps, 60 for 8, 55 for 10, 45 for 12 [Have to slightly elevate my back foot on high step topper, so I can push through the ball of my foot and spare my toes- trouble with flexion).

About a five minute break here, then for leg press, I used an 18 inch high step and did all the reps in the segment on one leg, then repeated the segment for the other leg. Does that make sense? When they switch legs, I don't. Kept weights pretty darn light. The extra inches on the high step make a big difference, though I do have long legs. Maybe could have gone a bit heavier, but I pretty much went with Cathe's filming weights done this way and got a nice high-rep burn: right leg - 25 lbs, 24 reps - 30 lbs, 20 reps - 35 lbs 16 reps, then same weights back down the pyramid and repeat with other leg (Thank God I am not a centipede).

For deadlifts, I did one legged deadlifts, lifting the back leg on the descent (think they use this option in Legs and Glutes). Diane Sue and Debbie - I saw your discussion about these yesterday and I have always been very conservative on poundage with this exercise. Usually my form feels really good, but once in awhile I'll have an off rep and can feel it. Occasionally, I'll just feel off for the whole exercise. I think with this particular move (well - with any exercise really, but ...) one mishap would be all it would take. I don't think I've ever gone as heavy as I probably could. Just enough to feel a good stretch and contraction. I used a 15 lb kb for the 12 reps, a 20 for the 10 and 30 for the 8 (same in the descent). This really did feel pretty wimpy, but there was a balance issue too and I did feel a bit of a burn by the end.

I ran out of time and did not do calves or floorwork. Also, last time I did this workout, I included a pyramid just for plie squats before I did static lunges. Forgot that this time. I will at least do calves after back today. *Whew* That was kind of hard to explain and kind of long winded :eek: - If I did the workout 'normally,' it would have been much easier. Maybe that's why I rarely post the details.

Hope you all have a great day.

Lori

Debbie: Yeah, it was crazy by the time I got home I was pissed and hungry:confused:

Good thing Lori mentioned about you wanting us to post our results I didn’t know that, I try not to sign on to much here at work, any who, I’m all in:)

Lori - Nice work:)

My workout is done and now off to cleaning. Tomorrow is back to running the schools with grandchildren. My workout was Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam doing the whole dvd including the stability ball segment and abs 1hr43 minutes, Max HR 160, calories burned 726. K then did Kelly Coffey's 30 min to Fitness Bootcamp bonus stretch 18 min 44 calories.
Total workout time was 2 hr 1 min and calories was 770. I always have fun doing Step Jam and the time seems to move quickly.

Edited to add that my meals were not so good yesterday. I won't even bother. I will be back on track today. Post workout I had a chocolate Myofusion shake with almond milk
lunch will be roast chicken breast bites with a veggie blend from Schwanns
dinner turkey meatballs and veggies

Last edited:
Lori- thx for the breakdown of what u did, I like ur spin on the plb :).

Teddy- I would have been pissed too... That is ridiculous. How long does it normally take u to get home?

Diane Sue-that was some calorie burn today :D. And I have no doubt you will get back on track with the eats :).

Theresa – It takes me about 35 minutes to get home. Man oh man I wish this day was over:( just get so tired of same ole routine.

Diane: I’d think the way you workout, one day of eating "whatever" you like won’t hurt you. I don’t know anyone on this planet earth :) who work it like you, you are awesome:rolleyes:

I am getting back here kind of late. I really worked today to get the house done and the dog bathed. Still need to get outside and do a couple of things. I will be up at 4 tomorrow. Lots of running the next couple of days. Then Saturday we are going on out on our bike for a Poker Run. Not even sure if I will have time to workout as we will leave early. I am trying to plan around fall break when I will go visit my Dad and take 4 days off from working out. Although we usually take walks around the neighborhood while my Dad is napping in his chair:D

Roselyn, I wake up like that and will be full of energy but know later I will be tired. Nice weights:D

Debbie, good workout. What is an Austrailian push up.

Teddy, sorry you had to sit in traffic like that. That is usually when I wish I hadn't drank that coffee:eek: Bet you were tired. Nice workout today.

Lori, with those weight no wonder you needed to slow the count. The weighted vests make my neck hurt too after I have them on for awhile. Good idea on the leg press. I like using a kettlebell for the 1 leg deadlift. Nice idea. I think working 1 side at a time helps keep away from some of the imbalances of allowing one area to take over when doing both sides simultaneously. Thanks for posting:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.