Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Wed Oct. 26

Insanity Cardio Conditioning and 25 minutes of rebounding, I did some of the Insanity excercises on my rebounder and it makes it interesting and different, then did 20 minutes of abs with Cathe.

Today was cardio and I got on my treadmill and just did some 1/4 mile intervals. One turned out to be 3/4 mile, I just didn't feel like stopping. Too bad that only happened once. :D

My goal was to get 3 miles in today. I did each interval increasing the speed as I went along. Nothing major, just a comfortable jog. Felt good. My inner thigh got a bit tight, though. Weird after that yoga workout yesterday. And I am so sore from that workout. I can't believe stretching can make you sore.

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. total
5 minutes below zone
22 minutes in zone
34 minutes above zone
483 calories burned
3.29 miles traveled

Strange morning today but I did get my workout all in. I started with the Slide and Glide Premix Express Cardio, abs, and stretch 39 min, 271 calories Max HR 154. I think I can increase the intensity but need more carpet or floor space with the discs. I had to take out 9 of my 24 inch mats to have enough space. A few times when Cathe moved 3 steps across gliding I had to shorten my space I was using. I would have done this in the other room if I hadn't pulled out the cabinet bed for mu grandaughter's sleep over today. This only required the discs for this premix. I watched a little of the segment following cardio and I do believe it is firewalker band floor work. I skipped it because I did lower body yesterday. It might be a nice addition to the Tri-set split. I then did Low Impact Series Tri-sets upper split 55:43. I got through the first triset when dd arrived early so visited for 30 min and wen back to it. I burned 330 calories total. Maybe better next time. My shoulders are sore after this. They are really sore right now. When Cathe mentioned the change in movement incorporating more traps I knew that this would get to my neck and shoulders. I dropped to the 5# here.
I finished with Yoga Max Express #1 premix,(I almost gave it up because of shoulders and neck) but carried on with it. I feel ok now, but was really feeling the soreness while doing it. 32:34 min and 146 calories. Total time was 2 hr 8 min and calories burned 747.
I really did like Yoga Max. It does require a little strength. Not fast paced either. Cathe gave some good instruction and it was not a bunch of odd new age or trendy stuff.
Low Impact Series upper tri-sets
Starts with 3 exercise groups repeated once CST

walking plank push up body weight not sure if it was 12 or 16 reps second time through it was definitely 12 reps but I kept thinking in some areas the reps were different.
stability ball shoulder incline press with dumbbells 15#db's 16 reps
Lying tricep extension on the ball 15# db's 16 reps
second time around the triceps are done with a roll back to an overhead press 4 reps regular, 4 reps roll to overhead, 4 reps reg, to 4 reps overhead 12# dumbbells
repeat

push up with leg cross over bodyweight 16 reps
incline arcs on stability ball 8# dumbbells 15 reps
wide stance plank kickbacks 12# 12 reps then other side
repeat

alternating dumbbell chest fly on stability ball, 15# dumbbells, 16 reps
external rotation w/ lateral raise 10# dumbbells 10 reps
modified divebomber 15# 10 reps
repeat

1 arm row w/ leg raise on stability ball
incline hammer curl with a twist on stabilit ball 20# dumbbells 15 reps
stability ball crunch with arms extended overhead 8# first time and 10# the next 16 reps
repeat

stability ball pull over 20# dumbbell, 15 reps
simultaneous bicep curls 15# dumbbells 32 reps
ball exchange (I used the bosu ballast ball0
repeat

rear delt flys on the stability ball 8# first time, 5 the second (15 reps I think but am pretty sure it was 5# by the others.
concentration curl on stability ball 20# dumbbell 10 reps
reeverse crunch with stability ball pass through 32 reps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.