Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Wed Nov 2

Leg day, had a good workout,did an STS disc 17 and kelly coffey-meyer lower body split.

Hard to believe that this month is Thanksgiving!!

So today was STS Back and Biceps. I am still SO SORE from Monday's Chest, Shoulders and Triceps workout. I was going to do legs instead, but of course my right knee was really bothering me last night so I didn't want to chance it.

Got a good workout in but lost a lot of strength in my biceps. Kind of bummed about that. And when I was doing barbell curls, my elbows were bothering me again. :confused: I haven't lifted heavy in a really long time, why wouldn't my elbows have healed by now? Really bums me out. I feel like I need to let the weight lifting go but I just don't want to. I love weight lifting. I guess I'm just going to have to be mindful in the amount of weight I lift. Do good form and no rocking with any exercise. Hopefully that will be keep me safe. :(

Diane Sue - We seem to have the same type of neck problems. Mine happen when I sleep too, and ends up between my shoulder blade and spine - usually a huge knot. Very annoying. I still have soreness there from the last bad one I had. Very frustrating. Good to know about the yoga workout. I really want to get those. Thanks!

Last edited:
This morning I did the Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets using premixes. I did the lower body premix stopping at the stretch then added the bonus lower body work from Butts and Guts (that is sit and stands, leg press, and the stability ball extensions) I then did Chest, shoulders, and triceps skipping the w/up. 482 calories 79 minutes. I had a break talking to dh then did Yoga Max Express workout #2 34 min(I did #1 last week) and then I did Yoga relax Express workout #1 28 min 209 calories for both workouts. I like them both. Cathe really holds the poses. Yoga relax was nice. Felt good on my shoulders and lower body. This second yoga max mix I did had some harder moves toward the end. It blended in some core and I know I would have remembered the levitation holds:) I didn't feel so bad when I saw Brenda had one foot on the floor. It also had some locust and camel in it that I don't think was in the first premix. It is going to get below freezing tonight. I am not ready for cold weather. I just got my yard finished and was hoping to sit outside and enjoy it.

Debbie, what is up with the neck and shoulder area. I have had it almost feel like it was stinging right between my shoulder blades. This morning I woke up with the opposite side of my neck hurting. Not as bad as yesterday though. It feels stiff. Not sure how to get the stiffness out. Ice seems to make it feel better and I try all kinds of stretching. I have found that it feels good if I lie with my upper back on the foam roller and then fold my arms across in front with my hands on my shoulders that it helps get into that shoulder blade area. Helps for a bit.

Roselyn, Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming fast. It seems like I just did all of that. Not even sure who is doing Thanksgiving dinner this year. No one has volunteered yet. I am doing Christmas since dh will be home for a visit. My youngest is not much of a cook and she does not want to do Thanksgiving since her dh is in Afghanistan. I guess we will see what happens:) I don't need all of the leftovers at my house.

Diane Sue - I find ice helps too. And I've been grabbing onto my pullup tower bar and stretching that way. Not hanging, but pulling myself enough where it stretches. That feels really good. Weird how we are having similar problems.

Debbie, I do that with my TRX. I have a couple of flexiblity workouts from there and have found some nice stuff just pulling away or leaning at different angles. I like it a lot for that.

The hardest thing for me to stretch and get rid of tightness is in my neck and trap area. Right now I almost cringe when I see upright rows in the mix.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.