Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Wed Nov 16

Worked legs today.

Sad story here in st. louis, a 13 month old reported missing yesterday and about an hour later they found his body. This just makes me so mad and sad, apparently this morning they have someone in custody and right now saying it is a woman, which is really upsetting, I just hope it was not a vendetta or something the mom is young like 20, so many prayers to this family.

Everyone have a good day and workouts.

Today I did some cardio and some yoga. I got on my treadmill and just did a 1/2 mile jog, rested for two minutes and did a .75 mile jog. Felt good. My HR monitor kept losing my HR so I just took the stupid thing off and jogged without it. I hate that. I hate not knowing what calories I burned. I'm guessing around 300.

Then I did the stretch workout from Karen Voight's Yoga Focus. Love that stretch workout and felt great after. I'm so tight in my muscles again.

Roselyn - OMG that is horrible. What is it with people these days? How can they do such horrid things? Especially to children.

Ever since the Penn State scandal I have been on edge about this kind of stuff. I've been so angry and just can't believe this kind of stuff can happen. Makes me sick.

Morning :D

Me just getting out of our meeting, we're changing insurance…again:eek:

Any who, this morning I wasn't sure what I felted like doing got up sorta late, so I did KPC then did KM leg drills This workout was really fun this morn, I had mad energy; came from nowhere. I found myself singing:)

Rose: OMG this is so awful, it's scary; I mean.... how could anyone hurt a child. And you must be a real sicko to hurt your own. Times we are living in is sooooo bad; its sad.

Debbie: Penn State incident was pure evil... just like the one Rose mentioned, wth Did you hear this man perverdict testament? He admits he's a freak.

Last edited:
Teddygirl - Yes I heard it. He should be hung, period. All of them should, they are just as guilty as he is for covering it up. Nice workout today!

My workout started this morning with Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit #3 mor shoulder emphasis that I lightened up. 33 minutes 165 calories. I heavied up on the lower calf raise segments. I like the 12 reps and the breakdown sets. I followed this with Cathe's Barre workout just the lower firewalker band. (this reminds me to check and see if I am getting a new dvd since mine messes up during the stretch which I think would be good if I could see all of it without jumping around) I then did URX-MT Patrick Goudeau, Metabolic Strength Cardio Interval 45 min, 380 calories HR 142 avg-164 Max. I chose this one because he does not use the sand weights till he hits the abs and core work. It is short and burns a lot of calories. I just don't want to do so much constant shoulder work. Total time was 84 min and calories burned was 576.I still may pull out some yoga in awhile. DH called and I quit before I added additional stretching or yoga. The time change has altered our time to talk to each other. Theirs does not change so it is 9.5 hours different than here. Tomorrow I will be back to getting up at 4:30 for awhile. Thanksgiving gives me somewhat of a break next week too:D
Eats were decent yesterday. I had an Amy's light and lean pasta and veggies for meal 1 after I returned from getting oil changed etc. Meal two was Amy's light and lean enchilada with rice. Meal 3 was 2 tilapia fillets with lemon pepper seasoning and asparagus.
Today so far has been
tilapia and a spinach salad
Dinner is a community Thanksgiving dinner which one of my dd's and children will go to with me. I am hoping for turkey, veggies and salad but who knows. Maybe I should have added an extra hour to my workout but that would just make me more hungry:)

Roselyn, that is so sad about that baby. Makes one wonder how someone got hold of it. Most parents have them close and really are watchful. Maybe my family is more prone to being careful with all of the police background. I am sure the family is hurting right now.

Debbie, I often wonder why I am so obsessed with that HR monitor. Mine has straightened up lately. There for awhile it would just pop in 225 or so as my hr so I could not go back and see what my actual upper hr was. Now I watch it often and it seems to know because it is working. I keep meaning to get the battery changed in my older one and buy a new strap to go with it. Just so I have back up. I am getting tighter and need to get that yoga workout in. Particular my shoulder and neck still. It is driving me nuts.

Teddy, our Insurance company added something new but I did not go for it. The deductable and co pay is higher. I am sticking with the HMO. Not wonderful but so far I have been taken care of pretty well.
I love it when I have a crazy bunch of energy when working out. I love that you were having so much fun you were singing:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.