Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Tues Oct 25

I did Insanity Upper Body Training then ME Upper push/pull premix,going to start posting eats if anyone wants to keep track with me, i think i need to as i don't think i have been eating enough, if you guys notice that, tell me pleaseeee.

M1-egg whites, scrambled
M2-protein shake with fruit
M3-peanut butter on 1 slice of Rudi's wheat/oatmeal bread
M4-apple
M5-turkey muffin (2) these are good got the recipe from Oxygen, roasted veggies
M6-greek yogurt

That is what i have planned, things could change.

Wow is it cold this a.m. We haven't turned our heat on because we've been using our pellet stove when we're home or in the evenings, but it gets really cold in here in the morning. Brrrr!!!

Today I got up and did Power Yoga Energize with Bryan Kest. I did ok with it, my body is so tight that it's almost impossible to do some of the poses. I know I need to keep this up to get my flexibility back but I just never seem to find the time to incorporate it in my workouts.

I really like this workout but hate the way the DVD is set up. You can't fast forward through anything. So when it starts theres like 7 minutes of Bryan talking. I've heard it a million times but can't get past it. So I did the first 40 minutes of the workout and stopped when it got to the core work. My abs are sore from yesterday's workout so I didn't want to work abs again. I wish I could have FFWD to the finishing poses but I couldn't. I really wish they would have set that DVD up better. Oh well.

I feel really good right now. My body is a lot looser then it has been in a while. I may do this workout again on Thrusday or one by Karen Voight.

Diane Sue and Roselyn - Yes, it was from this site. When I posted my workout yesterday (and it was long) it said I need to add 10 more words to it. Once I added what was on the bottom of the post about the error, it went through. It happened on both threads that I checkin at. After that it didn't happen again. Weird. Diane Sue - Cathe's new workouts have yoga on them? I didn't preorder this time. The workouts sort of looked like the same old thing. I may get them in the future, not sure.

Finally able to post. For some reason it was not letting me post. Busy morning here already. Today I did not have a lot of time but wanted to play with the Low Impact Series. I did The Trisets Lower Split 40 min, 241 calories. Then Athletic Training premix express 22 min, 165 calories, Max HR 159. Total time was 62 min, 406 calories. I would have liked to do some of the yoga but Had to be out the door. Tomorrow should be better as far as going out in the morning.
The Athletic Training premix was nice. It was w/u, cardio using the step and some air squats, then some quick abs, and str. My legs were on fire after doing the lower body. No weights for this premix.
Lower Body was not weight intensive. The dixie cups were an interesting tool. I think they were not necessary but I guess it keeps you focused.
Lower Body
w/up
wall squats 15# dumbbells, 16 reps
dixie cup pick up (umm, I used 1# dumbbells here) 16 reps
dixie side lunge 16 reps(decided to go find the cups)
rest
wall squats 22.5# dumbbells 16 reps
dixie cup pick up BW 16 reps
dixie cup side lunge BW 16 reps
rest
high step step up lunge 15lb dumbbells 12 reps
dixie cup elevated lunge BW 12 reps
dumbbell squat 22.5# 16 reps
rest. repeat
deadlift straight leg 22.5# dumbbells 16 reps
1 leg crossover dip squat (mostly balance)5# dumbbells 16 reps
stability ball roll in both feet 4 reps 1 leg 12 reps repeat other side
rest, repeat
For me this would be good more as an add on. I can raise the weights some though. It did have my legs burning.

Debbie, that is odd about your post yesterday. Did you alert Cathe's staff? I really hate when workouts cannot be forwarded through. That would keep me from using the workout or I would start it while I was getting dressed or something. I am not looking forward to the cold at all. We had a drop in temps and right now it is back up in the low 80's. Perfect weather for a motorcycle ride:) To bad dh isn't here. I just start the bike and listen to it run.

Roselyn, I was doing that and started dropping weight lately so have been a little better about monitoring my eats.

Diane Sue - I did post something on the OD forum about it. They responded but of course they have no clue why it happened. They are so helpful.

I actually did put that DVD in the player because I knew it did this. But I forgot you had to put press play and THEN the 7 minute intro starts. So I got dressed and all that just to have to press play for the stupid intro to begin. :mad: I was not too happy. I like this workout a lot, though, so it's a bummer you can't do anything with it once it's in the player.

LOL on you starting up the bike. I haven't had mine started in a month probably. This summer was bad for riding and the fall is even worse. I think I only put 600 miles on my new motorcycle this summer. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.