HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR TUES OCT 19

Where is the month going??

Today was cardio, I did Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam,

Warm up 9 minutes
cardio 58 minutes
abs 8:30 minutes

After doing Insanity Turbo Fire I cannot believe how much better my endurance is on workouts that I used to burn out quickly, not anymore.

Which I knew what I burned in calories, I have to get a heart monitor, any suggestions on one that is easy to use?

Have good workouts everyone.

Today was cardio and I was able to do another hour of Cardio Coach. However, even though I stretched my inner thigh before and then during the workout, by the 4th challenge it was getting pretty painful.

I did Press Play and did Challenge #1 through #4. I skipped the 5th challenge due to the pain I was feeling. My goal this week is to stretch my legs every evening and see how I do next week with a CC workout. I'm hoping it's just a case of very tight muscles.

CARDIO STATS:
60 minutes total
8 minutes below zone
13 minutes in zone
39 minutes above zone
485 calories burned
3 miles travelled

Was really hoping for a 500 calorie burn. Probably would have gotten it had I done the entire workout.

Morning Guys,:D

Quick check in I had to leave out of town Friday to get my son. We got in yesterday around 5pm had lots of packing and unpacking to do, argh:eek: Today, my desk is loaded with work will check in tomorrow:)

Roselyn- so glad to hear insanity made such strides in your endurance, it wasn't for me but it looked like a good program. The polar hr monitors are easy to use

Debbie- I sure hope stretching is the key too. How very annoying.

Teddy- I hope it was a good trip.

I have had some wicked cramps this time around, so I took it easy yesterday. I took the furry creatures on a 45 min walk. I will do some form of cardio today just not sure what yet.

Good morning -

Roselyn - The month really is flying by, I agree :confused: Afraid we're burning through the last of our warmer days, too. Stamina improvements make it easier to really enjoy those (formerly) tougher workouts, I imagine. Nice work today :)

Teddy - Glad you're back :). Sounds like you have your hands full. How old is your son?

Debbie - That # is about as close to 500 as you can get. Typing your stats probably burned the extra 15 :p . :mad: about the adductor - hope the stretching helps.

Theresa - Hope the cramps are done and have moved on. I think one of the reasons I dread winter is it makes critter walking so much harder. I do not do well with the cold :( though they don't seem to mind it much. Enjoy whatever you decide on for cardio :)

Yesterday, I did NoMax (rest day). It was tough but necessary. Today, I will either do legs and a lighter cardio or the second Insanity workout.

Hi to everyone else. Have a good morning.

Lori

Roselyn - Nice job with your cardio and good to hear your endurance levels are up so high! :) I have a HRM from Walmart and it's a Sportsline. I love it. I've had Polars and Nikes and didn't like any of them. But Diane Sue has a Polar and I know she loves the one she has.

Teddygirl - :( Hope you get back to normal soon!

Theresa - I'm having terrible cramps this time as well. It seems to get worse every month. :( At least you got a walk in!

Lori - LOL on Nomax day!!!

Hey Maniacs!

Just wanted to check in and hopefully get some motivation sent my way!:p

Debbie - I'm glad the stretching helped. You were so close to 500.....I was gonna type "don't sweat it", but that seemed wrong? :confused:

Lori - LOL - NoMax! I hear that. I have been soooo tired from all my hard work renovating the new house. I also haven't taken the pups for a walk for the past few days as it has been nasty windy, cold, rainy....basically YUK!! The dogs have enjoyed playing in their new yard, however, so that's some help!

Roselyn - I wish I could add something to the heart monitor question, but I have broken every one mentioned! :eek: Glad your endurance is improved.

Theresa - Sorry about the cramps....I hate it!! I agree with Debbie - it seems like they get worse with age instead of better.

Teddy - Hope you are getting all of your work done. :)

Hi to Diane Sue, Hermia, Linda, anyone else????

Today I did the original IMax and got in a fairly good workout. I did cut it short by about 15 min since I am still extremely tired and have to work on the house for a few hours again tonight. Things are starting to come together and hopefully we can actually move in sometime around the beginning of November.

Have a great day!

Cheryl

I started my workout this morning with Shock Cardio Circuit Blast Cardio premix no stretch 19 min 166 calories Max HR 161. I then did MMA Heavy Bag because I wanted to try to finish before the grandbaby showed up this was 19 min 167 calories Max HR 167. She did show up half way through but it was kind of funny because she was afraid to come in when Nana was beating up the bag LOL . I went on and did MMA Fusion skipping the w/up 265 calories 42 min Max HR 153. I wanted more core work so I did cardio core circuit core premix 7 min 43 calories, then Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge Core refining and stretch 14 min 78 calories.
I wanted to check out Jillian Michael's Shred it with weights that uses the kettlebell. I did just a couple of minutes of workout level 2 and I was holding a 20lb kettlebell, so when she started doing jacks with the kettlebell overhead I decided to wait and preview. I did do the 1st 10 min of level 1 with a 15lb and felt I could go heavier on it but is seemed to go for core based to more lower body which is what I plan to do tomorrow so I gave it up. Didn't need it today anyway:D I burned 56 calories during the 10 min.. Total workout time was 1 hr 51 min and calories burned was 775 calories.
I had a post workout meal of frozen thawed pineapple chunks with unsweetened coconut and vanilla whey. I am getting ready to put together another pot of soup:D
I have to go finish cleaning house and pick up the other grandchildren from school.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.