Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Tues Oct 18

Had one of those excellent cardio days today. I did some different intervals on my treadmill. It's weird but I don't really get into my running until about 40 minutes it. I wonder why? My body starts feeling really good at around 35-40 minutes and I can just kick it up and go. I'm wondering if it's because I get up so early to workout? I don't really warm up, I get up, drink coffee, sit my butt down and watch General Hospital. Then about 45 minutes later I'm in my workout room getting ready to workout. Oh well, I had a great one this a.m.

The intervals were as follows:

10 minute warmup
1/4 mile jog at 4.0 mph
Rest about 2 minutes
3 - 1 minute speed intervals with 1 minute rest between each
Rest about 2 minutes
Repeated 3 times but ended with a 1/4 mile jog so I did the 1/4 mile jog 4 times.

Speeds and incline changed throughout. After 40 minutes I was up to 6 mph and felt great.

HR STATS:
60 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
19 minutes in zone
37 minutes above zone
485 calories burned
3.375 miles traveled

My stupid HR monitor is still giving me grief. I really wish I could just workout without it. I like to see how many calories I burn, though, and where my HR is at any given time during the workout. Very frustrating. As soon as I start jogging, it loses my HR until I press it against my chest and hold it there. WTF? And it slides down constantly. I may have to look into getting another one. :confused:

Roselyn - I just read yesterday's thread. I love my Saucony's too. Glad you got a pair! I've been hearing a lot about Brooks shoes, too, but haven't tried them yet. Maybe next time.

My workout today was Tracey's Bootcamp MC #1 39 min, 313 calories, max hr 161. I then did STS Total Body upper only adding a set of 16 reps overhead tricep extensions and 16 reps crossbody ticeps then 12 reps each, 29 min, 167 calories. I finished with some TRX stretching from the flexibility workout but just doing it on my own, 11 min, 39 calories. Total time was 79 min and calories burned was 519.
No breakfast. Too busy. Lunch was early with 2 Ezekial tortillas, with tuna and dijon mustard are them.
I forgot I had a Syntha-6 bar so had that a few minutes ago. That should carry me to dinner. Dinner will be a gluten free taco pasta for family that will be here. I may just do something with the ground beef for myself and add a salad.

Debbie, it generally is like that for me in the morning. Although I generally am dressed and ready to workout in about 30 minutes. Once I have been at it for awhile I am good but, today I was on the 4th round of Bootcamp before I was ready to keep going. I kept thinking I wanted to stop after 1 or 2 rounds and just kept pushing myself. On Saturday's when I take more time to get ready and have had more sleep I do much better.

Roselyn, I liked the way the intervals were in Susan's new workout. The weight work was nice and still kept the HR up. The abs were really good as well. Glad that you liked it too:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.