Hard Core Fitness Maniacs for Tues Nov 1

Did the new dvd Afterburn, I did start with Insanity Max Plyo w/up and then went into afterburn, then did 20 TF abs.

Diane Sue, how many calories did you burn with this? I upped the weights except on the last arm extensions, my monitor is being crazy.

Today was cardio and I did Cardio Coach #4. Really didn't want to do cardio today, almost stayed in bed and slept in but decided that wouldn't help me lose these 10# I've got on my saddlebags.

So I did well, I think. Once I got about 30 minutes into it I got the energy to push pretty hard. So I did. Ended up having a good workout.

CARDIO STATS:
50 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
22 minutes in zone
25 minutes above zone
402 calories burned
2.5 miles traveled

This morning I had to get done. The landscapers are here. Gosh, I hate spending that kind of money but I really needed to do something with this dirt around my new storm shelter and with high temps I never got out and did much with the flower beds. Anyway once it is done it should be easy to maintain and my dog won't be leaving me with a muddy door and patio. I am tired of cleaning that up.
I did not even stop for coffee. Went over my calendar and discovered the next two weeks(my Dad is coming to visit next week) are going to be pretty busy. I want things planned so we can enjoy our time together.
Workout was Rapid Fire Results Mix-Remix (I liked this as it did the kickbox, drills, weights then to the next set) 73 minutes 572 calories, Max Hr 161. I used 2# dumbbells instead of weighted gloves so it was easy to pick up 5's and 8's for the weight segments. I then did Low Impact Series Total Body Trisets Mix back, biceps,& core skipping w/up, 30 min 173 calories. Total time was 1 hr 43 min and calories burned was 745.
I made mummy hot dogs and mashed potato ghosts last night. I also made Muscle Chow muscle bombs carving faces into the peppers before I filled them. That way I had something healthy to eat. Had one left so had it this morning post workout.

Roselyn, I burned 354 calories doing afterburn. I wasn't sure at first whether you were asking about Insanity or Afterburn:) My Polar FT60 keeps doing odd things since I had the new batteries put in. Generally it works great but if I stop for a bit, then restart the HR will jump to 228 or something totally rediculous when I am hardly moving. Taking it off, rinsing and the putting it back on seems to take care of it but I find it annoying.

Debbie, I hear you on almost staying in bed. I really did come close this morning myself. I had that terrible neck pain up one side of my head before I even went to bed last night. Not sure why since I sis the barre workout of Cathe's. So I was up till after 12 icing it and took Advil. This morning there are still some twinges. Didn't want to work shoulders today because I figured it would aggravate my neck. The pain is almost burning. I keep thinking it is a nerve or something. My neighbor had to have surgury on his neck because something was pushing on a nerve and causing terrible headaches. I think even after surgury that his wife says he still has some problems but it is better.

Diane Sue - How on earth did you workout this morning with neck pain? Be careful with that! Doesn't sound good. I think you should have taken the day off. Question: Have you done Cathe's newer yoga workouts yet? If so, are they good?

Debbie, I did one of the Yoga Max premixes and really liked it. I haven't done the Yoga Relax one yet. I was pretty close to doing nothing today. I knew I didn't feel up to a lot of jumping. Usually that happens when I sleep. But this time it just started hurting while I was up. Not sure what is up with that. I plan on trying the Yoga Relax one sometime this week. I will let you know what I think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.