HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR MON SEPT 20

Today was chest, tris and shoulders for me, did STS disc 16, will work on abs later. Planning on making new recipe for dinner, one from Oxygen magazine a beef stew with sirloin, sweet potatoes, carrots sounded good, I will let you all know if it was a good recipe.

Today is the 2nd week of the Simply Huge Rotation. Worked Chest and Triceps. It consisted of 3 or 4 sets of 12 reps. I used a 1:30 minute rest between each set. Lots of chest work but my chest didn't get as pumped as it usually does. I think it's because I should have gone heavier.

CHEST:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 75#/12 reps - 4 sets

Incline Dumbbell Press - 25's/12 reps - 4 sets

Decline Dumbbell Press - 27's/12 reps - 4 sets
***This one was irritating my right shoulder. Can't go too heavy here I guess.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 22's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Should have gone heavier.

TRICEPS:
Double-Arm Overhead Tricep Extension - 30#/12 reps - 3 sets

Weighted Bench Dips - 55#/12 reps - 2 sets
Weighted Bench Dips - 45#/12 reps - 1 set
***This one was too heavy, I had a hard time getting to 12 with good form.

Dumbbell Kickbacks - 12#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Felt these, good weight here.

Roselyn - I'm making the chicken parmagian (sp?) one today. I'll let you know how that one is, too.

Good morning everyone!

I'm sad to say that camp is officially closed until Memorial Day next year. :( I'm not quite sure where the summer went - can't even believe it's over.

Thanks Roselyn! I did pretty well with the eating over the weekend. I was so busy cleaning, packing up, moving stuff, etc, that I didn't even realize that I didn't eat much during the day. I did have 2 pieces of pizza last night, but didn't really eat much else all day, and I didn't feel like cooking anything for dinner.

Today I FINALLY had "one of those" days!! YAY!! I did Drill Max (the entire workout) and had a GREAT workout! I also added a few Tabata intervals - just for fun - and because I had so much energy this morning. I'm really not sure why, other than I did get good sleep last night and I'm excited about the new house....doesn't matter....just happy to have at least one great workout day!!

Hi to everyone else. I read over the posts from the weekend.

Diane Sue - I'm glad you REALLY took a rest day on Sunday. :D

Lori - Thanks for saying I'm an "inspiration". :) I think this group is SO inspiring! Everyone works so hard and is happy to share ideas and suggestions - good stuff!!

Has anyone heard from Linda! I didn't see any posts from her, but hope she did well after her surgery.

Ok...I gotta get back to work. Have a great day everyone and I'll try to check back later.

Cheryl

Last edited:
I got my workout in and ran to town to do some errands. I did not get much sleep. We had company late and I had to be up early for my grandbaby.
This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Lift Power Sculpt 33 minutes 272 calories HR 138 avg 161 max :eek: Then I did Turbo Fire Fire 30 Avg HR 138 Max HR 171 272 calories. I am not sure how the calories and HR happened today. Lack of sleep would be my guess. I finished off with Bob Harpers Warrior Yoga 59 min 222 calories. Total workout was 2 hr 4 min and calories burned was 766.

Roselyn and Debbie, I will be interested in how those recipes come out. I need to pick up some stuff for some of the recipes.

Cheryl, you will be so busy with moving that next Memorial day will be here before you know it:)

I had lots of help with my workouts this morning from my grandbaby.

Edited to add that I took it with my cell phone so it came out sideways LOL

Attachments

• Olivia Sept2010.jpg
    Olivia Sept2010.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Debbie, yes let me know how the chicken parm is.

My eats today so far are:

B- 2 egg whites and 1 egg scrambled
S- 1 T peanut butter and 1/2 banana
L- protein shake with skim milk and fruit
S-
D- Beef Stew from Oxygen mag.

Still got to figure what I want for my second snack

I had lots of help with my workouts this morning from my grandbaby.

Edited to add that I took it with my cell phone so it came out sideways LOL

OMG! She's standing on the ball!? How adorable is that? How is she balancing on it? Is she holding onto something?

My meals from memory;
Saturday
B-grapefruit
L-salad with fat free dressing
S-100 calorie pack pretzels(glad those are gone)
D-stir fried veggies-onion, mushrooms, beansprouts, snap peas, garlic, broccoli with soy sauce
S chicken breast diced with salsa
Berries w/ protein powder

Sunday
B- none
L- salad greens fat free Italian dressing
D- stir fried veggies same as Saturday
S- apple crisp made with apples, honey mixed with Flax n Snax high protein cereal as a topping and cinnamon topped with fat free sour cream as I did not have any yogurt left.

Today so far was :
B-Peaches in Flax n Snax Hot cereal with honey and Myofusion Vanilla
Whey
Not sure what I will have. I have chicken thawing so it will be in the mix:)

Diane Sue - Adorable picture :D Gave me a great big smile. Just what I needed. Incredible workout too - quite a cal burn - my stars :eek: Hope lack of sleep does the same thing for me today ;)

Debbie - Your workout looked really good :D . Still trying to figure out a rotation for next month. Probably won't get to Simply Huge until then. I've been lazy about cooking. Any good recipe's (from anyone) would be much appreciated.

Roselyn - That recipe sounds really good. DS loves sweet potatoes (not the marshmallowy Thanksgiving kind, though). Interested to hear how it turns out.

Cheryl - YAY on the workout :) That is such a nice thing when it happens. I especially needed some inspiration this morning - look at you all kicking butt :p I'll bet closing camp was tough, but like Diane Sue says, you have plenty to keep you busy until next spring. Summer flew by fast for me too. I think I'm grieving through the season change a bit. It's hitting me unusually hard this year. Also, I've been wondering about Linda too. Hope she's doing well.

Yesterday, I did back and triceps (meso 1). Also Budokon's Flow and Flexibility. Both went really well. Today I had planned to try the interval workout I pulled together from last week. I just don't know. I am pooped and really ... down - and that thing actually has a bit of a dread factor to it (at least today it does). Maybe then, it's just what I need [?] Also found myself watching parts from 4DS last night while folding laundry. Since I got my disc replaced (thanks Debbie), it almost feels like I got a brand new workout. Didn't get to do it much before I had problems with it. So, I think I'll spend time with it this week. Very much in a funk today though. Not good :confused:

Hi to everyone else - Hope you're all having a good day.

Lori

Hey Guys, :)

First, I have to ask, if I can come back home Y/N :confused::rolleyes:

Today I started my 90 day rotation. This morning I started with a CC workout, I chose Candace, thought I play it safe and start a bit easy ;) But..... as the day goes on my legs have gotten awfully "STIFF" I can hardly walk, can barely get out of my chair. Tonight, will stretch and soak in tub. Okay, that's it for me :rolleyes:

OK, I turned the picture around LOL I had two pictures. One was a little blurry though and No Debbie she was not holding onto anything in the first one but it is sort of braced but a little wobbly where it is at. I made her get down. The second one she is using the heavybag stand to hold herself up. She wanted to hit the speed bag. She is quite the busy child and always climbing and trying to do something. LOL
I skipped the P90X+ upper body this morning because my deltoid area and neck feel tingly spasms and I think it is all of the pull ups. I will wait and see how it feels Friday.

Lori, I was surprised at the HR and calorie burn this morning, but I could tell I was working hard so I am sure it was accurate.

Attachments

• Olivia Sept2010.jpg
    Olivia Sept2010.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 14
Diane Sue - She is totally adorable! that is a great picture!

Teddygirl - 'Bout time you found your way back... Of course you can rejoin us! :D

Don't have time for many personals today, but hi to everyone!

Diane Sue,

What a cute picture and what an adorable little girl!! Just had a snack of fat free yogurt with some chocolate protein, also did TF abs 20 this afternoon

Diane Sue - OMG......soooo cute!!! :)

Lori - Sorry if you got the "funk" from me - I had it for about 2 weeks. :p I promise it will pass..... I like 4DS sometimes - for a change.

I don't have much time - have so much work to get done today!

Breakfast: 1 cup Kashi cereal
80 cal low fat yogart

Lunch: Chicken tuscany soup
(6 Hershey Dark Chocolate kisses)

Dinner: Fresh tomato with triscuits and cucumbers

Snacks: 2 apples/3 low fat cheese sticks

cals: 1400

Have a great day!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.