HARD CORE FITNESS MANIACS FOR MON OCT 18

Today was STS Mesocycle 3 Week 1 Disc 25 chest and back

Flat Bench Press Warmup 12 reps 30# barbell
" "35 "
Flat Bench Press 8 reps 4 sets 40 # barbell
Barbell Rows " " " "
Chest Flys (Flat Bench) 8 reps 4 sets 17# dumbbells (weighted glove)
One Arm Row " " 22# Dumbbells "
Incline Bench Press 8 reps 4 sets 40# barbell
Deadlifts 8 reps 4 sets 60# barbell
Incline chest flys 8 reps 4 sets 17# dumbbells (weighted glove)
One Arm Horizontal Row 8 reps 4 sets 22# dumbbell "

I think I could of went a little heavier but I know I have to increase each week so this is where I started, have a good day everyone.

Worked Chest and Triceps today. Had an ok workout, wasn't on my mark much, though. I ate like crap this weekend :mad: and I'm paying for it today.

1:30 min rest between each set and exercise.

CHEST:
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 55#/15 reps - 2 sets - Warmup
Flat Barbell Bench Press - 85#/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 5#.

Incline Dumbbell Press - 32's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#.

Decline Dumbbell Press - 32's/12 reps - 3 sets
***Went up 2#'s. This one really irritates my right shoulder. I think I'll have to tank this exercise for good.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 27's/12 reps - 4 sets
***Up 2#'s.

TRICEPS:
Double-Arm Overhead Tricep Extension - 37#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 2#. This one was tough. Just didn't feel all that strong today.

Weighted Bench Dips - 55#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 5#, this one felt pretty good after the first set.

Dumbbell Kickbacks - 14#/12 reps - 3 sets
***Up 1#.

That is all....

Deb- I SO fell ya on the eating like sh*t this weekend! A party on both days :(

So yesterday turned into another rest day! My in-laws were here when I got home from the bday party. I of course could not do my workout. I had a tooth ache all day anyway. Today will be burn 1 plus alot of housework. My phone is dead and not charging for some reason so I haven't been able to call my dentist! Argh!!!!!

OK, baby calling. Nap time for her, so I am hoping to get the WO over with so nothing else can get in the way of it later! BBL!

I started my workout this morning with Amy Bento's 10 min solution 5 day get fit Fat Blasting Intervals and lean body sculpt to get warmed up. 20 min 143 calories. I really wasn't feeling like I wanted to do anything. Then I did Super Sets Upper Blast mix 59 min(might have taken longer since I had to stop and deal with my little training partner a lot:O ) I burned 282 calories. I then did Kelly Coffey's Circuit Burn Sculpting and Boxing mix 32 min, 224 calories, Max HR 146 using 12 and 15lb dumbbells.
Total workout time was 1 hr 51 min which felt like forever and calories burned 649. I did not want to skip a workout since I am taking several days off this week. Eating was pretty good this weekend other than the gummy fruit snacks:) I had made the Zesty Spinach soup which lasted all weekend. I am good if I have things I can grab that taste good.
I have to hit the store today so between running children the next couple of days I can try to fit in packing and cleaning.

Done! Buen Circuit 1. Focused on chest, rear delts, core, lower body. Good workout.

DS- what are you packing for? Vacation?

Happy Monday!:rolleyes:

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I didn't get time to read over the posts since I have been working like an animal for the past few days. I'm actually HAPPY to be back at work today - give my achin' body a rest!

Today I did HC Extreme Workout #3 - intervals and leg conditioning drills. I did ok, but still cut the workout a little short because I was exhausted. Unfortunately, I definitely can't do any upper body weight training until at least Wednesday. My shoulders, traps, wrists, forearms, chest and back are ALL on fire. I painted almost the entire house and stripped several floors this weekend, as well as gutting the rest of the basement. I could barely hold my arms up in the shower this morning to wash my hair! :eek:

As far as eating, that's another story. I have lost a few lbs, but I'm still not back to eating well. I did throw together a nice chicken chilli this morning in the crock pot, so hopefully I can stick to that for the next few days.

I hope everyone has a great day and happy workouts to all.

Cheryl

Good morning -

You guys got some good workouts in already this morning (even though some of you aren't too thrilled about your weekend eating). It's hard with parties -- or even just spouses that like to go out or whatever. My weekend's are pretty quiet, but I remember when they weren't. I guess it's a trade-off and I'm not sure which is better :confused:

Posted my workouts for the weekend yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to do today. Should probably take a rest day. I wanted to put that off until Wednesday if I could. I'll see how the day goes.

Hope you all have a good day.

Lori

I am back from the store but still have to go back out to hit a couple of errands. This morning I had some oatmeal with protein powder and pure maple syrup and sprinkled a few chopped almonds on top.
Lunch was a Kashi bar. No time
Dinner will probably be a salmon dish
Super Sets Upper weights:
Barbell Deadlifts 50 lb
barbell bench press- 40llb
shoullder front/side raise on ball 8 lb dumbbells
repeat
dumbbell pullovers on ball-35lb
dumbbell incline fly on ball- 20lb dumbbells
dumbbell rotator cuff side raises on ball- 8lb
repeat
dumbbell seated overhead press 20lb dumbbells
barbell preacher curls 35lb not sure how many reps, I believe I counted 27 but with all of the holds etc it is hard to count. Along with the effort:)
dumbbell tricep extensions on stability ball- 20lb dumbbells
repeat
dumbbell rear and front delt raises prone on ball- 8lb dumbbells
dumbbell concentration curls on ball- 20lb dumbbells ( another one that I lose count on)
triceps seesaw push ups on stability ball bodyweight

Maeghan, we are going to visit my Dad in Nebraska for 4 days. IT has been quite awhile since I have seen him. My dd and her family and 1 other grandchild is going as well:D

Debbie, that crappy eating can sure make a difference in how we feel but I sure enjoy it while I am eating it LOL You still had a good workout.

Cheryl, you were really going to town on your house this weekend. It sounds like you accomplished a lot.

Lori, I have had the quiet weekends here when dh has left the country and I have the busy constantly doing ones. I think a balance is better. It can get too quiet at times and others I would just like to relax and not have to do anything.

Hermia, yes that was the yoga I had missed before. I really wanted to do that particular workout and it is a long one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.