HAPPY NEW YEAR! Melters!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning and Happy New Year to All!

I hope everyone had a safe and good time last night. I believe most of us were staying close to home and enjoying the time with our loved ones. DH and I had our crab leg dinner which turned out well. I will be heading down to the basement to do PUB in a bit.

Robbin:
That wire crate sounds scary! Did it work? I think you will get to like using the HRM.

Shannon:
Great that you were able to do 7 miles without too much pain in your calf. It looks like you may be on the road to recovery. 60 degrees???. I am so jealous!

Lainie:
I am wishing you luck on the SB diet! The first phase is a killer.}(
Did you see Cathe's Jan rotation? I think I am staying with my own circuit/strenght/cardio one for now.

Tneah:
Thanks for the response on the other thread. I have more questions!

Michele:
Good luck with your new rotation!:)

TK:
Hope you enjoyed your crab legs! Yum. :*

Leanne:
Thanks for the tips on the books. I am going to request the "lifting" one from the library. Don't you hate when you have to go back and fix something you are making? I had to give up on my tea cosy.. I could not get past this one section. I am going to try to find an easier pattern. I hope you have better luck with the necklace. It is so pretty!

Shelley:
I have heard so much about the Wii... I never have seen one! Hope you are feeling better today. Where did you get the BSN? Let us know what it is like. I am tempted by that Bananna nut bread recipe I read over on the OF.

Well off to make the coffee! Have a wonderful day!

Deb :)

Tneah: Edited to add:

Wow that stuff is really expensive. I went over to Ebay where they seem to have some pretty good deals.. If I had to start with one, that would work on the age spots, which would be the one you would recommend? I just bought all the stuff Dr Baumann recommended and spent a fortune!

Deb

Happy New Year Melty ladies!

Deb - I'm glad your dinner turned out well.

Okay, so this morning, I thought to myself "self, you should weigh in, since it's the first day of the new year and all...". So down I trotted to the scale, stood on it, looked, got off, stood on it again and looked. Somehow... I have lost 5 more lbs. How is that possible with the not-so-great eating lately? The only thing I can think is that because I've been off and not sitting at my desk all day, all the moving around and doing stuff has burned off the excess calories and then some. Anyway, it was a very nice surprise!

Happy New Year, Melters! I've missed checking in with you guys - vacation has been so busy. It will almost be a relief to be back at work tomorrow and on a normal schedule.

I'm happy to report that I've actually been melting!!! I'm down 4.5 pounds since I started using Calorie King - it's really helping to keep me honest. I reached my first intermediate goal last week and my reward for reaching my first goal was to go shopping for 2 new tops! Hooray for shopping! :D

Deb, have fun with PUB!

Shelley, way to go with the weight loss! I think not sitting at a desk all day definitely helps. :)

I hope everyone is having a great '08 so far Was anyone else excited to start their new Cathe Calendar this morning? I loved starting the new year off right by putting a Bootcamp Sticker on January 1! :D I'm doing Cathe's January rotation this month (not this morning - haha!) - I think it's just what I need. :)

Emily - you're doing the entire January rotation this morning?:p Wow. I'm impressed!

And WTG with the 4.5 lbs down! Do we get to see the tops?

*snort* Thanks for catching my typo. Guess I was feeling rather motivated, huh? ;-) I'd have some serious DOMS from that, I'm sure. Not to mention the fact that there aren't enough hours in the day!

I'd be happy to share my new tops. :) I *may* have also picked up a new handbag. But only because I really needed it. *nods wisely*

I got this Vera Wang top (in Shell):
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/wom...mply+Vera+Vera+Wang+Embellished+Heart+Tee.jsp

And they don't have the exact other top I got, but it's similar to this one (with a different print):
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/wom.../PRD~255555/Nine++Co+Surplice+Animal+Top.jsp#

And I got this Vera Wang handbag (in Cranberry):
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/wom...~315598/Simply+Vera+Vera+Wang+Medium+Hobo.jsp

I got some good end-of-season deals!

Happy New Year Deb, Shelley, Evily, and all who follow!!

Well, we were planning to stay home last night, but DH got home late and we just didn't have it in us to cook and do dishes. We called our favorite restaurant to see if they had any last minute cancellations and THEY DID!!!!! In fact, they were trying to call us but we have an unlisted number. They told DH they were googling us to see if they could get our number that way -- LMAO! I'm so glad we called! We had a perfectly lovely dinner and were home and fast asleep by 11:00. Aren't we a couple of party animals! :p . We're going out for breakfast this morning and possibly to a movie. I have Pure Strength BBA on tap for today.

Deb - Your NYE dinner sounds divine! I was lol at your comment to Lainie about Cathe's January rotation. I looked it over yesterday and thought to myself, this rotation will kill me! Oh man, all that cardio -- no way!! :eek:

Shelley - ^^^5's to you for your meltdown!! I'm so happy for you -- I hate you but I'm still happy for you :p . I definitely think moving around helps melt the pounds. That's one of the reasons why I've been trying to stay away from the forums a little bit -- because I tend to develop a butt glue problem, spending the day reading and posting instead of being physically active.

Emily - ^^^5's to you, too!! What did you do on your vacation? Did you travel? I love your tops and purse!! Maybe I'll check out Calorie King. I gained back the weight I lost so I'm right back where I started, but I'm at least grateful that I didn't gain any more than that.

Hello to everyone else! DH is looking at me and he looks mighty hungry :p . Have a great day!

Hello all. No time for personals at the moment. I'm busy cleaning house since my mom arrives this afternoon. I plan to squeeze in a quick 30 min. upper body workout as well. (Might be new one by Michelle Dozois or might be Upper Body Sculpt premix from LIC.)

So far I am hating the South Beach Diet. Ugh. But I am still trying it since I'm doing it with one of my forum buddies. It's only my 2nd day after all, and it's only 2 weeks that it's this bad.

Hope to BBL for personals but I expect a busy day ahead!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Happy New Year, everyone!

Do most of you have the day off work? I'm still on winter break from teaching for awhile longer, and I've been so lazy! I feel like I'm always on the go during the school year, so it's nice to just do my workouts, read, relax, and bead when I have some down time! I love nothing more than not having to leave the house for a couple of days. Is that terrible??!

I was another one who didn't make it to midnight last night. I'm usually in bed by 10:00, so making it to 11:15 last night was quite a stretch for me! My BIL is still here from Wisconsin, so we ended up ordering pizza and then having an X-Files marathon. It was fun, but I need to stay away from that leftover pizza today!:)

Today I'll be doing Low Max, and then the rest of the week I'll be finishing up some circuits before starting a 4DS rotation on Friday. I'm hoping to finish reading that weight-lifting book today. I feel like I should weigh myself and take some measurements since it's Jan. 1, but I'm going to wait until my usual Friday so that I keep on schedule.

Deb -- I've been using the drugstore stuff that Dr. Baumann recommended, and have had great results with it for the past year. The only higher-priced item I use is my prescription retinol (Differin), which my insurance is actually covering since I was getting scarring from breakouts. The Dr. Dover hydroquinone cream is another good lightening product to use, and it's fairly inexpensive (about $20 at CVS). I'm a OSNW, but I've been starting to get some dark spots lately, so I mix a little of the Dr. Dover cream in with my Differin at night. It seems to be helping! Also, I've been buying the BSN Lean Dessert at Vitacost.com. They offer shipping for only $5, and they carry almost all the flavors of it! I hope that you can get the tea cosy pattern figured out! It sure is no fun when you have to give up on something you're making!

Lainie -- You must be so excited that your mom and Wes are coming today! How long will they be with you? Are Isaac and Ewan excited? Hang in there with the SBD!

Shelley -- Way to go on the weight loss! That is so fantastic! It's great that you're losing weight while being on vacation. I usually find that I'm lazier. The last few days, I've hardly left the house and have been lying around reading!

Robin -- I know what you mean about your DH's comments about vacation time. My DH (who teaches high school) and I are always careful around other people to never bring up our vacation time. For my sabbatical, I said in my proposal that I would be doing reading in my field and writing a "publishable" article, even though it may not get published. If I get my act together, I may try to start writing as soon as I'm off in May so that I can try to write more than one article/essay. This past March, my book was published (it was basically my dissertation), and I'm thinking that I may *try* to start another. I really hope that I do it!

Emily -- Those tops and purse you bought are adorable! What great bargains! Of course you needed them!:)

Michele -- How great that you were able to get reservations at your fav restaurant! How was the Twilight Zone marathon!

TK -- Did you do anything fun last night?

Tneah -- Did you guys have a nice anniversary? How was Forrest Gump? I was thinking that my DH and I actually saw that movie on our honeymoon! Did you go out on the strip at all last night? I imagine that it's always crazy there on New Year's Eve!

Edited for a typo!

*Yawns* Why hello fellow Meltees!:)

We stayed up last night until 1:00AMx( Not good for me or my workouts, neither is champagne...but heck it was fun it was. We watched good ole Forrest Gump and chatted with east coast friends, it was really fun. Gosh I love my hubby.:7 Auntie paid a visit last night so today and tomorrow will be challenging exercise wise. I swear I might get that ablative surgery deal so it lightens things up a bit....

Our computers went down in the house, I am typing on the one in the "guest house" that the guys from work use,I hate it! ;( The keyboard is weird, hopefully our computers will be up and running in a few, will still check in and stuff, but isn't it hard to use someone else's computer?

Shelley,WOW... another 5 pounds???Not surprised with all the running around you did this past week!:7 Way to go girl, that is such a nice New Years surprise!

Leanne, would love to meet and have lunch!Thanks for askin!!

Deb, just know that the products do last forever, I have had mine for over 10 weeks, and if they work, its worth it. But use what you have first. I like Leanne's suggestion about the hydroquinone creamm at CVS. The product that gets rid of spots is called "Clear". I believe it is 36 dollars?

Emily, hey you, long time no see! Love the new threads and of course you can never have enough handbags!:7

Michele, dinner sounded lovely, sounds like you and your DH had fun last night too!:p

Robin, when is your tropical vacation? And thanks for thinking of me at the grocers;) heehee

Lainie, hang in there girl. I attempted the "Fat Smash" deal when celebrity fit club was on and actually hated/loved it. It was all veggies, tofu, no sugar, etc...not bad, it was the little portions that got me and sapped my workout energy. SB is much better, you can do it!

I am going to attempt the new rotation. Will sub for some of the higher impact though, my poor bod can only take two days in a row of high impact and then the next day I am nursing sore knees and stuff. it looks like it will be effective and exactly what I wanted for Jan. plus, it means I can get rid of the Slim Series for good. I know myself now, I do not do workouts I hate. Life is too short!

Sorry for any typos, this computer has the weirdest keyboard, it writes before you do, and screws everything up, those nasty IT boys!}( Have a wonderful day everyone, and hi to TK and those that follow.

Happy New Year melting Friends!

Shelly way to go on the weight loss!

No time for extended personals, but I 's sending ou all hugs and healthy vibes!

I am back to menu planning for the week.
I may post a menu or two to hold me accountable in days ahead, unless sit is taboo here. :eek:

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi guys. No time for personals. It took me forever to figure out how to download the CC to my MP3 player. It would have helped to read the instructions. NYUCK NYCUK. Sometimes my computer lameness just cracks me up. Anyway, I did Vol 2, and except for the hokey tribe hooting at me at the top of the mountain, I loved it. I haven't sweated that much since Thanksgiving. I'm not doing an official weigh in until Friday. I have to go get the pork roast roasting. I'll try to get back later.

Deb, Yep! That is the one. And it's true, if you want faster results, get the 4%. I thought for some reason it was 36 dollars? Weird. I got mine from a med-spa place here in Vegas, the same price as you find on the internet. I know its pricey, so I suggest using what you have first and then when you run out of product, start with the whole program. Just be prepared though. Your skin will react to it by peeling and shedding and turning red, its pretty yuk at first but then all of a sudden after 5 weeks you look amazing! Have you tried skinstore.com? I now buy my skincare there. Is your troubles mainly brown spots? If that is the case, you may even try the Obagi RX line which is less harsh, still contains the hydroquinone, but uses vitamin C as well. This is what I switched to after 6 weeks on the NuDerm program. My skin is reacting to using something new, but I love Obagi , it treats the skin and it works. I did use the Clear product by itself at first and did not notice a big difference, it wasn't until I used the whole line with the retinol too that I started seeing visible results. Hope this answers some of your questions?

I mopped my friggin marble floor this morning--all bizillion square feet of it. Whose brilliant idea was it to put black marble floors in houses with Newfoundlands? So that was my AM workout, I couldn't imagine doing whatever Cathe had scheduled for today, but will do her workout tonight. I cooked fish, and now my whole house stinks.-sick. I know never to cook fish, you always go out for fish or buy fish already cooked-otherwise? Phew.

Judy, hey Miss Hanky Panky Pants! Post your menus, by all means!.

Robin, do not feel too bad, I am the biggest computer dork out there, it took me two hours trying to figure out how to post an avatar!:7 :) Ok, peace out peeps--I am stealing all of Lainei's words!"Chica" being another favorite.... ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.