H*A*T*E Wed. 11.28.07

JT

Cathlete
Good Morning Haters.

How are you all doing? Thank GOD, it's Wed.. My boring work Christmas party is this weekend. It's supposed to snow tonight and this weekend. North of me, they're skiing already!! And, lately, I've been thinking about a guy I had a crush on while in Junior High in Detroit. He lives in the San Diego area now. We both moved the same year (me, north and him, southwest). He never knew about my crush, but that's Ok. I think all of this is from the fact I've been in touch lately with a lot of friends from my former school.
Is everyone started Christmas shopping yet? Morgan is done. Everyone else is getting cash, not gift cards. And, they seem to like it.

Have a Great Wednesday!

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/morgensmile.gif

I have to be quick this morning -- I have all kinds of people working here today. I must be the largest employer in my county -- LMAO!!! Never do for yourself what you can pay someone else to do for you -- that's my motto and the words I live by :p

Do y'all remember my sad little Christmas poem from last year -- the one about my DH and how he ruined our tree? Well, I need to get a new tree and I'm planning to do that today if possible. In keeping within the guidelines of my motto, I'll be paying a visit to my favorite florist ;) :D

I did my workout last night -- 4DS chest and back and a walking workout. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my strength had improved even though I had taken a week off from lifting weights http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/sport017.gif . I still have to watch out for that d@mn elbow, though x( , so I couldn't give it my all. Today is legs and core with another walking workout.

My eating has been pretty decent, too. I've been on an eggs in purgatory (eggs poached in tomato sauce) kick lately. My mom used to make this for dinner during lent when we were kids. I about fell over when I saw Giada de Laurentiis make it on her cooking show a couple of weeks ago. I never heard of anyone else outside of my own family making this dish so I googled it and by golly, it's pretty popular! Who knew!!? Y'all should try it sometime. I know it sounds weird, but it's simple to make and really delicious. You just put some of your favorite tomato sauce in a skillet (homemade or from a jar), bring it to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, break your eggs into it, then cover the pan and let them poach until done (I do mine for about 7 or 8 minutes because I like my yolks hard). Serve the eggs over toast with a little of the sauce spooned over them. Traditionally, you're supposed to sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese but I prefer them without it. This is great for breakfast or dinner :9 :9 :9

Jennifer - You really have been thinking a lot about guys from your past. I get that way sometimes, too -- not really guys so much as just old friends. I really don't keep in touch with anyone from high school anymore except for one woman that I exchange cards with at Christmas. I've only been to one class reunion and that was enough -- lol! I wasn't very close with anyone in school.

Christmas shopping -- YIKES!!! I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore :p . I have 7 nephews and a niece and we give them money. We stopped exchanging gifts with siblings a few years ago and that's made Christmas much more bearable. I really don't care for gift exchanges anyway. To me that's not what Christmas is supposed to be about. I'll get off my soapbox now :p

August, Dana, Robin, Jen, Diane, and all -What're ya'll up to?

I need to skedaddle for now but I'll BBL if I can.

Where oh where have the haters gone?
Oh where oh where can they be???
They're off doing cardio, they're no longer haters
They've ditched Michele, Jennifer and me.

Hello Haters.

Update: The guy I used to have a crush on back in the good old days is now a Catholic Priest in San Diego. He got his Ordination back in 2005.

Ok, an old clmassmate called, Steve, and we spoke for a few hours and that's what started it all. This other Steve. He's a good guy, cute, and a scientist.

Tonight, MM. Then, thur is low max-weather permitting, fr. is KM.

Hi! Very quick check-in for me, sorry I've been MIA. Been dealing with Chad being stressed & his doc changing times a bunch! So... now it's at 9:45 tomorrow but his friend is taking him & bringing him back b/c he has to go to St. Louis anyway and then I'm taking a half day off tomorrow & all day Friday so I can stay with him tomorrow afternoon/evening and then be there Fri to help out. That will be better anyway since I won't be any help tomorrow but can help him after surgery. So, I'm working until about noon then running downtown to do a few errands then will head to his place when he is back and probably stay there in case he needs anything during the night.

He was here tonight for about 3 hours & he is nervous, making me nervous too so I'm sure I won't sleep much tonight at all & I'm sure he won't either, hopefully we'll both sleep good tomorrow night & be able to sleep in Fri morning. He said he'd call as soon as he is alert enough to make a call. I told him can't wait to pick on him tomorrow when he can't "fight" back, LOL!

Okay, well I've got nothing done the last couple nights and my poor cats have been ignored b/c I've been stressed so now that Chad gave them love I need to play with them some then try to get a little sleep. I'll report back as soon as I can with an update on Chad, I should be able to drop by real quick before heading to his house tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry to be self absorbed but I know you all understand! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.