groovin' with the KETTLEBELLS =)

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Today was week 8 day 3 of ETK.... wasn't sure I was going to make it thru today, but I did. Those 50 swings get me every time!!:eek:

**warm up
2 cycles: wall squats/halos/pumps

**C&P and pull ups
25#kb
5 ladders/ 4 rungs/ 30 seconds rest
all pullups assisted
last ladder of pullups - wide pullups

**swings
35#kb
50 swings/ less than 20 seconds rest - usually did 15 seconds rest
8 minutes
5 complete cycles

**tabata
used my ropes
smile.gif
- mixed up the sequence for fun!

**comments
* hard to get going today. wondering if its because of yesterdays cardio.....?
* ladders were fine, swings were hard (again, could it be I see 50 and mentally set my self up?)
* last 2 cycles of swings I mixed it up - some 2 handed, some switched hands every 5 swings
*somewhere in the middle of my ladders I opened my blister again
mad.gif
mad.gif
and felt it. Didn't mind for the ladders but for the swings I was worried about it!...again wore gloves and a bandaid.
* will have a no kettlebell day tomorrow to let it heal.

Gayle::: Great job with the deadlifts!! there is a quote in ETK which I totally agree with: " your mind gives up before your body" I try and think about that and push myself. I'm sure you could have done the 21-15-9 deadlifts!!:) What did you end up doing yesterday?

Farmer::: Your DH made me mad too!:mad: You definately can get in shape working out at home. Probably more than the gym where its so social! I would take that as a personal challenge - you now need to prove him wrong!!;):p:D:D I know you will!

Andilynn::: hope you enjoyed your rest day! What's on tap for today?

Marcy::: great job as always with ETK!:) So, are you ordering STS cardio?

Jane::: Great mish mosh!! How'd it go?

Have a great Wednesday!!
....only 1.5 weeks till spring break!! and since Passover falls in the middle of spring break, we have 2 weeks off for spring break!!! Yippee!!! I am sooooo excited!!:):)

Good morning everybody!
Well today will be my first go at STS so I'm really excited ,I've been wanting to try them for awhile! I only wish I already had mt STS cardio! But it really seems like mixing things up week by week is starting to work, I lost a pound and feel great, it's really keeping me out of a rut. I really think my body adapts very quickly to a workout style and this may just be the ticket!

Deanie- sorry about your blister, it sounds painful maybe the rest day will speed up the healing!

Waves to Gayle, Farmer, Marcy, Jane , Vilma and anybody who stops by!:)

Last edited:
I love you guys

Thanks for the positive comments. You made me feel much better. My granny always said, " You can show someone better than you can tell them." It is time for me to show and prove.

I did 300 swings yesterday afternoon. This morning I did 1-8 of Providence and a segment of Classical Stretch. I ate really well yesterday and I was so proud of myself. I have sworn off desserts for two weeks (that is a long time for me).

Deanie- Did you put some Neosporin on your blister? I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv :). Good job on making it through your workout this morning.

You get two whole weeks for break? We only had a week and it flew by.

Andilynn- Hope you enjoy your STS workout.

Hi everyone else. Hope you have a sweaty good day.

What states do you live in? I live in TX but I am a Floridian by birth.

Good Afternoon!

I skipped Day 3 of Week 7, ETK. I just thought it was overkill to do C&Ps 3 days in a row. I'll do Day 3 tomorrow but will probably skip the last day of Week 7. I did the lower body/abs premix of Squeeze Stronger today for the first time. I have a little bit of DOMs but things might get worse tomorrow. I felt worse after Squeeze Lower Body Challenge. The abs felt very effectivce. She used the Squeeze Stick (but I used just used a curtain rod which worked fine). Some of the exercises were sitting with feet out in front of you holding the stick out in front of you lowering down and pulsing. She lowers down 3x with the pulsing. She did a rowing motion with the stick. Then she did a move where you have one leg with the knee bent on top of the other leg which is straight and she has you lift the bottom straight leg up. She did this for what seemed like an eternity and said you would definitely feel it in your lower abs (which I did). Then she did some bicycles.

For the legs, there were V plies, sissy squat plies, knee dancing, seat work (pretzel/clam combo - KILLER! 5:30 minutes on each side) and back dancing (glute/bridge work with pulsing).

Then I did the warmup, blasts 1 and 2 of the Step Challenge and the C/D and Stretch from Step Blast. It's been awhile since I pulled that one out. It was fun.

Deanie - Great workout! Yes, the 50 swings are really tough! Good work on inserting the wide pullups! Yes, I'm ordering STS cardio. It seems like too good a deal to pass up. I don't know if I'll like all of them, but I'm sure they will be tradeable if I don't. Sorry about your blister:(

Andilynn - So, how did you like STS?

Farmer - Good job on the swings and swearing off the desserts for two weeks! I don't think I could do either! I live in GA but am a NYer by birth.

Waves to Jane, Gayle, Vilma and all who follow!

Marcy

Hi Everyone!

That workout last night was pure horror!! :confused: In a good way!! LOL!! I guess I don't have anyone to blame but myself. It was really, really tough. I did not do 1 minute of the jingle jangles. We cut it down to 40 secs of work/20 secs of rest. By the 3rd one, my sister and I were barely walking.

Tonight is a 3 mile run.

Deanie ~ sorry to hear about the blister again. Sounds like you need to take a rest from the kbs until it heals.

Andilynn ~ enjoy STS. I did the first 2 discs but haven't had time right now to go back to it. I believe the first disc has LOTS of push ups. Congratulations on the weight loss!

Farmer ~ Way to go on the 300 swings and good eatin'!! I always feel better when I eat healthy. You really get the most from your workouts when you eat healthy.

I am originally from Illinois but now I live in South Georgia. I live close enough to Florida that I actually work there.

I broke down and ordered STS Cardio today.

Waves hello to Gayle!

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon

I live in Maryland (right outside of DC) but I am originally a Jersey Girl!

Andilynn:::How was STS????

Farmer::: great workout yesterday and today! I have been putting neosporin on my blister, and its helped, but then when I start with the kettlebell again it gets pulled apart. I am hoping the 2 days of no kettlebell work will help. Yes, we get 2 weeks for Spring Break. Passover starts on the 8th and it lasts 8 days, so the public schools go back on the 14th, but we have the rest of the week off for the holiday (I work in a Jewish Preschool)

Marcy::: I agree, 3 days of C&P is overkill! I just skipped that round in providence. I would like to get the new diva workout from AOS, but I just ordered the STS cardio!! maybe when I finish ETK/ROP as a present to myself (but then the price will be more!) ugh! decisions, decisions!!

Jane::: glad you enjoyed the workout you made up! jingle jangles do look hard!!:eek: Enjoy your run today!

Last edited:
Deanie - I'm sure by the time you're ready to order the Diva Workout, he'll have another "Deal Day".

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.