Grad School Gauntlet - Week of 8/11 Check-In

Okay, I'll try out making this a weekly check-in. Maybe when we get more people we can make it daily? Lemme know.

So, I injured my knee a day or two ago so I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to workout. When I do though, I'm thinking about doing the 4DS monthly rotation since I just got 4DS and I want to see how well it works. I'm having a really hard time in this current weight range. Sometimes, I don't care at all about my weight but the way I look and feel but come on, when you step onto that scale and it literally sticks its tongue out at you, you can feel a little depressed.

How busy this week is solely dependent on whether my boss is actually coming back from out of the country. He's terrible about letting his students and postdocs know where and when he leaves and for how long. When he's away, its not that most of slack to much (though admittedly I have), but we feel a little freer about our schedules which is nice.

But up for this week..

1. try and check if my backup stocks don't have contaminations
  2. plan and do my in vitro experiments
  3. check up on the ALS projects
  4. review papers and organize my notes
  5. start trying to make the knockouts of my one mutant if #1 pans out.
That doesn't sound like a lot but it is! Waiting to here how the rest of your are coping in grad school (and details please! I always feel like I blab too much). ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.