Getting Out of the Rut - Wednesday

FabAbs

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Today is a pretty good day, so far I have done Slow & Heavy Triceps & Biceps. This seems to be my go to DVD when I'm in a rut or not sure of what I want to do, then I did 3 miles on the treadmill.

Later on I'm going to do the ab section from Jackie Warner's One on One.

Have a great day.

...Cheryl

Someone please just come to my house and kick me in the a--!!!! Here I am killing myself doing these Insanity workouts then I go and screw up on the eating!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Good news I am still not eating junk, but am eating way, way too much!

Really, I am going to bed at 6 pm tonight or at least locking myself in my room at that time!!!!!!

Morning ladies!

FabAbs- I don't know why, but Slow and Heavy Triceps & Biceps being your go to dvd cracked me up. It's like your'e speaking a language that I don't quite understand!

Today I am planning to do one of the Jari Love workouts (probably Slim and Lean). I didn't like it when I tried it before but I would like to give it another shot and see if it seems any better since I have been Cathe lifting for a while.

My husband and I are going on a two week vacation in March and I am trying so hard to lose a few more pounds before then. All of the clothes that I would like to take are just the tiniest bit too small... but well within my reach in the next 20ish days. If they were impossibly tight then they would not be inspiring me to work out every day, but I am so close that they are a great motivation. Plus the knowledge that if these clothes don't fit, I don't have anything suitable to take.

OK, off to tackle Jari.

I hope you all have a great workout today!

Hi everyone! Today I decided to really kick it up a notch and attempt IMAX2, which I haven't done in a really long time. It was always a favorite when I was feeling stressed, and I'm sure feeling stressed lately! I am happy to report that I finished it. But I had to take a bunch of breaks in the middle to catch my breath. Still, I am proud of myself.

Cheryl, I always loved Slow & Heavy. Unfortunately, whenever I do a S&H rotation I end up eating like crazy and gaining a few pounds.

Linda, I know exactly what you mean. I know that I am eating more than I should, but I seem powerless to stop! Hope you're able to find the answer soon.

Sammy, where are you going on your vacation? Have fun!!

Sign me up for a kick in the pants too! I have not been good on my eating for the last 2 1/2 days. Mainly too many snacks. Ugh! I worked longer than planned yesterday and didn't have time to work out and today is another long day and I don't know if I will want to work out by the time I get home. This is my last week of Meso 1 and I haven't even started it yet.

I really feel myself slipping back into my old pattern. I do well for about 6 weeks or so, get tired and stressed out and then take a 6 month break. I don't want to do that anymore! I constantly take 1 step forward and 4 steps back. I am really starting to doubt my ability to achieve any of my fitness/weight loss goals. Anyone have any words of wisdom to keep me moving?

Linda, don't beat yourself up. Sometimes your body just wants more. Whenever I try to really control my eating I just end up sneaking food and like trying to justify my actions to my own self. ~shakes head~

Problem is I don't want more, I am not even hungry. I am eating emotionally and it sucks!

Sign me up for a kick in the pants too! I have not been good on my eating for the last 2 1/2 days. Mainly too many snacks. Ugh! I worked longer than planned yesterday and didn't have time to work out and today is another long day and I don't know if I will want to work out by the time I get home. This is my last week of Meso 1 and I haven't even started it yet.

I really feel myself slipping back into my old pattern. I do well for about 6 weeks or so, get tired and stressed out and then take a 6 month break. I don't want to do that anymore! I constantly take 1 step forward and 4 steps back. I am really starting to doubt my ability to achieve any of my fitness/weight loss goals. Anyone have any words of wisdom to keep me moving?

Wish I had great words of wisdom for you, but I don't. I just know I workout first thing in the morning because I know if I left it for later I would never do it.

Linda, I know exactly what you mean. I know that I am eating more than I should, but I seem powerless to stop! Hope you're able to find the answer soon.

Jodi - Great job on IMAX 2! I will be interested to see what I think of those workouts after Insanity. If by chance you find the answer on the eating before me, please do share!:p

Me, me... let me do it! That would sort of be like another workout, wouldn't it?

I think it would count as kickboxing!:p:p And congrats to being so close to wearing the clothes!!!!

I worried all day about the workout for today on Cathe's rotation -MMA Fusion plus circuit blast cardio premix. I needn't have. It turned out to be easier than I expected. My diet is still pretty much in the toilet though. I do great till I get home and workout. After that, I'm in the kitchen, shoving anything sweet I can find in my mouth. I.have.to.stop.this.craziness!

I apologize, but no time for personals today. We have a meeting at church this evening and have to get some dinner first. Taa.

Linda- I am so sorry that I have not been able to come over and kick your a-- as promised, but the truth is that I've been having to kick my own a-- all day. It has taken all day to make myself workout and... wait for it... I had pizza for lunch.

The Jari Love workout was sooo much easier than I remember. Before, I was working with the "modify-girl" in the back but today I was using Jari's weights and will probably go heavier next time.

I know that when I am having problems controlling my eating I try to just control one thing instead of everything. Like, for instance, when I gave up sugar three years ago, I only worried about that. I didn't even think about anything else as long as it didn't have sugar. When that became second nature I picked something else. I just can't think about everything at the same time.

See you all tomorrow.

Linda- I am so sorry that I have not been able to come over and kick your a-- as promised, but the truth is that I've been having to kick my own a-- all day. It has taken all day to make myself workout and... wait for it... I had pizza for lunch.

The Jari Love workout was sooo much easier than I remember. Before, I was working with the "modify-girl" in the back but today I was using Jari's weights and will probably go heavier next time.

I know that when I am having problems controlling my eating I try to just control one thing instead of everything. Like, for instance, when I gave up sugar three years ago, I only worried about that. I didn't even think about anything else as long as it didn't have sugar. When that became second nature I picked something else. I just can't think about everything at the same time.

See you all tomorrow.

Great job making progress on the Jari workout! That's how I am approaching the eating change and the same advice I gave someone earlier tonight. I tackled sugar first and am doing well there, just if could now stop eating emotionally!:confused::confused:

Oy, sorry, I've been doing that forever. Lately it's been cold and really slow at work so I just sit and find things to eat. Even when I try to check myself I might give up the search for something to eat but the next time I'm eating just because.

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure out whey my credit card machine will not process thru the internet and they just tell me the problem is on my end. So I spend time checking everything that could be wrong and don't change a thing and then it works. It's frustrating but at least it made me miss dinner. Now I just need to make myself workout but it's after 9:00 p.m. and I'm lazy.

Oh I do that so often, avoid eating something only to cave an hour later! I could not workout after 9pm, by then all I want to do is sleep!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.