Getting out of the rut - Tuesday

jodijodi

Cathlete
Hi Everyone! I'm surprised to see there isn't a thread yet, so I'll start one. Hopefully I didn't just miss one that was there.

I haven't worked out yet today, probably this afternoon, but I did get in a workout yesterday, I just didn't have a chance to post it. I did the step section from Body Max 2, plus the bonus cardio where she does all three completed combos twice. I think it was about 40-45 minutes, but it really got my heartrate up.

Welcome Dixiedog6!

Wendy, I've been doing Karen Voight's Yogasculpt, and I like it (though truthfully I find her boobs distracting, especially when she says to expand your chest, LOL :eek:). I may try looking for other yoga dvds. I tried Brian Kest and I didn't like him.

Linda, sorry about your frustration. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's so hard to get back into the groove.

Robin, LOL about Aunt Flo having a cousin.

Cheryl, I don't think I could workout for 3 hours, especially on an empty stomach! Wow!

Lisa, I've heard a number of people say they love their GWF. Makes me tempted....

ImFiddy, congrats on your tennis match. This weather is driving me nuts. Yesterday I thought that spring had sprung, and today.....grr, I am annoyed at that groundhog!

I'll be back later after today's workout! Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning everyone!

I did Low Max this morning. I have been doing lots of high impact stuff lately and my hips were really getting stiff and sore so I figured I should lay off the jumping. It's so funny because everytime I start that workout I always regret it for the first 15 minutes because it seems so easy but everytime I am a dripping mess by the end. Those intensity blasts really do the trick!!

I am moving so little at work that I will probably sneak in a short (30 min) workout when I get home. I just got a Kelly Coffee Meyers Step Kickboxing DVD yesterday so I might pop that in and try to learn the moves. I am hoping it's a great workout.

I'll tell you all later how it went. Have a great day everyone!

Hello Ladies,

Feeling great today. Followed my rotation with Hiit 30/30 and Ab circuits Pilates based. I'm with you Robin, it was one tad easier this time. I was still a dripping mess at the end though.

I know that most of you are stuck inside for months on end because of the cold and snow but soon enough I will be the one stuck inside for months due to the excruciating heat, so to take advantage of this amazing weather I went for a 5 mile brisk walk with my neighbor.

After months in a food rut I am counting calories out of it. In my brain I decided to do nothing other than start counting, no changes - just pay attention. Funny how I tricked myself into not having dessert. I started on Sat and am down 5lbs. I don't even care how much is water. I'm happy. I am so fortunate also to have a huge motivation...24 days til the RT.

Sammy123- Today is a new day. What's on tap?

Dixiedogs6- ME makes my legs hurt just thinking about it!:p And Imax2...I love pina cololadas!

ImFiddy- I know what you mean about meso 1. I started and got to week 3 then had an unexpected surgery/biopsy which had me out of sorts for a week then a sinus infection. That combo catapulted me into "the rut." So I just started meso1 all over and really looking forward to 2.

Cheryl- Wow! what a workout! I would have certainly talked myself into some pancakes after the lab!

Robin- What trip is this? Is it Jimmy? LOL, aunt flo's cousin.

Linda- Thank you for your honest vent. Like Robin, I too could have written your post a 1000x's. You're not the only one. I think your b'day is a great motivation.

Lisa- I so want a GWF I just don't want to wear it. I wouldn't like the attention. Sounds silly, I know.:eek: If they made something that no one would see I would have it in a second.
LoMax...slam it! ouch!;)

Hi Rutters,

Rest yesterday for me. I also did Lowmax this morning. And got in bis this afternoon.
BBL...

Hi!!!

Well after yesterday I took it kind of easy. Today I did Shoulders and Arms from P90X I was also supposed to do Ab Ripper X but I decided to pass on it I'll probably add it on tomorrow.

Yeah yesterday was kind of rough as my appointment wasn't until noon which meant I got my blood drawn at about 12:45 and by that time I was about to die of starvation.

However, on the upside (ha ha), I turn 50 in May so on June 4, I am going to have a colonscopy which means no eating for 1 day. Oh the joys of turning 50!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl

I'm all done with MMA Boxing. Only 3 more workouts till vacation.

Cheryl, early happy birthday. Oh yes, colonoscopys are so much fun.

Jodi, what workout did you do. You seem to be climbing out of the rut nicely.

Lisa, I'm always surprised by Low Max. It starts out so nice and ends so hard!

Wendy, high fives on the 5 pounds down. We are going kayaking and camping on the Baja Peninsula/Sea of Cortez in Mexico.

Melissa, another Low Maxer? You and Lisa must be in cahoots.

I better get out of these sweaty togs. Getting chilled.

You guys are all doing great!! Your workouts are killing me!

Me? Not so much...
I didn't do a workout Sunday or Monday. I sort of crashed or something. It's like I was so achy and bone tired I just couldn't fight through it. I think I needed to not do anything.

Today I did the very first Jari Love- "Get Ripped". Even lifting Jari's weights, it was way to easy and I will probably never do it again. I feel better that I did something at least.

Tomorrow will be better hopefully.

Didn't get a workout in today; too much craziness. I will try to get one in tomorrow EARLY, since I know the afternoon will be nuts. Maybe I'll do LowMax! :D

Happy Wednesday, we are half way to the weekend! I am following the MArch rotation and today is Musce Max.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.