Getting Out of the Rut - Thursday

FabAbs

Cathlete
Good Morning!!

Today was abs day, so I did Cathe's Core Max segments 1 & 3 and then 3 miles on the treadmill.

Eating has been good only because of Lent. Today is my daughter's 20th Birthday so it will be hard to resist carrot cake but I will.

The reason I say Slow & Heavy is my go to DVD when I'm in a rut or don't know what to do is because it doesn't take much thinking on my part, I just do it.

Have a great day!!
Cheryl

Morning!!

Cardio day for me. I hope to get it done early so I don't have to dread it all day.

I previewed a new workout last night- Exhale: Core Fusion Body Sculpt. Anybody ever try it? I guess I'm leaning toward a barre workout rotation for a while and then I'll be back to Cathe because I love weights.

Cheryl- It's just that you're so far ahead of me. My "not thinking" workout is probably a walk. For example, today you did two Core Max segments which is unbelievable to me!

I'll check in later. Carry on everybody!!

Wow, Cheryl that's a great workout. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Eat the cake !!!!

I think I have a tape worm :) , I just keep looking for something to chew on. I'm gonna have to make some air popped popcorn. That stuff is so dry and tasteless that maybe it will stop the grazing.

The scale said I'm down another 1/2#, amazing because yesterday it said I was up in weight. So tomorrow it will probably say I gained again. I now have 4# more to lose of my winter weight gain before I start working on my 20# for this year.

I've done no workout yet today. My daily schedule is to do cardio coach and then part of an STS workout. I need to recalculate my zone heart rates for cardio because I wear out and cannot make it thru all the challanges.

I so want the spring to come, I just do not function well in the cold !

Happy Thursday everyone,
Carolyn

Well, I finally did it! I ate clean AND ate in a calorie deficit. Now if I can only do that about 59 more times I will be good to go!

This morning was Insanity Cardio Recovery. Ahhhhh!

Good Morning....

Just finished STS disc 2, back/tris. Then I had this cRaZy idea to move all the equipment around in my gym. oh my, what was I thinking!?! That was a second work out!!:eek:

Sorry I missed out yesterday. Wasn't feeling good. I think me & the kids just keep passing around sickness. Still don't feel great today but I really want to stay on track with my work out.

Who was doing CC? I am interested in trying it out. Not sure which one to start with. I want to start running when the kids are in school. I've been walking 5 miles a few times a week pushing a stroller. Looking forward to stepping it up. Any recommendations would be great.

Hope Thursday is great to all of you!

Alrighty, I'm finished for the day. Cardio done.

Carolyn- Sometimes I will pop a bag of that 100 calorie microwave popcorn if I get the night munches. I actually burn it just a little bit on purpose just so it will taste like something. How ridiculous is that? And my scale is doing that bad thing too.

Linda- It's the beginning of an eating-great roll! The first day of a 60 day streak!

Last edited:
Good afternoon girls,

Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I got real busy with work (I work PT from home) and didn't get a chance to work out. Today was going the same way but I did go up this afternoon and did S&H Back. I haven't done cardio the past couple of days hoping my achilles would start feeling better. I was on a roll and cardio is how I burn the most calories so I'm kinda bummed about it. I usually jog on the treadmill (iTread workouts) or do step for my cardio.

Carolyn-I'm with you, I can not wait for spring. We were teased by a nice weekend last weekend and now it's back to freezing temps and windy. :(

Hey folks of the rut.

Today was tris and bis, I'm doing fitnessfreaks Dec '08 rotation, I loved that one. Yesterday was KPC.

Wendy, I mentioned doing a few CCs last week. All of them are great. I think 5, 7, 8 are my favs. You really can't go wrong with any of them. If you do a search, there are a ton of posts about which are favorites. That's how I got started. But I warn you, once you have 1, before you know it they all seem to appear in your Ipod :eek: You can listen to clips on his website.

Enjoy the day everyone..

Hi Ladies of the Rut. I'm all done with STS legs. Hard to believe month two of the SC/STS rotation is almost done! And it will finish up perfectly, with the rest week falling on my week of vacation.

Cheryl, hey, if it takes Lent to get you out of the rut, so be it. Too bad we Baptists don't do Lent.

Carolyn, I'm going to tell you what everyone tells me. Don't weigh yourself every day. But, yeah, I weigh myself every day.

Linda!!! Way to go!!! Now if only I could get my act together. It didn't help that I bought a butt load of kisses at the surplus grocery store today. They were candy cane kisses. I bought a bag at Christmas time and they were so good! Then I couldn't find them again. Well, they showed up at a discount. What could I do?

Wendy, if you want CC recommendations, contact Michele (Ms Lee) She is the CC Queen. I have a few, but I only use them when I use my stationary bike, which I hate.

Hi Sammy. What did you do for your cardio?

Debbie, what do you do PT from home. If I worked from home, I'd be enormous. I'd also be fired for not working. I'd probably fritter away my time doing household chores.

Melissa, do you use CC to run? I tried running with one once and it about killed me. I'm too much of a plodder.

It's snowing and blowing here, although it isn't as bad as they predicted. We may get a lot of snow tonight though. I'm NOT going to worry about tomorrow's commute until I have to. (I am quite a worry wart. I wish it was an Olympic sport - I'd win the gold!)

Hi everyone! Checking in late today, but in a way that's a good thing. Today was the first afternoon that I haven't had to shuttle kids around to various things, so I was able to work out in the afternoon, which I prefer. Had a great workout, HIS cardio followed by Ab Circuits Pilates, then finished with the HIS stretch. Very nice. It may be my imagination, or maybe just because I'm still proud of myself for getting through IMAX2 yesterday, but I thought I looked more toned today. Starting to see some of the muscle definition I used to have in my arms again. Yay!

Eating has been pretty good, at least for me :p. Not too much snacking.

Cheryl, glad your eating has been good. If it takes Lent to get it done, so be it!

Sammy, let us know how the new workout is. I'm always interested in hearing about new stuff.

Carolyn, I know what you mean about the snacking. There are many days when I feel like that too! And I also agree about the cold weather. I can't wait for spring!

Linda, WTG on your eating. Hopefully you can get into a groove and keep it up.

Wendy, sorry to hear that you and the kids have been sick. My kids have been passing stuff around too, and miraculously (knock on wood), I haven't gotten it. Hope you are all healthy again soon!!

Debbie, wasn't that weather a tease? I got all excited thinking spring was here, and now we're back to the cold. Brrrr. and Grrrr.

Hi Melissa!

Robin, hope you're not snowed in too badly! Or if you are, hope you stay warm and cozy and don't have to do any driving in it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.