Getting out of the rut - Thursday...

Worknprogress

Cathlete
Good morning all! Didn't get a chance to check back in last night and see how everyone did. DH is out of town and getting the boys back on schedule after all their snow days has been a bit of a task.

Doing some light housework this morning and then I think I will do either Muscle Endurance or a Circuit workout. Because I've been so dormant, I have no idea where my strength level lies right now.

Kathryn - I didn't realize that anyone else became reclusive when they are on the downslide. That's how I have been this winter. Just so blah that I haven't wanted to go anywhere. Of course, I think it's a vicious cycle because if I did get out and about more, I think I would feel better. And even though I've only put on about 5 pounds - I don't want anyone to see me. Anybody else like that?

Linda - Insanity is insane but I loved it when I did some of the workouts. I am not a dancy cardio person so I love all his plain and simple yet extraordinarly tough drills. He really gets the job done. Also, I really hear ya' about being impatient. Putting it on is oh so very easy yet taking it off is oh so very difficult!

Cheryl - I am going to do the same with this Lent season. I've gotten got away from my faith and looking to it for inner strength so I decided that I need to connect again and that Lent would be the perfect time to get back on track not only physically with exercise but taking care of myself emotionally and mentally as well. Yes, I am challenging myself to give up a few things but I decided to add some positive things as well. Things I have wanted to do but haven't because I just stay in my comfort zone even though I'm not so happy.

Back for more later hopefully. Have a good day everyone!

Good Morning! So far the day has started off pretty well. I am still sore in my chest and triceps from Tuesday and today I am supposed to do legs...yikes! I have done much better on my eating habits the last couple of days so I am hoping when I weigh in this weekend the results will show up on the scale.

I also feel pretty blah during the winter. My husband and I stay home a lot and don't really go out and do much. This have been especially crazy for us the past few months because we are in the process of adopting. We have had to do so many things to the house to get our certification, it has been a lot of hard work. Then with the stress of my job on top of that it has just been down right nuts! It becomes really hard to focus on my workouts and a few months ago, even doing them. I know I put added pressure on myself when I can't squeeze in a workout.

I look forward to checking in with all you each day. The accountability factor definitely seems to be helping. So thanks to you all for that!
Sallie

Workout done for today! I did the step from SJP, plus the challenge from SB. Thinking about checking in here is definitely helping! I am motivated to get the workout done so I can post it. My eating...well, yesterday started out fine, and dinner was healthy, but I did a lot of snacking in the late afternoon and evening. Today is going fine so far.

Debbie, good luck to you on the changes you are making. Taking care of yourself emotionally and mentally are also so important.

Sallie, good luck with the adoption process. So sorry to hear about all of the stress. Hope it all comes together soon.

Carolyn, don't be too hard on yourself about how many calories you're burning during the workouts. 2 challenges of a CC and a body part of STS is hard work! Especially after all that tennis! I know if it were me, I would consider the tennis my workout and be done for the day.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

My day is so booked up that I don't really know where I'm going to fit in a workout today. I think that by committing to it here I will be more likely to squeeze something in somewhere. I had planned to give the Slim and Lean workout by Jari Love another try, so, if not that, something similar. I'll check in later.

Hope everybody has a great day!

My workout is done for the day. I did Tracey Staehle's Core Strength and Conditioning and 3 miles on the treadmill.

I'm thinking about doing Cathe's Stretch Max with the resistance band later on since it's only 20 minutes I'll have the time.

I love these check-ins because it holds me accountable.

...Cheryl

I must confess, I didn't do so great for lunch today. I had some fast food. However, I didn't get my snack as I normally do this morning because of things at work, so I hope I didn't hurt myself too badly, but I was STARVING HUNGRY!! I did limit my french fry intake. I also have to admit it tasted really good! I also promise to eat a healthy dinner so I can salvage the day.

I think my stres levels are why I'm not losing weight. I am doing all this work and not seeing results in the end. I try so hard to keep my stress in check but it has been next to impossible lately with work. Well back to the grind!

Good Morning all...

I also agree, these check ins make me want to "show-up." This is my first one so it's all new to me and so far I am eager to post something everyday.

I am a morning person so if I don't get it done then it won't happen. I felt great today so I did Athletic Step for the first time. Fun, fun, fun. Still had some energy so I popped-in MMA-Kickbox and did everything but the warm up. Nice variety, great sweat..success.

Now, the eating...it's like someone else lives in my body. I had dessert after every meal yesterday. :eek: My diet is pretty darn clean/healthy but I tend to finish what my kids don't eat and then I have that crazy sweet tooth. I also struggle with the all-or-nothing attitude...I'm either counting every itty calorie or eating anything in site. Can't seem to find the balance. I want to loose about 10lbs. I know I can do it, I just don't know how to stay there.

I love reading all of your posts. Keep them coming.

My quote for today... "You only have control over 3 things in your life..
the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take."
-Jack Canfield (Author of Chicken Soup for the Soul)

My 2nd workout in 2 days is done!! I did the "up" on PUB. Almost didn't though since I was short on time but this check-in made me do something and that's a good thing!

Sallie congratulations on your decision to adopt! I know someone who went through the process and there is a lot! But it's all good in the end.

Got some unfortunate news about my son's best friend so I am off to the hospital once my daughter gets home to watch my little boys.

Hope you all have a good day!

Okay eating went well yesterday that makes six days! And while I say well I am not talking super clean, just right portions, eating only when hungry and not over eating. And I actually felt kind thin this morning while working out, it seemed my shirt was hanging a bit looser. Don't know if that is real or imagined but sure did feel good at the time!:D Then of course I had to go take a shower and once undressed felt completely fat again!:mad: Oh well, one day at a time.

Today was Insanity Cardio Recovery. No cardio but some intense bodyweight leg work! Next week I may add some upper body weight work on this day.

I spent 4 hours in the car driving to Jersey City for a wedding. Found a gym and got in CC7 on the elliptical.

Yesterday I was so busy packing up the family I didn't get a chance to post. But I did get in Upper Pyramids.

Everyone is doing well getting in thoses workouts....and Wendy does 2!!

Have a great night. The bride is having a party tonight. There goes the eating.....:confused:

Hi all. I just got done with MMA:Boxing. I really like that workout. The eating has been good today too, mostly because of this check-in, because I'm starving. I'm going to go get a protein shake, then decide what leftovers I'm having for dinner. One nice thing about cooking for 2, but making meals for 4 is you get lots of lunches and a couple ready made dinners. I'll try to get back later for some personals.

Hi All!

I did pretty well today despite feeling a little down. I did Disc 8 of Meso 1, back & triceps. I ate well today although every meal ended up being a breakfast food. Lol!
Yesterday I didn't post but I did get in a workout, I did Step Blast. That wore me out!! I love that workout because it's so fun but by the end I am struggling to keep myself upright.

I'm a little down today because I'm having issues with my 18 yr DD. She is a senior, will be graduating in May and is engaged to be married in July. My problem with her (and her fiance) is that they aren't doing anything to be successful once they leave their parents homes. My dd is skipping classes, not working and just generally being lazy. It's so frustrating!! I know it's normal teen stuff but it just gets exhausting. Of course I am not thrilled that she wants to get married in the first place but I keep telling myself that I could be dealing with so much worse. I'm just ready to be done struggling with her! I love her to pieces but I am wore down from 5 yrs of almost constant struggle.

Thank goodness I am able to work out and get rid of some of that negative energy! I am so glad to have this board to keep me accountable to do it. I was dragging so much earlier that I would have skipped but I wanted to post an accomplishment with something today!!

Have a great evening!

I'm back and well fed - salad and chicken chili again.

Lisa, I love breakfast food! I'm sorry about your troubles with your DD. I don't get this generation. I could tell you stories about my 22 year old DD that would curl your hair (if it's straight - it would straighten it if it is curly) It seems like she takes one step forward, then two steps back. Good luck to you and your DD!

Melissa, wow, I'm impressed. Finding a gym to workout would not be my idea of fun after a 4 hour drive. Use portion control at the bride's party tomorrow and enjoy a little bit of everything.

Linda, don't you love those days when your feel skinnier? I was amazed to see the scale move down a tad after just one day of good eating. I must not have had as much chocolate as I thought!

Workn, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend. How old are your boys? And how many of them are there?

Wendy, I could have written your post about food. I'm all or nothing and can't manage to stay at my goal when I reach it.

Sallie, good luck with your adoption plans. Do you already have a child "lined up", or are you waiting? An infant? If I'm too nosy, just ignore me.

Cheryl, nice workout. Do you run outside too? I just got back into running last summer, but have given it up for the winter. As soon as we get some warmer weather, I hope to get back on the road.

Sammy, did you squeeze something in? When I was younger and a little more OCD about my workouts, I would get up an hour early to exercise on those days that didn't seem to have enough hours.

Jodi, I agree that knowing I'm going to check in here later helps keep me on the straight and narrow. I've done pretty good with me eating today as a result.

Carolyn, how do you figure out how many calories you are burning when playing tennis or lifting? We've been having pretty cold weather here in PA too. What a screwy winter this has been.

I think I'm caught up now. Time to veg out in front of the TV for a bit before heading upstairs to read. Night all.

k, I'm done with exercising for the day. I took a cheap tennis ball machine I bought used out today for the 1st time. I hit balls for about an hour, great exercise.

Robin - I wear the GWF device and reset the trip function on the watch to see how many calories I burn during an activity.

What I tried to do today was reset the trip function on the GWF watch when I woke up and then tried to keep my avg. calorie burn at 2 per minute. I sit all day and I will burn just 1 cal. a minute.

I did Cardio Coach vol 4 but still only got thru challenge 2. I then did STS meso 2 just the shoulders & tri's.

I was bad today in eating, had some dominos pizza. We got the 2 pizza special and I was getting out of the car and the top box went sliding and my husband's pizza flew out of the box and of tipped over and went splat on the concrete ! I was so upset.

Lisa - hang in there. The hardest thing to do with children is to let them make their own mistakes and try to step back from their lifes. I totally agree with you that getting married this young is a very bad idea. Hopefully she will graduate and start her own life and not try to later move back home with 3 kids for you to support ! My niece did that.

Wow! If ya'll are the "stuck in a rut" group, I'm sure glad that I didn't sign up with the tough crowd! What's with all the overcoming obstacles and doing multiple workouts and stuff? I hope that I can keep up!!

Today I really thought I couldn't fit a workout in as I knew I would be in and out all day. I decided to do my old reliable Muscle Max so that I wouldn't have to be recalculating weights and such. I put it on and then every time I was home for 10- 15 minutes I would pick up where I left off and knock off a couple of body parts. Not ideal, I know, but it's 10:15 p.m. and I just finished the whole workout. I started around 10:00 a.m., so that was like a 12 hour workout, right?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.