Getting Out of the Rut - Sunday

FabAbs

Cathlete
Hi!!!

Yesterday was another off day, SO today I decided to start the P90X Lean Program and today was Core Synergestics and 3 miles on the treadmill.

I am a P90X flunkee, 2x's I started the Classic Rotation and I did good the first 3 weeks but dropped out after that. This time I will complete it (I hope).

Have a great day!!!
Cheryl

Good morning! I did Karen Voight's YogaSculpt again this morning. I thought that after yesterday's cardio fest I should go a little easier on myself today. But as usual, I found the workout harder than I expected. I'm sure I'll get better at it as I keep doing it.

Cheryl, good luck with P90x! I've never done it, though I've been curious. I always have trouble with set programs or rotations. I do it for a few weeks, then I want to do my own thing. I did manage to get through STS once, but by the end I was pretty sick of it.

Have a great day!!

My goodness ya'll are energetic for a Sunday morning! It's after one o'clock here and I'm still on the coffee part of the day.

Hopefully I'll get going soon though and I plan to do the Physique 57 Classic today. Yesterday I did MM arms which are going to be my P57 arm replacement.

Carolyn- Please don't make us slap you... tennis will be more fun when the weather gets pretty!

Mornin' -

Well, I managed to salvage my week in workouts! I'm doing the STS/SC rotation. (I need a rotation) I feel like I'm getting sick, AGAIN. But not enough to keep me down. :D

Today was MMA:Boxing with my 6yo DD. I actually enjoyed having her there with me. She was flaling twice as much as me and didn't even break a sweat. And she promised that when I'm a grandma I could come to a Kayleigh Road Trip.;)

My goal for today is to count calories... so far breakfast alone was about 600! I might have to sleep for the rest of the day!!

Cheryl- Good luck with P90x. Just like Jodi I've never tried it but am curious.

Hi Rutettes! Today is my rest day. We went to church, I did some housework and I'm thinking of reading till dinnertime. Reading is one of my passions. I'm the type of person who starts something great guns, then gets bored and quits. Exercise and reading are two of the things that have remained constants through out most of my life.

Cheryl, good luck with your rotation. I don't have P90X, but know some folks who got good results. I was never able to finish a rotation until I did CLX last year. I'm doing really well with Cathe's STS/SC rotation too.

Jodi, I'm always surprised at how hard yoga can be. I guess it takes more strength then an end of workout stretch.

Carolyn, sorry you feel so bad. Especially since you are still winning your matches! I'm not going to smack you, but if you turn around, I'll give you a gentle kick in the rear.

Wendy, I sure hope you're not getting sick again! LOL at the Kayleigh RT!

Have a nice rest of the day all! I'm going to go call my sister for a little chat.

Buffettgirl! Is that you? You're a "Sucess Story" on Cathe's home page!! I know that you already know this, but I just saw it. Good for you!

Buffettgirl! Is that you? You're a "Sucess Story" on Cathe's home page!! I know that you already know this, but I just saw it. Good for you!

How cool! Thanks for mentioning it sammy, because I hadn't seen it! Yay Robin!!! We all love you!!!

Cheryl - Good luck with P90x, it looks to be a tough program

Sammy123 - Let me know how you like Physique 57. I have the 30 min. Dvd but the instructor just annoys the crap out of me. I cannot even do the full 30 min.

wgilchrist - Too cool to do boxing with your young'un, I hope you don't get sick

jodijodi - I hate yoga, ewww, I'm impressed with people that can actually do it. I need to get back doing Tai Chi, it's calming like yoga but no ewwwww.

Hi Rut gals,

Cardio Fusion and more scraping the basement. Fun huh?

I can't wait to read Robins success story!! Very cool.

Carolyn, you must rock at tennis. That's a huge workout.

Cheryl, good luck with P90X. I did it back in January of 2008. I kept waiting to turn into Dryea but it never happened;) If it gets repetitive sub some of the cardio workouts. That was my biggest issue with the program.

Wendy- my DD is 6 also. Aren't they a hoot doing a bit of Cathe kickbox.

Hey Jodi, nice job with the yoga. I struggle with yoga. I'm to darn stiff I guess

Sammy- How is Physique57. Its one I don't have.

Nite all.

I have been in a rut for the past year or so and I would love to join your group. I'm hoping checking in will help me keep going when I feel like I want to stop.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.