Getting Out of the Rut - Saturday

FabAbs

Cathlete
Hi!

I didn't see a thread for this yet and I apologize if I missed it. Today I did Karen Voight's Slim Training on a Ball and 3 miles on the treadmill.

I'm all over the place as far as exercise goes because I'm still getting into the grove. Hopefully I will get this straightened out soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

...Cheryl

Good morning Cheryl! I also did a Karen Voight workout this morning--Yogasculpt. It's been a while since I did it, and it was harder than I remembered. (Probably because it's been a while since I did it!)

I have also been kind of all over the place with my workouts. I've been trying to just do whatever appeals to me on a given day....when I get too worked up about rotations or a feeling that I "have" to do a certain workout on a certain day, then it starts to feel too much like a chore. I am going with the flow!

I'm supposed to donate blood in about an hour. Wish me luck!

Have a great day everyone!

You both did a Karen Voight workout this morning? What are the odds on that? I have a couple of those tucked away somewhere but I don't think I could make myself do them anymore.

Anyway, today I am either going to do the Squeeze (Tracy Effinger) or one of the other two new workouts that I just received. Not sure... I just want to do something new.

I'll check back in later.

I had started a thread, but it must have been way down the page. I'll just paste:
Good morning ladies of the rut. Anyone have fun plans for the weekend? We were hoping to go away, but couldn't think of anyplace to go, so we are settling for a nice dinner out tonight. That means today will be a cheat day for me, meal-wise. I did a double workout earlier in the week so I could take today off, if needed, but since we are home, I may try to go for a run later. Depends on the weather. Otherwise, I'm cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming and doing laundry. I might fit in a quick trip to Target to pick up a few things we need for our upcoming vacation. In two weeks, we will be headed for Loreto, MX for a camping, kayaking and whale watching trip.
http://www.seakayakadventures.com/tr...ing-combo.html

What's everyone else have planned for the day?

So now I'm all done with the housework and I went for a short 2 mile run. I think that may be the first time I've laced up my running shoes since a 5K I did in October! It didn't feel too bad. We'll see how my knees feel tomorrow. Time to shower and do some shopping. Taa.

Good morning ladies...

Robin- your vaca sounds awesome! Nice job on the run. I have a new-found respect for runners. I have been walking with my neighbor (fast paced while pushing a stroller) we mapped it at 5 miles and it's not easy. I would love to run it one day.

Jodi- I wish you good luck on donating blood. :)

I did't get a chance to check in yesterday but I had a fantastic MMA:fusion workout. Man, that was fun! Loved the turtle! I promise to not eat as much today as I did yesterday!:eek: My poor excuse is that once again I let stress get the best of me. (I am thankful that food is my drug of choice)
Yesterday the kids had the day off school and I was babysitting for a friend. I am also dog-sitting which has the kids on level 10+ for excitement. My 4yo DS came down with pink eye yesterday and the others have fevers, coughs etc.. We were up all night. :(

My plan for today is to get some cardio in, not sure what just yet.

Hope everyone has a successful, relaxing weekend.

Hey - Great weather today in Georgia.

I took the dog for a walk. We only went a mile. I've been lazy. I used to take him out in the morning before work but once it got dark in the morning, and cold, I did not go out. So the dog got fat and I gained 7#. So today we went out and the dog is now laying on the floor totally worn out !

I posted in the other thread this morning that I won my tennis singles match last night. Don't know how. The other lady played well and put balls where I just was not running to get them. I was frustrated and wondering why the heck I signed up for this. I might have my 2nd match on Sunday but I've not heard back from the lady yet.

Tonight I'll do cardio coach and some weight training.

I've been bad with my eating again today. Whenever I try to cut my calories I just start eating junk I don't need or want. I wish I could stop that.

I picked the Squeeze workout and I just hated it... I mean I loved it... no, I hated it. Can't decide. 3 lb. weights and I couldn't finish!

I just finished disc 15 of STS and glad I got it done. I haven't eaten very healthy today, hopefully tomorrow will be better. My meals weren't so bad it was the snacking today that wasn't good. I guess you could say I got my five servings of chocolate in today! My legs are still sore from Thursday's workout.

Haven't done too much of anything special today. I watched a movie with my husband this morning. I made homemade pizza dough for pizza tonight and I enjoy cross-stitching so I did a little of that this afternoon and hope to do some more this evening.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hello Rut gals....

I've just waddled in from the wedding we attended. I did manage to get a bunch of time in on the elliptical all three days, the food consumption wasn't horrific, but certainly was not spot on...can anyone say calamari? and alot of it.

I haven't been around since Thursday so here's my attempt to catch up...

Speaking of buffet...or I mean buffett....what an awesome surprise Robin. You'll have a ball at the concert. And your vacation sounds like a ball.

slwitt- way to rock STS. I use to do a ton of crossstitching....I really should get back into it. It was very calming. What are you making?

Cheryl, I've been a bit all over too. I guess as long as we're doing something productive.

Wendy- what did you choose? I did drivemax today and I'm pooped.

Jodi, hows the arm? It's nice that you took time to donate.

Sammy- good job with the hateful squeeze workout.

Imfiddy- how I long for a day I can get out and not develop frostbite. Your walk sounds marvelous.

So like I mentioned it was drivemax for me today. Back from Long Island, and buffet central. It was a fun wedding but I'll be glad to get back to my schedule.

Tomorrow starts off with cardio...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.