Getting out of the rut - Friday

slwitt

Cathlete
Sorry I haven't checked in for the past couple of days. I got "the phone call" Tuesday afternoon, they had 2 kids with no place to go, so we took them in that night. Unfortunately for us they are high risk, meaning they could return home. We don't know too many details yet but hoping to learn more next week. Needless to say I haven't had a lot of sleep, the kids are sick and now I am starting to get what they have.

I am grateful but still extremely worried we are at the very beginning stages of the process so it will be a long time before we know if we can adopt them or not. The kids are really great, almost too good to be true for everything we have been taught in class and the books we have read.

The bad news is I haven't been able to work out almost all week, and the good news is my eating has been better and I have lost a little more weight. Go figure! I hope everyone else is doing well on their goals!

That is great news about getting the phone call. I sure hope it all works out. A co-worker tried to adopt an infant many years ago. The mother decided she wanted the baby back after my friend had bonded with him. I know it was hard for her to give him back to his mom.

I managed to make it through yesterday without any over-eating issues! Now I'm with Linda in that I hope I can make it last more than one day. Yesterday I was in a pretty good mood. I seem to go through grief in waves, or hills. (For those who don't know, our 3 year old, disabled grandson died in December. He lived with us and it's been harder than I ever imagined.) When I'm going down the hill and in the trough, I eat. When I'm headed up, I don't. Talk about emotional eating!

Good luck with the children !!! Enjoy your time with them and know that you are making a difference in their lives, no matter how long you have with them.

Good morning ladies!

slwitt- You certainly have every reason to have not worked out this week! I hope that this has the happy ending that you hope for... if not, consider how wonderful it is that you are there to give the children the care that they need right now.

buffettgirl- I didn't know about your grandson and am saddened to hear it. You are always so optimistic and encouraging that I would have never guessed that you were going through something like this right now. Hopefully, as time goes on, the good days will even up with the bad.

With all that if just seems silly to talk about workouts and such, but here's what I plan to do today... Muscle Max (I miss it) and an hour walk to celebrate the nice weather.

I hope everybody has the best day that they possible can manage!

Hi everyone,

Robin, sending you lots more ((((hugs)))) and prayers. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but I am always here for you if you need a shoulder. Be nice to yourself...what you are going through is so difficult, it's certainly understandable that your eating would have its ups and downs.

slwitt, congrats on getting "the call"! Wishing you and your family lots of luck and love. And I'll say the same thing to you that I said to Robin: Go easy on yourself; it is certainly understandable that eating and workouts will be a bit sporadic with all you've got going on. Hope you and the kids are feeling better soon!!

Sammy123, enjoy the nice weather, and have a great walk! It is still a bit cold here. Maybe this afternoon will be a bit warmer.

I'm planning to work out later today, probably this month's Cardio Coach Press Play workout. Not sure what tomorrow will be like, so I think I might try to get it done today. I will dedicate my workout to Robin and slwitt; though your situations are very different, I wish you both peace and love.

TGIF Rutters.

Oh Robin, (((((hugs))))) to you. Like Jodi said, go easy on yourself. So much to go through. You asked about CC yesterday. No, I'm a crapola runner as well. I use CC primarily for the elliptical.

Slwitt, I hope it all works out. I'll be thinking of you. and eating well is half the battle.

Hey Jodi, have fun with CC. Guess what! My workout room construction is under way!

Sammy, have a good musclemax and walk. I love MM too.

Hey Imfiddy.

Legs and another CC are on my agenda today. Food was spot on except those demonic hershey kisses that seem to magically appear from DD's stash. Well, they are almost gone.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Happy Rutless Friday...

If it weren't for all of youse guys, today I would have stayed in bed and only come out just to finish all the chocolate chip cookies I baked last night. Instead I got dressed and forced myself to do STS M1Disc3 Legs. Someone please help me realize that the SD/RT is 4 weeks from today!! That is 28 days from now, GAWWW!:eek:

Slwitt- Congrats. How old are the babies?

Jodi- Looking forward to being part of CC on Sat. "See" you there.

Sammy123- MM is sure to do the trick for getting out of the rut!;)

ImFiddy- Tennis today?

Robin- Wish I could give you this ((((hug)))) in person. Wish I had some words that could possible comfort you. I am so proud of your success today. <3

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. It will workout how its supposed to. The kids are 6 and 9 yo. I just need to get some rest!!

wgilchrist- Actually Muscle Max is my rut! So in keeping with the purpose of this thread I changed my mind and did Jari Love's Ripped to the Core. I've only ever done it once and I thought I hated it, but after letting Cathe get me stronger it really wasn't so bad.

Took a walk. I only had time for 30 minutes. It was 63 degrees, beautiful and sunny with not a cloud in the sky. Lovely.

I'll see you all tomorrow.

Hi!

Today was a day off from exercise it's hard to work out with my husband home. I did get some walking in because we went to Costco and just out and about and we park pretty far away from the stores so I that counts for something.

Back to working out tomorrow, I'm considering starting P90X on Monday just so I have some rotation to follow and I don't have to be all over the place...we'll see.

Have a great day!
Cheryl

Sallie, once again, congratulations on getting the call. I agree with ImFiddy. You are making an important contribution to the kids lives right now. Enjoy the moment and don't let worry about something that may never happen get in the way. (Ha! Great words of wisdom from the Queen of Worryville)

Sammy, hey, workouts, diets, ruts, that's why we are here. MM is one of the few Cathe workouts I don't have. Some day I'll complete my set. Right now I'm working on trying to get some of my favorites that I have on tape changed to DVDs. Gosh, I wish we had nice weather. We are in the edge of the nasty north eastern US stuff. Last night's wind was wicked.

Jodi, is this CCPP weekend? I haven't joined in for months. In fact, DH took my stationary bike down to the basement. Have fun! Thanks for the dedication. I truly appreciate it.

Melissa, I guess most people use CC for treadmills and ellipticals. When I tried using it to run outside, the real hills got in the way of the imaginary hills. Hey, a friend told me 10 kisses is OK. Any more is trouble. I'm sure I don't eat 10 a day. How about you?

Wendy, I guess I didn't realize you were going to SD RT. Of course, it's right in your back yard. Have a great time and share please.

I'm all done with MMA Kickbox. Time to go start dinner. Michele (Ms Lee) shared a recipe of hers for Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chile that has gotten raves. I'm going to give a try, along with a salad and cornbread. I'll have to be careful with the cornbread though. I sure do love my carbs.

Hi again! Didn't do CCPP this afternoon, though I did get in a nice brisk walk with the dog. I should have dressed more warmly, though. It gets cold fast when the sun gets lower in the sky! But it did keep me moving quickly.

I did get another nosebleed afterwards. I can't remember who mentioned it the other day, but I have seen doctors for them in the past. It's nothing serious, just dry winter air. They stop pretty quickly. I had one doctor tell me that the only thing they could do is maybe cauterize the inside of my nose, which might not even work, and did not seem like something I wanted to try. So I put up with it in the wintertime. Yet another reason I can't wait for spring!!

I like MM. It's one of those workouts that makes me feel strong and long and lean after I've done it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Robin - I'm so sorry for your loss. I had my reply box on the screen and a customer came in and then I finally typed my reply and had not seen your post.

Wendy - I have single tennis matches scheduled for Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Oy. My calf is now sore as heck from my Tuesday match, sucks to be old.

I tried to do CC today but wimped out after 20 minutes. We are splurging tonight and going to Fridays where I will get a pecan encrusted chicken salad that has like 1700 calories and tons of fat. I will try to make myself do another CC and some weight training when we get back but I doubt I'll do it.

Oh, and the customer I was waiting on was a homeless lady that lives in the woods down the street and she was the most intelligent customer that I've had in a long time.

Someone kick my butt for being so lazy !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.