Getting out of the Rut - Friday

slwitt

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone! I thought I would get us going this morning. My legs are soooooooo sore from Disc 14 that I did yesterday afternoon. I can barely walk so I'm not sure that I will be doing Step Moves this afternoon, may just take it easy and walk on the treadmill instead. I increased my weights yesterday and I am feeling it!!

We are adopting locally. We started the process in Jan 2009, and we have done all our certification work we are just waiting on "the phone call." We are hoping to adopt a brother and sister between the ages of 5 and 10. There is no one at this point we are particularly slotted for. They will just call us when they have children that are close to the criteria we have established. It has been a very long process!! But my husband and I very excited. It's just hard waiting!!

Good morning!!!

I am checking in even though I didn't work out yet this morning. I am headed to my Weight Watchers meeting. (I am a lifetime member)

I hope to do some type of exercise when I get home but I can't promise. LOL

Yesterday I did 50 minutes on the treadmill and burned 400 calories according to my HRM.

slwitt-I hope you get "the phone call" very soon. :) What an exciting time!!!

I did a "copy and paste" of yesterday's post because I want you to know that I DID MY WORKOUT!:

Wow! If ya'll are the "stuck in a rut" group, I'm sure glad that I didn't sign up with the tough crowd! What's with all the overcoming obstacles and doing multiple workouts and stuff? I hope that I can keep up!!

Today I really thought I couldn't fit a workout in as I knew I would be in and out all day. I decided to do my old reliable Muscle Max so that I wouldn't have to be recalculating weights and such. I put it on and then every time I was home for 10- 15 minutes I would pick up where I left off and knock off a couple of body parts. Not ideal, I know, but it's 10:15 p.m. and I just finished the whole workout. I started around 10:00 a.m., so that was like a 12 hour workout, right?

OK- back to today. I plan to do some cardio intervals this morning and get them out of the way before the day takes over.

slwitt- I had no idea that adoption was such a long process. What an exciting time for you!

Hooray! It's Friday!

I didn't post yesterday, but I did the new Tracey Staehle workout Cardio Kickbox Challenge. This was the first time for this workout, but I found I could follow without having seen it before.

Today was Art of Strength Providence kettlebell workout (again). I hope to progress to Newport, Firepower, and Santa Monica workouts.

I'm glad it's Friday. I need to catch up on my sleep!

We are adopting locally. We started the process in Jan 2009, and we have done all our certification work we are just waiting on "the phone call." We are hoping to adopt a brother and sister between the ages of 5 and 10. There is no one at this point we are particularly slotted for. They will just call us when they have children that are close to the criteria we have established. It has been a very long process!! But my husband and I very excited. It's just hard waiting!!

Good luck with the adoption. My sister has adopted two children, and I know it took them a lot of time to get each one. Keep us posted.

Gotta share!!!! DH just called with the news that he got tickets to the Jimmy Buffett concert in August!!! If you know anything about me (buffettgirl), I'm a HUGE Buffett fan. I can.not.wait!!!!! Whoot!

SLWITT - Good luck with the adoption! Raising kids is an amazing feat. You never know if you are doing it right and many times you want to bang your head against the wall. They seem to be much more mature at a younger age than we were.

Robin - Jimmy Buffett ! Damn Skippy have a great time !i!i!i!

Today I have my 1st tennis singles match in a long time. I signed up in a league a month ago thinking it will give me a goal to try to start getting into shape. Oh course I did not start working out until a week before the scheduled start date. Being fiddy (50) years old and my joints are crunchy I'm hoping I can hang in there and get a few games. I'm playing a lady my age so I might have a chance tonight !

No workouts for me today because I'll burn quite a few calories playing tennis. Have a great Friday everyone !

Good Morning Ladies!

I woke up at 4:30 am (ugh!) to do Low Max today. I cut it off at the last step combo so I could go get ready for work. The first 20 minutes actually seemed too easy! I reminded myself though that I need some lighter workouts mixed in with the intense ones so I don't burn out and don't hurt myself!! I have a little soreness in my back today from Disc 8 that I did yesterday. It's a good sore though!

Fiddy - good luck with tennis today! I love tennis but I am absolutely terrible at it. No chance of getting me into a real game...it's so boring for me because I can't hardly return anything!!! But I do enjoy going with my kids and hitting the balls around.

Robin - How fun! I love concerts! Especially when it's your favorite band. Enjoy ;-)

Kathryn - I'd love to hear more about the kickbox DVD. I really love Cathe's kickboxing workouts but I have been a little leary of branching out into other instructors. I've looked at clips on Collage but none of them seem as fun as Cathe's.

Sammy - Way to stay committed to getting that workout finished!! I don't know that I would have had the tenacity :)

slwitt - thanks for the unintentional reminder to appreciate my kids. With an 18 yr old and a 13 yr old sometimes you forget that they are blessings. But they are and even with all the daily aggravation that comes with parenting teens it is still the best job in the world.

Ok everyone, have a great day! I am going out with my girlfriends this evening, so wish me luck to eat decently!! We are having dinner at a great little diner and then seeing a movie. I must not give in to a greasy plate and snickers!!

Eating was okay yesterday, could have been better, but definitly wasn't even remotely close to how bad it's been! This morning I put on a pair of jeans that a week ago I could not button. They are still snugger than I would like, but they are on!!!:D:D:D

This morning's workout was Insanity Pure Cardio and this statement about sums it up: Pure Cardio (like Plyo Cardio) is a monster.

slwitt
- I sure hope the call comes soon!

Robin
- Oh that's not buffetgirl as in "all you can eat"! Just kidding! LOL! Woohoo on the tickets!!!

Hi!

Today was Cathe's Stretch Max with no equipment and with the resistance band. I love stretching with the resistance band!!! No cardio today I had to much to do.

...Cheryl

Hi everyone! Rest day for me today. Soooo busy, and my neck is still not better. I'm hoping that by resting today it will help a bit. I did do a lot of walking, though. I was back and forth to one kid's school a bunch today, and I walked there and back a couple of times. So at least I got moving a bit.

slwitt, good luck with the adoption! Hope you get "the call" soon!

Robin, congrats on the Buffett tix! As you know, Jimmy puts on a fun show! Have fun!!!

ImFiddY, good luck on your match tonight!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Done with STS disc 18 - back and biceps. I'm broiling fish for dinner, with a salad and green beans. DH is taking me out for a nice dinner tomorrow, so I guess I'll take a little cheat day.

Sallie, good luck with the adoption. I think it's nice that you want siblings that a little older.

Debbie, we have a group of Weight Watchers at work. Last summer, they all lost a huge amount of weight. As far as I can tell, they are all keeping it off too.

Sammy, good for you finding time to work out yesterday. I think your method was very clever.

Kathryn, I have Tracey's CKC, but I haven't even opened it yet. I've been busy with Cathe rotations. Did you like it?

Fiddy, how was your tennis match?

Lisa, have fun with your girlfriends. If you want to ramp up Low Max, do the intervals holding a medicine ball or weight. Whoo. It's tough.

Linda, thank you for pointing out that it's BUFFETTgirl, not BUFFETgirl! A friend talked me out of Insanity. I'm not crazy about drills. I think I'm glad.

Jodi, where are you missy?

Did I mention that we're going to see Jimmy Buffett in August!!!! I may have to get one of those bar thingies at the bottom of my post - days until Jimmy.

Thanks to everyone for all your support on the adoption. I really appreciate it. I will definitely keep you posted.

I have had a super good eating day today and I got my cardio in on the treadmill, legs are still sore but the cardio did help loosen them a bit.

Fiddy - What a great way to workout, doing tennis. I love playing tennis, unfortunately haven't found any places close by to be able to play.

Robin - congrats on the tickets! That will be an awesome concert!!

Kathryn - I'd love to hear more about the kickbox DVD. I really love Cathe's kickboxing workouts but I have been a little leary of branching out into other instructors. I've looked at clips on Collage but none of them seem as fun as Cathe's.

Lisa, I love kickboxing workouts, so I've branched out to other instructors for variety. I really like Ilaria Montagnani's Powerstrike 5 workout. I like Amy Bento's Kickbox Surge (much easier to learn than Kickbox Xtreme, which I also like). I've done some Kimberly Spreen, too.

With all of them, ignore the fact that the production values are not as good as Cathe's workout (lighting, sets, etc.). Ilaria's workout is very low impact -- she emphasizes form and doing things correctly. Amy's workouts are fun, but forget about form -- the challenge is learning the routines and keeping up with her sometimes-spotty cueing. Kimberly's workouts don't seem as challenging as some of the others. And this new video is fun and challenging, with some rough editing and so-so production.

I hope this helps. I'm always looking for the next kickbox workout....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.