GETTING IT DONE - WEEK OF 1/9 - 1/15/12

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning! Starting us off!

WO done! BS, because I didn't have the weight worksheets printed out and not exactly thinking at the early hour.

Now we're all rolling out the door for school and work!

Have a great work and a wonderful day!

Morning Heidi and Sherry,

Sherry thanks for starting us off this week;) and good job, on your workout.

Sorry, for the lack of personals the last few weeks. It has been crazy the last 2 weeks with moving my DD's stuff and DS's visiting for the holidays.

I never finished my last 2 weight workouts in DC, they didn't had a squat rack or a BB. I did mostly cardio. Had all good intensions to get those 2 discs in, but never happend with moving Alesia's stuff and DS visiting us. Oh well! I will finish up my last 2 workouts today. Need to run to the house later and pick out colors for the walls, fun stuff! We are staying in the RV until everything is painted and cleaned (will hire a cleaning theam ) It looks like we will not gonna move in until the end of this month. The painter will not get ready, nor do we want them to do a sloppy jop, lol! The house is over 4000 sqft. so it will take time to get the celling/walls/doors/windows painted. Not sure, about the carpets if they need to be repaced yet???

BBL with personals.

Hi girls!

Sherry: Great job on BS this morning! I hope you have a good day. :)

Belinda: No appologies needed we both completly understand for sure. :) I hope you get in your workout today.
How exciting to have your house almost ready and be able to get in a crew for cleaning and painting. When they are finished send them my way. HAHA!

This morning I did S90 chest and back. I did all push-ups on my knees to prevent strain on my calf. After I did an icycle #9 20min and Stretch Max #2.

My calf is tight and pulls here and there but I really think with continued stretching and moving it will eventually work its way back to health.

So keep moving girls and keep up the good work! :)
Have a great day!
BBS
Heidi

Got the weight work done tonight! Lower body and core.

Belinda - Just think how clean and fresh the house will be when you do move in! And like Heidi said, no apologies necessary; you check in AND do your workouts so much more consistently than us.

Heidi - Of S90, I think C&B is the wo I like least. Moves too fast, so not enough reps when trying to keep good form. Glad the calf is healing.

Heading to bed. Planning to make it two days in a row!

Hi all!

LIS LIC done, but not as many calories burned as I liked. Choreography a bit tough on my mind this morning. May need to review this one again when I'm a bit more awake. ;) Good thing I have a run tonight for some more calorie burn.

Hope you are getting something done today!

2 mile interval run done! Followed by extended stretch. Feeling wonderful right now. :)

Hope you are having a good one!

Got the weight work done tonight! Lower body and core.

Belinda - Just think how clean and fresh the house will be when you do move in! And like Heidi said, no apologies necessary; you check in AND do your workouts so much more consistently than us.

Heidi - Of S90, I think C&B is the wo I like least. Moves too fast, so not enough reps when trying to keep good form. Glad the calf is healing.

Heading to bed. Planning to make it two days in a row!

Hi Sherry: I totally agree with you on that w/o. I didn't get any DOMS either. ;)

Great job on your weight workout! :) Any DOMS? hehe

BBS

Hi all!

LIS LIC done, but not as many calories burned as I liked. Choreography a bit tough on my mind this morning. May need to review this one again when I'm a bit more awake. ;) Good thing I have a run tonight for some more calorie burn.

Hope you are getting something done today!

Hey Sherry! Nice workout! :) Haven't done that one yet. Is that one using the step?

Yesterday I did a walk on the TM itread #10 35min. Calf was pulling a bit.... Ab hits PS legs 7min and STS extended stretch. That felt really good!

Went to my first PT appt last night. It's official! I have a plantaris muscle rupture...not completly luckily. Ice, stretch and repeat. PT 3 days a week to start.
So no running, walking on the TM or cartwheels aloud. :( It's going to take about 6 weeks to completly heal up.
I can do floor weights and ab workouts. Bike if it doesn't hurt. Bummed big time!

Just because a workout says Low Impact doesn't mean that you can't get hurt! So be careful and mindful when doing your workouts. ;)

From yesterday's workout I have DOMS in my back and abs. That ab workout is great! Gets me everytime.

After PT last night my leg was sore and this morning really sore! I am going to keep it moving and stretching today.

Hi Belinda! Have a great one! Thinking of ya! :)

Have a great workout and day. :)
BBS
Heidi

Hi all!

Heidi - Oh no! That's more serious than you hoped, I'm sure. I know how frustrating it is to be restricted. So, lots of yoga and UB weights on your schedule?

As for me, yoga is on the rotation today, which I'll do tonight. And since it was a no cardio or weights day, gave blood today. The drive was at work, so was easy.

Not sure about tomorrow. I have a one day out of town trip which starts early. It's weights plus a run on my schedule but nothing will be done in the a.m., so need to move something around.

BBL to report my yoga. See you then.

Hey girls,

I just got my workout in: I did Chris Freytag 10 Pounds Slimdown" 20 min abs and 20 min yoga. That's it for me today! BBL!

Yoga Relax done. Feeling very good right now. :)

Belinda - Glad you are still getting your workouts in. House stuff not dragging you down too much?

See you all tomorrow!

Morning girls,

Not sure, what I will do today? Need to wait until the painters are gone:confused:

I will be back with persoanls.

Have a wonderful day and workout, everyone!

Hi all!

Day started way to early, and too much driving overall, and that part in the rain. But home this evening and did get in my run - 2 miles of intervals followed by extended stretch. Decided to wait on the weights - arm is bruised from giving blood yesterday (that doesn't usually happen to me!) so thought another day of rest would be good.

Belinda - are you having the whole house painted? How many different colors did you pick? What did you decided on the carpet? Just wait 'til you have all that space!

Heidi - how's that calf doing? PT again yet?

Making it an early night, so heading to bed. See you all tomorrow!

Hi Heidi and Sherry,

Sorry for the lack of personals this week:eek: I promise, I will do better next week.

Lots happend yesterday with the painter:( :rolleyes: I noticed on Monday and Tuesday, that the painter wasn't covering up anything? (like the carpets, lights a.s.o) So I ask why? He told me, he never does:eek: I was there on Monday and checked every 30 min or so, to see how far he got. Noticed he cut a lot off corner (not paiting or covering the pop nails) He also told me on Tuesday morning he painted the entire celling in the master bedroom, walk in clothet, and the entire master bathroom:rolleyes::confused: I never saw him painting the celling on Monday? How the hell did the painted the celling without me seeing him:eek::eek: Like I said, I checked every 20 min????? I did see him patching up the holes/walls and trims and taking shelves of the walls. He had no help either. so I stayed on Tuesday upstairs ( he brought in his buddy to help him) and kept a close eye on them:eek: I wanted to make sure, they are not cutting corners and doing a good job. Everything was fine, until my DH sent him an email yesterday morning telling the painter we wanted the floors/ lights and so on covered:D Now what's wrong with that? Yesterday morning the painter came in the door, didn't even said HALLO:rolleyes: said he couldn't work if someone is watching over him ( pretty much he saying, leave the house, WTH?) and he told me I am in the U.S now? WTH? I told him, this is in MY HOUSE:p:eek: I am like what the hell??? I am paying him, not the the other way around?? He thought he can make a deal with my DH:eek: but DH told him we have to cut our losses (after the painter said now I am in the states, WTH?! We found a lot of mistakes (before the painter came Thursday morning) even a blind person could see that:rolleyes:) DH and I decited on painting/cleaning everything, at least I know everything will get done right. Today we will go to Costco/ Home Depot and buys everything we need. We also decited to take our time on the painting since our furniture from El Paso will take about 4 weeks to get here:eek: DH will find out today, when our funiture from Germany can be delivered?? That will give us enought time to get everything done without rushing into anything.

I did 20 min yoga this morning! Will take it easy on the workouts this week, since it's my recovery week anyway:p

I will be back tomorrow! Have a wonderful weekend, girls!

Hi!

Finally getting a chance to post. Arm still really bruised, so not wanting to push it with STS total body (as the rotation called for) so substituted UB sculpts plus Stab ball abs. And because had some extra energy, threw in Step Jam, and oldie that I didn't have to think about. Kept it low impact throughout.

Belinda - Can't believe that painter! I would have fired him, too. So much going on, so just take a deep breath and realize that you have time (though I know you can't wait to get into the house!).

Heidi - hope you are hanging in there.

Heading to bed and looking forward to sleeping in! See you then!

Good morning!

Slide & Glide done! Had trouble getting discs to move on the exercise mats we have on the floor - both with and without the covers. WO not as intense as I would have like cardio-wise, but we'll see how the muscles are feeling later. Still have a run later today on the agenda.

Snowing here, and it's cold, so will head out for DD's soccer game and might stay in otherwise.

Hope you make it a good one! BBL!

Run done! 2 mile run/walk intervals. Leg continues to feel good, and my cardio is improving! :D

Still snowing lightly, and streets are slick, so dog walks have been short, much to the pup's dismay. :(

Now to relax for the rest of the evening. Hope you had a good one!

Hi Belinda and Sherry!

I have been sick with a head old since thurs. DH had it all week and my third child came home thurs with a stomach flu. Great! Just to add to all the rest of the troubles. Eek!
I went to PT tues and after the treatment my calf was really sore that night and weds. I canceled my appt for thurs and Friday due to being sick and not wanting to pass this on to anyone.
Saturday I mainly rested all day.
I have been up since 4am with my calf cramping. Have been massaging and stretching it since.

I better do something today because not moving isn't helping!

Belinda! Oh my! That is just something with that painter. So sorry to hear that it didn't workout. Believe me I have had my share with contractors not doing the job as you might expect. DH and I have ended up doing it over too. Very frustrating to say the least.
It is good that you and your dh can do these things too. At least you know it will be done right and you get to be proud of what you have accomplished. :)

Sherry: so glad to hear that your leg is doing so much better! ;) do you still go to PT?
How was your dd's game? How's the driving going with your son? ;) my son wants to start now too.,. Oh boy
How is your arm today? That is strange about the extra bruising.

Have a great Sunday ladies! :) Stay well and safe.

Bbs
Heidi

Good morning!

WO done! I thought today was yoga, so I decided to do Turbo Barre instead. However, when I posted my wo, I noticed the rotation called for Cardio Super Sets. Silly me. Maybe I should have actually looked at the scheduled rather than just thinking! I'll try to find time later today to get that one in.

Heidi - Let's see . . . not going to PT anymore. IT band feeling nice and mushy when I roll it out, and exercises the PT had me doing are similar to those in Turbo Barre (working the hip abductors, glutes and hamstrings for stabilization), so I want to incorporate some of that or other similar floor work into my wo schedule . . . DD's team won the game; volleyball starting for her soon, too, which is good because she is driving us crazy during this downtime! . . . driving with DS ok, but I'm still on neighborhood streets, no ready for the main roads yet; still icy this a.m. so will need to wait until later in the day for that, goal is for him to have in license by the time school starts next fall to relieve us of some of the carpooling (DD starts at the high school next fall, too, so they'll be at the same school!) . . . and arm looking pretty good today. I regularly give blood and have easy veins to hit, so this was an oddity. I chalk it up to the person poking me this time.

Hope your head is feeling better today, as well as the rest of the family. Sorry about the calf cramps. Have you been icing or heating the calf? Dr. told me to ice the knee after everytime I run. I think that's helping.

Belinda - DH and I have always done all our own painting. He rolls the large spaces on the walls and I do all the trim work. It'll take time, and there will be lots of aching necks and shoulders, but it'll get there. make sure you do lots of stretching afterwards!

Plan for the day - CleanMax, LaundryMax, DriveMax (that's a new one!) and then up at church for the evening.

Hope you have a good one, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.