GETTING IT DONE - WEEK OF 1/16 - 1/22/12

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning!

WO done! Rotation called for Tri-Sets Lower, but feeling the after affects of Turbo Barre in my legs, so decided to go a little lighter with Total Body Sculpting. We're all home from school and work today, so DD is getting some service work done, DS will be studying for finals and doing some more driving, DH is getting ready for this week's classes, which leaves me to finished laundry, cleaning and get groceries.

Belinda - Hope the painting isn't wearing you out too much.

Heidi - How's the calf? Are you able to get in for some PT today?

Time to get hopping with today's list. Make it a good one!

Good morning!

Body not talking so loud to me today with DOMS, so glad I went a bit easier yesterday. I have been noticing I need a bit more sleep lately as I've been kicking up the exercise intensity, which is to be expected. Glad I've started back with th weights.

Today's schedule calls for Athletic Training and a run, so not sure if I'll do all of AT or a premix. I'll see how it works with time this evening. It's raining now and should be turning to snow just about when it's time to go home, possible making the drive home a bit of an adventure.

Be back tonight to report my wo's. Hope you are having a good one.

Got it all done! AT, dog walk, 2 mile interval run + extended stretch for dessert!

Hope you are hanging in there!

Good morning Sherry and Heidi,

Thanks for starting us off this week. I am so busy with cleaning/moving. My head is spinning. Yesterday I started the STS pyramid down rotation, I did M2 D13 (CST). Today I will do D14 legs, if not I will do cardio? Yesterday was my last STS workout in the RV:p moved most of my exercise equitment to my house. Will move more today. I had a lot of stuff in the RV. I also took pic, I will post them soon;) maybe this weekend!

Sherry, what rotation are you doing these days? How are your feeling? Any better?

Heidi, where are you?

I promise, I will do better with the check in.

Happy Hump Day, girls! I will be back later to report my workout;)

Morning Sherry and Belinda:

Sherry: GREAT JOB on your workouts so far this week! :)

It has been a rough go with this headcold and calf issue. I thought resting it over the weekend would help but it just made it hurt more when I moved around. I did a cycle workout yesterday and then a stretch.
I did make it to PT last night. She had me do some ankle exercises and then lunges but on a sliding weight machine where you lay down. My calf was pretty sore last night again but I continued to stretch it out when I got home.
Today it is sore but manageable as long as I keep moving about. ;) So I may do another bike workout and then an upper weight with abs workout too.

Belinda: YEAH! Almost moved in to your new home! How exciting is that!? :) It is good that even with all you are doing you can still find a little time to yourself for a workout.
GREAT JOB! I look forward to seeing your photos too!

You both have a great day workout! It has been a pleasure chatting and getting to know you both. :) Best wishes always.

Heidi

Hey girls,

D14 legs and stretch w/ Amy Bento from the 10 min Solution is done. Will do D15 tomorrow, Saturday I will do STS TB. I do need to get some cardio in Friday.

Heidi - (((HUGS))) sorry about the headcold and calf issue! Hope you feel better soon.

Sherry - holy cap on your workouts today! WTG! Super woman;)

Off to the shower! I will be back tomorrow.

Hi all!

WO done! After 8 hours in the car today (one day work trip), YogaMax is just what I needed to stretch and relax!

Belinda - how you can keep up with your workouts while working on the house and moving is impressive. Great job! I'm following this month's Total Body Recharge rotation, and it's doing just that! Helps me recognize how I let my strength go down while I was focus on running. Not ready to take on STS again yet, but maybe by the time you work your way down the pyramid . . .

Heidi - so glad that your calf injury is making progress! And good thing you are keeping up with your upper body workouts. If I had, my pec DOMS wouldn't be talking to me so loud when I do strenuous things like turn the steering wheel!

It's been a long day. Heading to bed while I'm still calm and relaxed. See you tomorrow!

Morning!

Sherry and Belinda: nice job yesterday getting in your workouts and stretches. ;)

I spent the day cleaning floors so that was my upper w/o. ;) Oi my back!
Because I was on my feet most of the day my calf actually feels so much better. I could actually walk down the stairs this morning without hopping! Yeah!
The cold is almost gone which will make it easier to breath while doing the weights

Pt tonight so I will do my planned w/o from yesterday.

Sherry: I was going to start that rotation your doing next month too. ;) I am keeping my fingers crossed that my calf will be better by then.
Way to go on those DOMS!! What w/o got you?

Belinda: I agree with Sherry that you are doing great getting in your w/o's even with your busy schedule.
Is your gym about set up now? ;)

Have a great one! I will be back soon to report my w/o done.
Heidi

Good morning,

I will do D15 (BB) and abs today. I am doing the rotation Cathe posted on FB a few month ago for me. My workout equitment is set up in my huge basement.:eek: Love having all that space. Nice!

Sherry - wow! That's a lot of driving! Is the Total Body Recharge rotation a Cathe one? My workouts are keeping me saine w/all that's going on, lol.

Heidi - glad your calf injury is making progress! Just be careful and don't overdue it, ok! Floor cleaning is hard on the back. Glad to hear your cold is almost gone. Have fun with your PT tonight.

Need more coffee, I will be back later.

Hi ;)

Well I didn't get my w/o in again. :( I have to stop this house cleaning first mode because it is taking away from my w/o time.
So I worked on the 2nd floor today. Then paperwork and getting the taxes together. Went to work after with errands.

Pt went well and my calf feels good. More flexible this time around . She has me doing a few exercises and I can walk on the TM at an easy pace. NO Running! I promised I wouldn't ;)

Pt tomorrow and I WILlL do a w/o!!!

Belinda: how was your BB w/o? So cool to have a w/o area.. Even better to have more space! ;)

Sherry: safe travels! ;)

Have a great evening!
Bbt
Heidi

I just finished D15 and 45 min yoga on the ball w/ Sarah Ivanhoe! BBL!

Heidi - hope you get your workout in tomorrow. I been cleaning all day too:confused: the seller left the house so dirty, arrr.... On the plus side, I love my new workout space:eek: finally!

Hi all!

Finally got the wo done! 2 mile run/walk intervals followed by TBS. Rotation called for Trisets Upper, but just didn't have that much time tonight. Snowing here just enough to mess with traffic, then get DS to dr when I got home, get food in everyone before getting guys out to meeting and DD up to choir concert. So ready to get to bed now!

Cathe just announced a Chicago RT! So excited! Hope it does come thru. don't know if I'd ever make it to one at her home gym.

Heidi - You are welcome to come here and clean anytime! I think I've given up on deep cleaning. thought the basement really needs the thorough treatment - way too much stuff down there. The rest of it I just tolerate.

Belinda - With all that cleaning, yoga is probably what you needed! I know when we were looking (10 years ago), we couldn't believe the condition people were trying to sell their houses in! Yes, it's a lot of driving, but often I prefer the one day long trip than the overnight ones - don't miss out on as much at home. My boss understands and works with us so office time is more flexible.

I'd say the rotation (this month's Cathe one - the one month) is doing what it should - get me going, but I still haven't figured out how to work the runs in with the schedule. Like tonight when I have a run on my run rotation but a weight wo on the Cathe rotation. DH and I both signed up for the 1/2 marathon in Oct., so need to keep working up slowly with the running. Seriously considering going to a BFL style rotation, with running for the cardio and working thru the weight DVD's the alternating days. Kind of missing the pyramids and gyms styles right now.

Heading off to bed. Sleep well.

Morning ladies,

I am going to DC, helping DD paint/clean her appt. Not sure, if I get a workout in today? We shall see..

Have a wonderful workout and day, everyone!

Hi all!

Rotation calls for Slide & Glide today. Think I just did that driving around in the snow. Feeling the urge to tomorrow's Afterburn instead since I also have a run for tomorrow. Just finished dinner, so have about an hour to think about it.

Looking at my travel schedule over these next few weeks, I definitely won't be able to do these dual workouts, so leaning even more so towards a BFL style, alternating weights and running.

Belinda - As if you didn't do enough painting already! Hope you at least had some fun with your DD!

Heidi - how was PT?

Brownies just out of the oven - need - to - get - wo - done - before - eating!

BBL!

Hallo and good morning,

I will catch up on my workouts today. I was sooo beat last time. Didn't get home until 8 pm. My furniture from Germany will arrive next Friday, need to get busy and get the house done.

I will be back later.

Good morning!

2 mile interval run on the schedule for today. Heading out to get my hair cut first.

Belinda - I know what you mean by being beat. I was stiff first thing this morning, but loosening up as I've been awake. I know you'll be so glad to have all your things together under one roof once again. And the space! I'm sure you will enjoy that space.

BBL!

Morning Sherry and Belinda!

Lets see....Thursday was work and running around getting ready for taxes. PT was a little rough due to the massage. I did squats on the total gym which really got me good! My upper thighs are so sore.
Friday I tried a 20min walk on the TM. I couldn't get in my complete workout plan due to having to take my Mom to her PT appt. My Sis couldn't make it this time around due to getting some sort of flu.
The rest of my day got busy and then PT at 4PM. This PT person was easier with the massage and added some more exercises to the routine. I will add these over the next 4 days before my next appt. I hope to get back to 100% within a couple more weeks.

Great job girls on your workouts! :)

Belinda: Boy do you have a lot of directions your running in! Is your DD's place all set now?
I know you'll be super busy this week with getting ready for your furniture so don't worry we will still be here when you come back. ;)

Sherry: We are FINALLY getting some of that mysterious white stuff people call snow. LOL! We are due for about 2-4"...nothing like what you are having I am sure! ;)
How are you doing after Afterburn?

Enjoy you weekend ladies!
BBS
Heidi

stopping by to report that . . . run is done! Followed by STS extended stretch. Plus a dog walk earlier so she could get out. Really like how the body is adapting to running again. I was so frustrated when I first started again.

Yep, I was feeling the after affects of AfterBurn this morning. But once I got moving around, no DOMS.

Heidi - Something is better than nothing! Get in what you can with everything that you have going on. As for snow, about 4" total. It was a joy waking up this morning and the driveway was already plowed; no shoveling necessary. This was the first time the plow came so far this winter - they only come if there is at least 2" in a single snowfall. DS was very glad also - he's had to help shovel on the lighter snows we've had so far.

Belinda - Were you able to finish DD's place today? Hopefully, so that now you can get back to focusing on your own. Now sure how well DH and I would last in that same amount of space for as long as you have. And the dogs, too!

Now to relax for the evening. Get a good rest and see you all tomorrow.

Morning Belinda and Sherry!

I am up and having my coffee. Trying to decide on what to do.

Sherry: that is so great that you are getting back in the groove of running. ;) making a point to stretch well also will keep you there. Nice job! :)

It snowed most of the day here yesterday but I don't think we got more than 4". It will be mostly gone in the next few days however because we are warming up into the 50's. Crazy weather for sure!

Hi Belinda! Thinking of you. :)

Well back to my planning. Have a good one!
Bbs
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.