Getting it done for Nov 7 - 13, 2011

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good evening,

I can't believe, nobody started us off today:( This week is my recovery week, today I took a nice long walk. That's it!

I will be back with personals, if my internet stays up:confused: BBL!

Oops! Guess I posted in last week's.

Tonight I started a weight rotation with DS, who has a couple months of "off season training" for cross country before "winter training" starts. So while his runs are lighter, we thought some weight training (starting with S90 because routines are a bit shorter) and stretching would be good for cross training. We did S90 C&B, and it was quite entertaining! We mostly worked on his form, and at least we had fun doing it. Not as intense as I'd like, but he'll/we'll get there.

In the meantime, I've been frustrated with my leg. Tried to run on Sunday, and could feel tension in the IT band at mile 1 - what gives with that? Also, left hip has been bothering me now that the knee area is less tense (hip bone connected to the knee bone - can't help but have that song run thru my head!) I'll talk to the PT tomorrow, but still bummed. Didn't want a set-back like that.

Belinda - enjoy your rest week! Are you ready to head into M3?

Heidi - Has your life slowed down at all?

Now heading to bed, and will see you all tomorrow!

Hey girls,

Just a quick check in, before my internet stops working again. Been trying since this morning:confused::mad:

I went for a 40 min walk this morning, this late afternoon I went for a 3 mile run (had to wait, my ipod wasn't dead:rolleyes:) after my run, I did YogaRelax! Loved YR!

If my internet stays up, I will be back later!

Hi all!

Went to PT today - yep, tension in the IT is moving around. Well, not really moving, but loosened up where we worked on it last week, and now feeling it up higher near the hip, which has probably been there all along. So now back to my stretches and strength exercises. Hopefully next week it will be starting to feel like "normal". Funny how I'm so much more sensitized to it now. I know the tension was there before, but I wasn't paying attention to it.

Belinda - so jealous of your run! I'd like to be doing it! Not jealous of the lack of internet. I'm sure it's very frustrating for you.

Heidi - what have you been up to?

Catch you tomorrow!

Good morning,

Not sure, what I will do today? I will let you know later what I did.

Sherry - sorry, for rubbing it in, I know how much you love running. You will be up and running before you know it. Good news about your tension lossenening up.

Where is Heidi????

I will be back later.

Happy Hump Day, girls!

Hey girls,

I just finished TurboBarre. I loved it. For some reason it stopped 3 times at the end with stretching:eek: I cleaned the DVD and it still stops?? WTH?

I will be back later.

Hi all!

Another day of PT, and now it's really starting to feel good. Between going there and then doing the strength & stretching at home, seems like that's all of my workout time. But we're making progress, so happy with that! Still wanting to do more of the new LIS's, but they can wait for me to heal.

Belinda - Let them know - I'm sure they'll replace them. All the more reason that I need to go through mine. sounds like you are enjoying them.

Heidi - Where've you been?

See you all later!

Hi all!

Well, no exercise today - zilch. But my legs are feeling better than they have in a long while. The stretches and exercises must be working! Tomorrow I plan to do a short run, so that will really be the teller. I'm so happy it's working.

Hope you are doing ok, too!

Hey Belinda and Sherry

Tough week. Son not going to school
My step mom in surgery for cancer
My aunt is having surgery tomorrow

Just totally burned out

Now DH isn't coming back until later next week.

Belinda: nice run for you the other day. :)

Sherry: how I remember well the touch and go of it issues. A little at a time and before you know it you will be back at it. ;)
Too funny on your wt w/o with son. What did he think of the s90 program?

Today I am headed into Boston to see my Step Mom with my daughter.

I hope you both have a great day and awesome workouts this week.
Not sure what my week will be like at this point for w/o's I guess it depends on how everyone is doing and whether my son gets to school.

Take care
Heidi

Heidi - So sorry to hear about everything going on! My thoughts are with you!

Starting to finally feel like myself again, so ready to start at it now that I think the body can handle it. Waking up tomorrow to start getting in the cardio bright and early, then do weights and running in the evening, sometimes with DS and sometimes not, we'll see how that goes. Haven't even gone thru all the new wo's yet. Also want to focus on my eating so that I don't gain anything over the holidays.

See you tomorrow bright & early!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.