Getting Back in the Game Mar 3

dianet

Cathlete
So the plan to run after work didn't happen because I got a call at 3 from the preschool that Ella had a fever and to come pick her up. She was feeling so bad yesterday that I just layed with her in bed for a few hours while she napped. Then my mom came and stayed the night so that she can watch Ella today. I am working from a bagel shop around the corner from the house (Ella will want me if I am there and I won't be able to work) and just ate a very bad for me cinnamon bagel and cream cheese. So not really any plans to workout today, and I will probably be eating out every meal while my mom is here...

How is everyone doing today?

Last edited:
Jodi – nice to meet you! I’m liking STS but I need to get myself more into a routine. The first week I did great and even got in cardio on the non-STS days. But then I don’t know what happened? LOL Last night’s workout was legs, disk #6, and I really liked it. I like that there are a lot of different exercises and the time flies by. That is great that your DH is going to do it with you. I hope you were able to get your wrist taken care of today.

Mary – if your kids are anything like mine, the rain probably didn’t even phase them while they were out biking. Did you start your pillow case yet?

Michele – yes, I’m going to start using my elliptical again since it is now in the workout area. I guess I have no more excuses, right?

Robin – hey you! Did your workout come in the mail yesterday? My new favorite wine is Red Cat. Have you ever tried it? It is cheap but I LOVE it. It is from NY.

Diane – I haven’t talked to you in forever – did you go back to work? Same firm? How does Ella like daycare? I’m sorry she was under the weather yesterday. My son’s daycare was closed yesterday due to a power outage. Thank goodness my DH was home.

My workout for tonight is STS #7 – chest, shoulders & biceps. I’m not looking forward to all of those pushups.

Have a great day everyone!:cool:

Good morning everyone!!!

Well, I'm having kind of a rotten start to my day. I started feeling lousy yesterday afternoon when I developed a cough and sore throat, and an overwhelming fatigue. I woke up feeling pretty miserable this morning, too.

I only did a couple of my 1RMs yesterday, along with 5 sets of push ups. I'm going to try to do them today. I did so few yesterday that I don't think it will hurt to do them back-to-back. Actually this will work out well because DH wants to use the elliptical on Saturday, so I can do weights while he's doing cardio! :D

Diane, thanks for getting us started this morning. I'm so sorry about poor Ella! A bagel with CC sounds so good right now, I haven't had one in forever! Maybe you can get a run in while your mom is watching Ella! BTW, I HIGHLY recommend the 4-DS workouts. I don't do the cardio part -- I use CC for that -- but the weight work is amazing! It's one of my favorites and I LOVED the rotation Cathe posted for it. ;)

Dana - It's about time you started using that elliptical, young lady! I don't know what I'd do without mine. I would never do cardio if it weren't for that machine. I set my bike up in a trainer and I'm anxious to try that out. I'm hoping I like it because I really need to cross train a little bit. Anyway, now maybe you can put your CC workouts to good use! I think you're doing pretty good with STS! You have SO MUCH on your plate that you need to forgive yourself if you miss a workout. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to all the push ups either, but I've made a vow to do my best and forget the rest. I'll get better at them eventually.

Jodi - I didn't fare as well as you yesterday but, WOO HOO HOOOO for doing Low Max and gittin' her done before dinner :D! I think LM is REALLY hard. I tried it a couple of times but step workouts just aren't my cup of tea -- but I do plan to continue with the Imax Friday workouts (but we may need to change that to Imax Saturday because of STS -- LOL!). So did you get in to see an orthopedist about your wrist? I know what you mean about feeling like you're falling apart. I'm in my 50's, and while I feel pretty good, I now have little aches and pains I didn't used to have. ;)

Mary - Thank you for the compliment on my avatar! I took that picture with my computer!!! How fun is that!? I hadn't posted on the CC website in forever! I hope he'll re-install the forums. I really liked our check-in group over there but I just didn't have a lot of time this winter with everything going on. Hey, do you have all the workouts? I'm asking because I noticed that he has a HUGE sale going on right now. If you need any of them you might want to check it out.

Robin - Did your Chalean workout come? Is it that CLX or whatever it's called? I've been tempted to buy it but I HATE BB. I won't buy from them. I'd have to find it on eBay or something, because I'm not wild about the BB Coach program either. So what are you eating today? I know this sounds ridiculous and wasteful, but my grocery store just started offering individual servings of prepared brown rice with steamed vegetables and I've been buying those. They come with a little packet of teriyaki sauce and they're delicious. I don't like to fool around with making brown rice at home because DH doesn't like it and I don't feel like spending 45 minutes just to cook rice for myself. Anyway, I've been eating one of those with a chicken breast several days a week and I love the convenience of it -- tastes pretty good, too!

Alrighty, I'm going to take it easy today -- rest a little -- and then see if I can't tackle some mre of those 1RMs!

Last edited:
Good Morning!

I have a question? I am on the west coast and it is now 9:09 am, but the cathe website states the time right now as 5 pm something or other. Why can I not figure this out?!

I got up early (not as early as my DH though - up at 5am to run!) Did 4DS Bootcamp + Biceps and Triceps! Great workout :)

Diane -- I would love to have that bagel right now. I used to live across the street from a bagel shop and would get these awesome cranberry bagels. Oh man!!!! :eek: They were delish. Don't feel bad about it or your workout. Your daughter needed you. I hope she feels better today. I also recommend the 4DS workouts. They are wonderful!

Dana -- I started my pillowcase. I am just learning to sew, so this is our first project, but no pattern, just measurements. I had quite the time just cutting out my material :confused: I finally did it and then got the sides sewn up. I will try to finish it today. My DD (7) is home and she might be able to help me - LOL!!! :D Good luck with your workout and pushups! I am not a fan of pushups either, but they do good things for your upper body.

Jodi -- Awesome job on Lowmax. When I do that one I usually do a premix with only half of the w/o. I think LM is so deceptive -- it is Hard!! Maybe I will give that one a go this week.

Michele -- Hi! I do have all the CC workouts now. When Coach Sean had that last sale I got them all. I would really love to know the progress on V9?!?! Do you know anything?! Hey, I also meant to tell you congrats on getting in the RT this year. I can only imagine how excited you are :D I hope you feel better too! Don't do too much and get some rest. Cuddle up with your kitty and take a nap. Regarding your brown rice - you could always make a bunch and freeze servings for yourself.

Robin -- I hope you had a good workout yesterday and are feeling well today!

Time to get to busy around the house for me!

I didn't get a workout done yesterday. We had a "situation" at the house yesterday afternoon involving my DD that I can't share, but could sure use some prayer over, if any of you are of the praying persuation. I think I'm back on the stress diet, since I lost about 4 pounds overnight.

I did manage to get home and get an Amy Bento Hi Lo workout done today. My Chalean hasn't arrived yet.

Diane, how's poor little Ella today? Would your mom mind if you went for a quick run?

Dana, yes, we've been to the winery that makes Red Cat. It's a little too sweet for me. In fact, I've been told they make Red Cat slushies during the wine festival.

Michele, did you know they make brown Minute rice? I use it frequently. You're right, it just takes too long to cook. I"m getting my CLX from a friend, so I didn't have to deal with BB. I've heard terrible things about them.

Mary, I love that you and your DD are learning to sew together. I used to sew a lot, but haven't touched the machine in years. There are lots of things I used to do lots of. I really need to stop being such a lazy lump in the evening. Of course, the computer doesn't take up any of my time...

Jodi, I haven't done Low Max in a while. The last time I did it, I held a med ball during the intervals. Whew, that was a workout.

I actually worked out some today. I took Ella for a walk outside, which turned into a sprint around the block to find Ella's dolly/security item that she threw from the stroller sometime during the walk. I was scared it was going to get run over so I was sprinting down the street to find it. Then when we got home my mom watched Ella while I did the first workout on 30 Day Shred. That is just the right level for me right now.

Happy Wednesday!

I decided to give Lowmax a try this morning! Boy, it was tough. Not as tough as in the past, but still tough. Robin, I cannot imagine doing it with a med ball during the blasts. I think I would have keeled over. :eek:

Diane -- Glad to read you were able to get a walk/sprint in before a workout! I don't know anything about the workout you did, but anything is better than nothing :)

Michele -- I am thinking you are not feeling good :( I hope you are getting some rest and will rebound quickly! Hugs to you!

Robin -- I do believe in prayer and have been praying for the situation you referred to yesterday. I will continue to do so. At least your stress diet helps you lose weight, I just eat when I am stressed.

Jodi, Dana and anyone else -- Have a great workout and day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.