Getting Back in the Game FRIDAY!!

dianet

Cathlete
I got the day right today!

Last night I did most of the original Squeeze workout. Then I woke up this morning and had planned to do LIC, but just didn't feel up to a long workout so did workout #2 on 30 Day Shred which is a 30 min circuit workout. I did it b/c I thought it would be easier, but it always tricks me and was soo hard! I can't wait to be in shape again and not feel like I am dying every workout.

My obliques and triceps are sore from Squeeze last night. Ouch.

This should be a fun weekend. Ella is going with the inlaws this afternoon, and DH are having a dinner and movie date night tonight. Then tomorrow morning we head to Austin for a friend's wedding. This wedding will also be very fancy and expensive like last week, but will be a lot smaller. I will only know about 5 people there but we are all great friends so I know we will have a fun night. But before the wedding DH and I are going to go back to some of our favorite Austin spots (I went to undergrad at UT and DH when to law school there). And we are staying in the hotel where the reception is so will just have to walk upstairs after the wedding. They are supposed to have an amazing gym/spa, so I plan to workout there on Sunday. Then going to this new outlet mall on the way home that is supposed to be really nice. So should be a fun weekend, but I'm sure we will miss Ella. I think this is the longest we have been apart.

Good Morning!

Diane -- Happy Friday to you! :) Sounds like you have a busy, yet fun weekend planned! Wow, lots of weddings; I suppose this is the time many people have them, I keep forgetting it is Spring time. :confused: That is so nice you have in-laws you can trust to care for your Ella. I do also and I know how fortunate I am. Many of our friends do not have family to watch their children. I am sure you will miss her like crazy!!!!! How nice to have your hotel at the same place as the reception.

Robin -- I understand about wanting to strangle some of the children!! :D I feel that way about my own sometimes :eek::p;)

Dana -- The cookbook "The Food You Crave" has some really good recipes the whole family would enjoy. I just picked out some I would REALLY enjoy!!! She has these awesome looking biscotti and energy bars I want to make. Check it out!

I forgot to tell you ladies -- my DH went running at 2:30am the other night!!! :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: Crazy man! :D And, to make it even funnier, he went running in his jeans (loose mind you, but jeans!) He ran almost 7 miles! I asked him if there was anyone else out there and he said "yes". He saw other people out there walking around in the middle of the night!!! We live in a really small town. Funny.

Well, I busted my rear this morning. I did CCV5 on my bike and 4DS back and chest. I did C1, then the first two rounds of 4DS, then C2, then finished back and chest and finished up with C3 (which just about killed my legs!!!!) Done for the day and loving it :D

Early piano lesson for my DD, so have to go. I will check in later to see what your all up to! Ta Ta

Hi gang.

Diane, your weekend sounds like so much fun! I love going back to all the old places DH and hang out at before we were married.

Mary, that workout sounds awesome. I'm not very good at cobbling together workouts like that.

I did Burn Circuit 2 and Ab Burner from CLX this morning. This afternoon, I did the step potion of 4DS LIS, but I upped the step from 6 inches to 8. It felt good.

Hi to Dana, Jodi and Michele.

I have to scram. We are having a friend over for a Thai Shrimp dinner. Then DH and I are taking his mom to get her hair done. It will be the first time since she broke her hip back in Feb. She gets to move back into her apartment on Sunday!

Hi everyone!

Diane, your weekend sounds great! I'm sure you will miss Ella, but it is good to get away once in a while just the two of you. Have a terrific time!!

Mary, it is so funny to me that your DH goes running in the middle of the night! And in jeans no less! Wow on your workout!!! Good for you! You really worked hard!

And Robin too...I can't imagine working out twice in one day. Well, I can, since I did it at both of the Cathe Road Trips I've been to, but not on a regular basis! And after both of the RTs I thought I was going to keel over! So glad to hear that your MIL is doing well enough to go back home!

I did boot camp class today. Tough as usual. We were indoors again today, although the weather was fine. I think the indoor gym is available on Fridays, so he reserves it. The funny part is when we see our kids through the window, walking by in the hallway outside the gym. It's hard to concentrate on squats when you keep hearing someone yell, "Mommy!"

We'll be in FL for the next week, so I'm not sure how often I'll be posting. Going to see the family...I can't remember the last time we were "back home" for Passover. Should be fun...the kids are very excited to see their cousins, and I can't wait see my grandmother and go to the beach! Have a great weekend/week everyone!!

Hiya!

Just wanted to say hi.

Jodi, have a wonderful time in FL and at the Beach :) Sounds heavenly!!!!

Robin, great job on your workout! I rarely, rarely do two w/os in one day! And an 8 inch step -- I'm amazed!!! :eek::eek: Your dinner sounds yummy too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.