Getting Back in the Game 3/9

dianet

Cathlete
I don't have a lot of time today so sorry no personals right now.

This weekend I did a run/walk on both Sat and Sun and also did some Squeeze arms and abs on Sun. Somehow she makes 3 lb weight very very heavy. I am finding that my arms are where I have lost the most strength. I can generally do all the ab and leg exercises, but anything with upper body strength kills me (and cardio, but y'all know I am a cardio hater).

Hey ladies. How is everyone today? OK here.

Diane - Your strength will come back soon. Just keep up the good work. I still feel the same about cardio ((blech)). LOL

Michele - did you start STS yet? What did you think? How is your MIL doing?

Jodi - so far I do like STS. I really wish that I'd be adding more other workouts (cardio) in with it but my schedule is so crazy. I have 2 boys (3 & 7) and work full time so it is hard sometimes to squeeze in a workout at night. OMG there is no way I could do a RT. I'd be having anxiety attacks weeks before. LOL. I do love hearing about it though and looking at the pics. How was your wrist during your workout this weekend?

Hi Mary. You must've been busy over the weekend, didn't see any posts from you. Did you have a good weekend?

Robin - how was your weekend getaway?

I didn't workout at all this weekend. I did however finish Twilight. Then at 9:00 on Sat night I decided to start the 2nd book (New Moon). I was up until 3:15 reading it. I finished it yesterday. I was hooked, I couldn't stop reading it. Tonight I'm going to start the 3rd book.

I was supposed to do disk 9, Legs on Saturday. So I'm doing that one tonight.

Have a great day all.

Hurray for Monday! :D

Man, my weekend was so busy, I was so looking forward to Monday!!! :p

I (sorta) sprang out of bed this morning at 5:55 am and got my cup of coffee and large cup of ice water and tried not to slip (and *gasp* spill my coffee :eek:) on the icy deck, to get to my garage!! I decided to do Boot Camp. Why is that workout never easier? I thought, it won't be that hard; it's only one minute of each, eight times?! Right? Wrong :eek::eek: When Cathe said we were on the 7th cycle I thought I was going to cry thinking I had to do two more circuits. You'll be happy to know I perservered and finished that crazy workout. :D I just finished my whole wheat and banana (one w/choc. chips :eek:) pancakes and will be off to my shower.

I ate pretty good this weekend considering how much junk was around me. I had a very small piece of ice cream cake at a baby shower Saturday but other than that, nothing!!! Yea :) I am really trying not to snack or eat unless I am hungry. I am trying to enjoy the feeling of being hungry (Not starving). And then stop eating before I feel full. I am short so I really need to watch my eating better, because the extra flub has no where to hide :p

Have a super great day ladies and I'll check back later.

Hi everyone. I did 4DS HIS this morning. I'm off until Friday and the weekend and am loving sleeping in.

Dana, we had a nice time over the weekend. I thought of you when we drove past Hazlitt, but we didn't stop. We had our favorite sommelier, Alan, at our favorite winery, Dr Franks. He gave us a 33% discount! What a sweetheart.

Mary, I know exactly what you mean about Boot Camp. It's not one of my favorites, because it's too darn hard! I feel the same way about the boot camp workout in 4DS.

Diane, good job with your weekend workouts. You'll regain your upper body strength in no time. Especially carrying around Ella.

Jody, how is your wrist. The only time I had a cyst, I didn't even know it. I was having a physical and the doctor grasped my wrist to take my blood pressure. He said, "Oh, you have a - oh, not any more." I guess it ruptured when he grabbed it.

Michele, how was your first day of STS? I still would love to get the series someday. Especially now that everyone seems to be doing it. Maybe when I'm at the 4 seasons during the RT, I'll have saved enough in my secret cash hidey place.

I'm planning on heading into town in a bit. I'm having company over tomorrow for dinner. I'm going to try my hand at a beef brisket. I've never done one. And some crab dip as an appetizer. Sweet potato pie for dessert.

Hellooooooooooo!!!

I just finished my first STS workout!!! :D :D :eek: :D

I LOVED it, but man, I can barely use my arms! They are totally noodlefied!!

I'm in a rush right now but I'll come back after I've run a few errands and give you my report! :D

Popping in to say hello!

Robin -- your dinner sounds so good! You must be a good cook :) Let me know how your beef brisket turns out? Are you grilling it? I love Cook's Illustrated and they had a podcast about cooking a brisket. It looked too long and complicated for me. The sweet potato pie! Heavens. Can you mail me a slice?!?!?! :p

Michele -- How exciting to start STS. I never really had any desire to buy it, but reading how everyone is loving it so much, it makes one a little envious not to be a part of it all. I'm anxious to read about your experience. Are you going to take before and after photos?

Dana -- I think we posted at the same time earlier. I usually don't even workout on weekends. Now that my DH is running with my DDs on Sundays (they did it again and it was snowing on them!) I might start going when it gets a little warmer. Our weekends are usually packed! That is why I look forward to the weekdays, because they aren't as busy ;) Put the book down!!!!! You need to get some sleep :eek: After a night or two of reading (only chance I get to read is in bed) I am wiped.

Jodi -- Hi to you if you check in! Hope your wrist is on the mend.

Gotta get moving - company for dinner :) Carnitas -- Yummy!

Hi Everyone! I worked out hours ago, but forgot about checking in! I did the SJP warmup and upper body weights, plus the Ab circuits pilates workout. My wrist still isn't any better. Oh well. At least I can still lift weights, and I'm getting better at avoiding positions that make it hurt. Pushup handles help with some exercises, like planks or anything else that would require me to put my hand flat on the floor. If my wrist is straight, it feels fine. I'll do what the doctor says and give it a few weeks, then go back to see him if it isn't better then.

Diane, I know what you mean about the squeeze upper body work. Amazing how much 3 lb weights can hurt! I usually prefer upper body work to lower, though.

Dana, I am tempted to try reading Twilight. My daughter isn't a big fan, but I'm curious about all the hoopla. My SIL and her daughter really liked it. It actually inspired my SIL to start reading more "adult" vampire fiction, which she has been enjoying. I know what you mean about staying up late reading...I stayed up until 2:30am reading the last Harry Potter book when it came out.

Mary, good for you doing BC! I agree, that workout never gets any easier! Maybe because I'm so traumatized by doing it that I wait a looong time before trying it again! Also good for you on resisting temptation. I ate terribly this weekend...it was my DH's birthday, and there were treats galore! My willpower is terrible. How were your carnitas? Hope they were yummy!! (Now I'm getting hungry...)

Robin, I wish my cyst would rupture that easily. In the past, these cysts used to be called "Bible Bumps" because the way they were treated was by hitting them hard with a heavy book. And of course every family had a bible! My grandmother told me that the doctor did that to my grandfather when he had one. It worked, but it's no longer a recommended treatment these days! Tomorrow's dinner sounds yummy...can I come over too? Glad your weekend trip was good!

Michele, hope your first day of STS went well and your noodle arms are feeling okay!!

Have a nice rest of the evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.