Gettin' "Melty With It!"

tneah

Cathlete
Good Morning All!

How cool, I started another thread.:) Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

One more day of "getting my mind together" for the new years challenge ahead. I have to help DH too, he really wants to lose, so its my job to make sure there isn't alot of food in the house. He will eat anything and everything if its there. So I am stockpiling tuna in water, fresh veggies for salads, fruits and so on...he doesn't feel good about himself when he is overweight and so that affects everything if you know what I mean...;) He is actually a really big guy, used to workout 2 hours a day and ride his bike 20 miles a day when he was "semi-retired" but now with the company and all, he has no interest in anything but work. Okay, enough about that how are you guys?

I am so glad we all are continuing this journey through, I personally am excited and even bought a "Diet Minder" book. I just really am up for a challenge. I could plug along and stay the same pretty easily, but would like to challenge myself physically and mentally to be the best I can. I know we will all be successful!Geez I sound like a weird motivational speaker or something!

Off to workout...some sort of cardio....and then off to brunch, we found a great place that serves Vietnamese pho, which is a delicious broth based soup with veggies, fresh shrimp and glass noodles:9

RE: Gettin'

Good morning, all!

Are we all gearing up for New Year's Eve tomorrow? Are you ladies doing anything special? We usually just stay home and ring in the new year with a movie, which is what we'll probably end up doing again. One of my friends is having a little get-together, but I hate to be out driving with all the crazies!

Well, I was bad at dinner last night. The DH and his brother ordered cheddar fries as an appetizer, and I just *had* to eat some. But I'm trying not to look at it as a setback! Today I'm doing Imax 3 and then a section of Core Max, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm feeling so fat and frumpy lately. Do you all find that the bulky clothes we have to wear this time of year makes it seem worse? Of course, it doesn't get too cold in San Diego, but our house is always freezing. I've been wearing my flannel PJ's all morning, and then moving into sweats later on. I think that I need to get some cuter stay-at-home clothes that are warm, but not bulky!

Tneah -- Thanks for getting us started again! Maybe us West Coasters are still just getting going with our days, whereas everyone else is already out and about! That Vietnamese pho sounds delicious -- and also healthy! I hope you like the Diet Minder book! I've used it off and on for years, but finally started just logging my food on Self magazine's free website. I was getting lazy about adding everything up, and the website does it for me!

Robin -- Where will you be going in the Carribean? Will it be a cruise? The jewelry your SIL made you sounds lovely! Have you had a chance to get out the stationary bike yet? It could be fun to do that with some good music!

Deb -- How are your circuits coming along? Which ones are you doing this week? I did Drill Max yesterday, will do Bootcamp tomorrow, and then will attempt (emphasis on "attempt"!) all of Body Max 2 later in the week. I'm also still trying to add in some regular cardio, too.

Lainie -- How's the headache today? I'm excited about doing the 4DS together! I just responded to your email, too.

TK -- How is the bag coming along? I noticed on one of the posts that you said hos much you loved Deep Discount. That's where I bought my Christi Taylor DVD, and they have such fantastic prices! I'm trying not to buy any more workout DVD's, but I may have to check it out again soon to see if they have anything new.

Shelley -- Are you feeling better and less down in the dumps? Aunt Flo sure doesn't help things! I think that cleaning house should also count as part of a workout, shouldn't it?!

Hope you all have a nice Sunday!

Yo peeps. Feeling better today--no headache, still some runny nose issues but not too bad, just still sooooo sleepy. I'm going to try to resist a nap because today's workout is once again Clean Max. My mom flies in on Tuesday afternoon so I really need to prepare the house for her arrival.

Tomorrow I plan to start a 4DS rotation, but I am slightly nervous because my ankle is still giving me occasional twinges and my right knee is crackling like crazy when I go up or down stairs. At least it doesn't hurt, though, but sometimes I kind of "feel" it more than is normal--like almost pain, if that makes sense. Hmm.

Ooh, I just realized I get to start using my Cathe calendar in a couple days. Woo-hoo! (Simple mind, simple pleasures.)

Tneah, my DH could stand to lose some weight as well. I think he's actually technically overweight for the first time in his life. He's never struggled with weight issues like I have; in fact, when he was in college he was so skinny he had to lift weights a lot just to bulk up to a decent size. He's still pretty healthy and jogs once in a while (but not consistently) but he's got a new beer belly forming. It makes me feel better about my post-baby belly, though. :p Anyway, give me pointers on how you get your man to get his heinie in gear and eat better.

Leanne, I read your email but haven't answered yet (as you no doubt know), but I'll tell you know that it's funny you're considering adding one day of cardio and one of yoga to the 4DS, because that's exactly what I was thinking of doing, especially if I can keep going to yoga class on Friday mornings. I was planning on starting the rotation tomorrow, but I could postpone if you want to start on the 7th--I could probably use a week of easing back into workouts a little more gently--a week of shorter workouts alternating cardio & weights.

Shelley, where are you today? I need a Shelley fix.

How about the rest of you?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Good afternoon melters . This morning was GS Chest and Triceps. Um, just love all those pushups (after they're all done LOL). On a bad note, I'm feeling a little pain in my elbow. I hope it goes away!

I did create a picturetrail album 'sewing' with a picture of the bag I made. Yesterday I cut the fabric for my mother's bag. She's a red hat lady so she wants it in purple and red. It was so hard for me to not throw another color in there but that's what she wants. I'll be sewing on that one today.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=3194324

Tneah: Thanks for starting the thread again today! I'm glad you will be continuing with us after the new year. You'll have to report for both you and your DH. :p

Leanne: Deep Discount and Overstock are two of my favorite places to shop. My logic is that if I spend just 8-10 bucks for a workout and I use it a few times then I've gotten my money's worth (well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). I've tried some instructors I've never even heard of before and there have been some pleasant surprises.

Hi again!

TK -- That is SUCH an adorable bag! I'm sure your mom will just love it in purple and red! It's funny what you said about buying workouts for $8-10 because I feel the same way! I figure that a yoga class somewhere costs around that amount, so I may as well get a DVD for the same price!:)

Lainie -- Are you sure you wouldn't mind starting the 4DS next Monday? If so, shall we tweak the rotation so that we're doing that one day of cardio and one day of yoga? Anyone else care to join us?:)

And now off to do Imax 3 . . . ug! I have such a love/hate relationship with that workout!

>It's funny what you said
>about buying workouts for $8-10 because I feel the same way!
>I figure that a yoga class somewhere costs around that amount,
>so I may as well get a DVD for the same price!:)

See, great minds think alike! Exercise vids are cheaper than a gym membership. That, and at the end you still have something you can sell or trade.;-)

Hi melters from across the country.

tneah, I wish your DH good luck on his fitness goals. My poor DH has always been slim and fit, but lately he just hasn't had time to fit in any workouts. He's off from work on Christmas break (he is a college instructor), but it seems babysitting (his mom, our grandson) chores always fall on his shoulders.

Leanne, we are going to St John. We have managed to go every other year for the past 10 years. We do like the Beach Boys say - Get there fast and take it slow. Most of our days will be spent sitting on a beach, snorkeling, reading and maybe a little hiking. Dinner out, then an early evening to bed and start all over again the next day. The nasty stationary bike is still under a blanket of dust in the basement. I have to get it upstairs and cleaned off. The forecast is for some colder weather next week.

Lanie, I glad to hear you are feeling better today. Good luck with the rotation. Do you wear any kind of brace on your knee or ankle? Although, from what I've read, there really isn't any proof that a brace helps much.

TK, I'm at work and can't view your picturetrail. I'll check it out when I get home. I'v gotten some really good buys at Deep Discount. I just need someone to let me know what they have. I think someone posted when they had the BBC series available.

I'm not sure what I'm doing workout-wise today. I have to make a going away blueberry pie for my DD's boyfriend. He leaves for Fort Bragg on Tuesday and heads to Afghanistan for 8 months or so in February. If I have time, I'll try to do bicep and tricep work from 4DS. No cardio today.

Have a melty day all.

Good Afternoon everyone!

Today was a very busy day. I was up at 4:30 ( dogs still think its a work day no matter what I do,;) ). Today I did 4DS Kickbox & Legs. I skipped the core work but will tack some on tomorrow after the treadmill.

So we are all going to start over on Jan 1 for a 10# meltdown? }( We WILL do it this time!

TK:
Sewing and a closet purge?? you are energetic! I did get some nice responses on the Crochet Help site, but still cannot figure out the pattern. I am quitting this one and trying to find an easier one. Your bag is so pretty. What was the pattern that you used? I have a lot of scap quilting material too..

Leanne:
That Circulet of Lace is gorgeous! I can see how pretty that would look with a nice little black dress. Regarding DH's diet..no way! he eats what he likes and that is all. I wish his DR would get on his case a little more. Maybe he holds back becasue DH is a dentist, and I think they are a little easier on others in the medical field?

Robin:
You are lucky to be able to bike outside. What has the temp been there? Your St John trip sounds so relaxing. DH and I still have not decided where we want to go in March.

Tneah:
I am glad we are carrying on too. I really need to get the next 10-11 pounds gone! It sounds like your DH is going to take the challenge with us! Hope you had a good brunch today...an early Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!

Shelley:
You were one movin' chica yesterday! It sounds like you got a lot done.

Leanne:
DH and I have a tradtion of getting crab legs and having those for New Year's Eve. Nice and quiet. We may watch a DVD or something. This week I am going to do the High Step Training Advanced twice, along with 2 I-tread interval workouts, Pyramid Upper Body and the 4DS Kickbox & Legs starting today. You are not fat & frumpy! It's those clothes. ;-)

Lainie:
Glad to hear you are feeling better!:D If you get that secret to getting DH to be more health minded, make sure you let me know what it is!

Have a great day!

Deb

Hi Deb, it's been in the low 40's here. But it's colder today and spitting snow. I skipped the biking, but just finished biceps and triceps.

TK, I love the bag. I love the boat. I love the beer. I think I want to move in.

Hey girlies!

I've had a busy day today. A friend of mine is quite ill, so I went over to his house and took him cold meds and a big Frosty from Wendy's for his sore throat (his request, not my idea:p) and hung out with him for a bit. Then I went a did a little shopping - got a cover for my new iPod, a new shower curtain... came home and washed all my bathroom mats, put up my new shower curtain, did four months worth of filing, did Cardio Coach Press Play and KPC abs, showered and now I'm waiting for my SO to come home so we can go out for Lebanese food! The dogs are whining so I'm assuming he's here!

I'll be back in a bit for personals!

Okay, I'm back!

Tneah - my SO could use some help too, but he won't admit it and I can't push because it'll have the opposite effect. So I just try to keep quiet and let him figure it out.

Leanne - we have a quiet New Year's too. We've tried everything - house parties, clubs, etc. and none of it was ever much fun, so we just like to stay at home and we'll probably go to bed early.

Lainie - a Shelley fix? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... how sweet!

TK - LOVE the bag! It's so cute!

Robin - do you at least get New Year's Day off? I think you need to post a pic of the 30 year old exercise bike. I'm sure it'll fit right in with TK's pic of Jane ;)

Deb - I did get a lot done yesterday, but that's the way I usually am. One of my friends likes to say that I get more done in a day than most people do in a week.:)

I feel crappy after our dinner out. I guess my stomach just didn't want all that food (actually, it wasn't excessive - some lentil soup, hummus and grilled tomato and cauliflower). I'm gonna go lie down. I'll chat at y'all tomorrow!

Hiya Melters!

Can...can I still get melty witcha!? I feel so out of the loop ;( .

I haven't had internet service for almost 2 days -- Roadrunner had some sort of a problem that affected the entire area and I couldn't get online or even send an email :eek:

I'd love to continue checking in with everyone. I was doing so well until the last few days and then it all went kerflooey! I haven't weighed myself -- I'm askeered to :p

The last of our relatives leaves tomorrow and then, after New Years Day, my life can finally return to normal. I'll look forward to seeing you all in 2008 :)

Happy New Year!! :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.