GDMT....Tuesday

deanie

Cathlete
Good morning girls-

I'm going to make this quick- no workout for me today- I'm sickx( :-( I think I have strep, so I'm hoping to go to the dr.s first thing this morning. I also have a fever- so no workout. Whens the last time I didn't workout on a scheduled day????? Ugh! I hate being sick!

have a great day all
Deanie

Are we all going to try to go to the road trip if one is announced? If you all are in, I'm in!:7

Good Morning!

Today was David Swenson's Short Forms (Deanie's Favorite!). The good news is that I am not sore from yesterday's B&G like I was sore with GS Legs for 3 days after!?!?!

Deanie--So sorry you are not feeling well. Your body needs to rest, so don't even think twice about not working out. You are right about that fact that you NEVER miss. Let us know what the dr. says. I would LOVE for all of us to be able to go on the next Road Trip! That would be so fun to meet.:7 I am woried about getting in since last year it closed in 3 minutes! I wonder if the registration will be in a lottery form.

Marcy--Did you watch Dance Wars? I didn't see it. Was it good?

Tracee--Hope you are out there!:)

Gin:)

Good morning girls! I have to start getting used to coming on here every day again. That will help me stay focused on working out again.

I got up and did PUB this morning. I only did the up portion not the down reps because I was short on time and I didn't want to totally burn out on the first day.

Gin - yes, I'm loosely going to follow Debbie's rotation and hopefully won't skip too many days. I'm a little scared about IMAX2 tomorrow but I'm just going to do what I can.

Deanie - sorry that you're sick but I agree with Gin, you're body is telling you to rest. Let us know what the doctor says. Wow, you sign up already for spring sports. Of course your spring probably starts earlier than ours does. We'll be playing the same ones this year, baseball and soccer. I'll probably be looking into getting my dd into a dance class too.

marcy - hope you're having a good day too.

I would love to go on the road trip but I don't think it will be in my budget for a very long time. We'll see what she comes up with and when.

Take care.
Tracee

Hello Girls!

Today was IMAX 3. It's been quite awhile since I did this one and it's the first time I did it from the original DVD. There was a lot less recovery time after each interval than I thought and my HR jumped so high, I had to add on extra time just to get my HR back down. I burned 503 calories. I was finally able to do all of intervals 1, 4 and 7 (always my most difficult ones.) Cathe always says they start out easy and then get harder, but one is pretty tough to start with. Here were my HRs for each interval:

1 - Step 79, Blast 94
2 - Step 80, B - 89
3 - S - 78, B - 94
4 - S - 78, B - 97
5 - S - 80, B - 96
6 - S - 88, B - 94
7 - S - 87, B - 99
8 - S - 81, B - 94
9 - S - 84, B - 92
10 -S - 83, B - 91

I don't remember my HR getting quite so high on the step last time I did it, but I was having problems breathing again this morning so I was probably working harder and I guess also because I haven't done it in a long time. I liked the stretch at the end which I never got to do before.

I took my resting HR again. I have a hard time finding my pulse, but it was between 49 and 53 which seemed about right. I'll test it for a few more days and take an average.

I just ordered P90X+ and I got it at the discount price.:)

I didn't have time to do abs this morning but I'll try and get them in tonight. I'm still doing Mindy's All About Abs and liking it.

Deanie - Get plenty of rest and hope you get well soon. I'm in for the RT this time. I just have to convince DH that I HAVE to go. Hopefully he can find things to do while I have fun with you guys.

Gin - I never really got DOMS from B&G. I think I also got more DOMS with GSL. I watched Dance Wars and I liked it. The teams were picked - there are 7 dancers on each team. The guys seem better than the girls. I'm looking forward to next week. There are no judges, America votes. Just wondering: are you able to do the headstand in DS Short Forms?

Tracee - So glad to see you back and that you're working out again. I wouldn't worry about missing a workout here and there. At least you're back doing a rotation and getting in workouts. A premix is better than nothing.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Deanie--Hope you are feeling better. Did you go to the dr? What did he/she say? I know my first year of teaching I caught everything from the kids!x(

Tracee--Glad to see you posting again! You are a day ahead of me. I do PUB tomorrrow. The schedule is pretty easy to follow: UB,Cardio, LB, rest or yoga (so far anyway).

Marcy--What were the #'s you wrote after each step and blast? That can't be your HR!? Your RHR sounds good! I have always wondered...my HR will get up so high and out of my zone (around 170) with cardio, but I feel fine until it gets to 180, then I know I need to lower it. Congrats on the p90x+ order.:p }( I have to do the headstand against the wall. Have you ever noticed how S-L-O-W-L-Y he counts to 15 on the levitation hold????:eek:

Gin:)

Gin -

Yes, the #s I wrote was the percentage of my maximum heart rate. My maximum today got up to 177. Yes, he does count slowly. It's funny how I have a much easier time with David's levitation holds than Cathe but as I've said before, because you're in lotus, everything is tight whereas with Cathe, I think your legs are hanging more which makes it harder. Hope that makes sense.

How are your new meds working out? Headaches gone yet?

Deanie - Hope you're feeling better.

Marcy

Hi all

The dr. said I have a sinus infection, and he's 99.9% sure I have strep. I also have a temp. todayx( x( I started meds for my strep today. I am allergic to penicillin, which the dr. was not happy about, so I am taking something else. Its what I usually take, and works well for me.

Gin~ I think that is going to be me this year- catching everything! Glad you're not sore today- I'm not usually sore from B&G either.

Marcy~ That's great that you got X+ with the discount! I can't wait for your reviews on it!

Tracee~ I'm glad you will be checking in again- Missed you:)

Have a great evening
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.