GDMT-----Thursday-----12.13

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

A quick post today, I am already running late. I need to be in work early today! Today I did DS 45 min. practice. I really need the yoga! My body is so tight, and the yoga helps alot! My hip flexors still are tight, but after the yoga they are better.

Gin~ Whats on the schedule today, HSTA? That was my favorite circuit till DM came out! Its really tough! I hope you had a wonderful birthday dinner/time with your son and finance(sp?) 6'3" Wow! He is tall!!yes, it would be easy to remember his age when he is so tall :)

Marcy~ Great workout yesterday!!!!Which yoga did you end up doing today?That is so great you will be close to other Cathietes! and to meet is wonderful!! I hope you find your dream house! Those areas of Georgia are supposed to be very nice. And what a change from NY!!!:) I'm only in MD, but there is no sense of urgency in the south!! Something it took DH and I a while to get used to, being from NY, and northern NJ respectively!

Tracee~ Miss you!!! I hope you check in today, even if you didn't workout!

I will try to BBL,
Busy week, should be better next week!!
Deanie:*

PS Just found out my In laws are not coming this weekend, because of the bad weather reports! Now my Fri/ and weekend have just gotten easier!:)

Good Morning DMT!

Today was HSTA. Didn't really mind all of the leg presses. I knew they were coming.:) It moves very quickly and keeps your HR up. Tomorrow is another running day with Core Max#1.

Deanie--My ds's fiance is moving to Austin in a couple of weeks. Maybe when I go to visit, I could take a live DS class!:) We had a nice dinner last night. Glad you enjoyed the yoga today.

Marcy--Was it a yoga day for you too? With the traveling that I have done, I find that the bigger the city the faster people move and the smaller the city, the slower things are. ???

Tracee--Come out and join us!!:eek:

Have a great day! Gin

Hi GDM! Yes, I'm still here but barely. I've really hit a wall and have been real close to throwing in the towel. This is what always happens to me and I wish I knew why. I've been consistent for just over a year and I'm just plain tired of getting up and exercising. That's exactly how it happened the last time I gave it up. Hopefully, I can overcome it and find something to get me on the right track.

I did manage to get up this morning and do some of LIC but the whole time I was doing it I was thinking of other things I wished I was doing. x( I don't want to bring you guys down so I've been staying away from the boards. I know you guys are here for motivation and I appreciate that!!

Maybe after the holidays I will have some new energy and be able to join you guys again. :)

It sounds like you're all doing wonderful. Marcy, that's great that you're going to move close to other Catheites!

Have a good Thursday and rest of the week. I may check in again tomorrow if I get up and exercise.

Tracee

Good Afternoon DGT!

I was real busy all morning and this is the first chance I've had to check in. I did The Flow with Mark Blanchard today from his Sedona Series. It was 58 minutes. This one moved pretty quickly; was not too difficult although there were some challenging moves. Here were some of the moves: sun salutes, chair, standing splits, there were some challenging forward bends and one where he went from a forward bend holding on to the big toe and then lifting that leg into a forward leg balance, then bringing it to the side, back to the front and then grabbing the leg with the other hand and twisting the body. He did crow three times (I'm still trying to go from crow to plank in one move but that's going to take awhile). There was also table, supine plank, pigeon, happy baby, horizontal split, plow and shoulder stand (felt pretty good - was really straight up and down and then he had us take our hands and put them on our thighs (requires lots of core strength). I also did backbends and managed to lift each leg off the floor. This one was easier and shorter than the Foundation - another one from this series.

I also did ARX today. It's working out so much better than I'm doing it on non-strength days.

Deanie - Where in NY is your DH from? It's snowing here already which cancels my plans to go dancing tonight. Bad weather always seems to happen on Thursdays! At least you'll have more time to workout this weekend without your in-laws coming.

Gin - That would be awesome if you could take a live DS class. HSTA definitely keeps the heart rate up for me too. I agree with you about the cities and the pace at which people move.

Tracee - Nice to hear from you. Sorry you're in such a rut these days. Don't worry about bringing us down. We're just glad to hear from you. You can vent anytime. I know it's got to be hard to find time with three small kids. I still worked out a little when they were still babies but after that I took many years off so it's good you're able to find time at all. I'm really excited about meeting some Catheites. Try and check in tomorrow even if you don't exercise.

Marcy

Good Afternoon All :)

Tracee~ Good to "see" you back here!!:) It is hard to excersise with 3 kids, and a full time job. But you can always check in with us anyway:7 wether you workout or not!

Marcy~ Your yoga practice today sounds good. How does he compare to DS? I think for me, to make any gains in yoga, I need to do it more than once a week, and my schedule doesn't allow that. My DH is originally from Queens NY. (Kew Gardens- I think) He has that great NY accent! Men sound so "manly" with that accent;-)! LOL. Sorry your plans are cancelled tonight. Here it is just raining, but they are predicting bad weather this weekend. So DH is picking up logs for the fireplace:)

Gin~ I would be soooo jealous if you got to take a class with David Swenson!!!:) Are you enjoying this rotation? It seems fun, with something different everyday.

Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie - I'm from Queens too! College Point to be exact. Kew Gardens is about 15 mins. away from me. Actually, my dance place cancelled tonight due to the bad weather so I don't feel so bad. It was supposed to be the holiday party so it will just be postponed till next wek.

Mark Blanchard's stuff is pretty challenging. You definitely feel worked out. I've done three of his. The first one - Vol. 3 from the Trilogy was the easiest I've done but it's not easy by any means. Today's - the Flow is about tied but the Foundation was the toughest (both of these are from the Sedona series. There is also the Core, the Stretch and the Culmination which I don't have). It was an hour of standing work which really fried my legs good. I couldn't wait to get to floor work. I feel like David does more twisting poses and more arm balances. Mark didn't do any handstands and he only said to do a headstand when you're coming out of crow pose (which I definitely cannot do). David's 2nd Series had seven different kind of headstands which were very challenging. I am still trying to pick up his first series. I assume that falls in between his 45 mins. Short Forms practice and the 2nd Series. I guess part of what I'm saying is that Mark does more standing work and David does more floor work. I personally like David better. I think he gives tips on how to get into poses. Mark doesn't instruct as much. I really do like Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness a lot. He gives great pointers, he's funny and it's a pleasure working out with him.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.