GDMT++++TGIF

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT

Today is a scheduled rest day, so I rested:) I am considering doing DM later after work, and sleeping late and resting on Sat. since we have no plans. This is the last Sat. in a long time with no plans, we have a Bar Mitzvah next Sat, then we leave on our Fl. trip the following Sat, then baseball season starts the following Sat. Okay, I think I talked myself into working out later...:)

I got my risers last night. I placed them under the board and they really are much more stable to use than the reg. risers. When I was doing chest work in 4DS with 30# I really could have used them, I was worried about the stability of the board. Very happy with the purchase:)

Gin~ I hope you feel better soon. How is DH doing? DS went to school today!:7

Marcy~ I hope you had a good workout today.

Have a great day :D
Deanie
PS- wrote a long response about what is happening at the nursery school on yesterdays thread.

Good Morning DMT!

Well, I don't know when I will feel well enough to workout again!x( I just know it's not today! My fever went up to 103 yesterday with aches and chills and then the Tamiflu made me nauseated.x( I called the director of the pre-school and she said 4 teachers would be out and they may have to combine classes if they can't find enough subs. It did snow here yesterday and I thought we would have a snow day, but no, most of the schools are open.

Deanie--I'll have to go back and read about what is going on at your pre-school. Enjoy DM this aft. Wish I could do it with you!:-( Glad you got your risers. I know you will enjoy them. DH is better and is taking care of me now.:) I wondered when you would be leaving for Florida. How long will you be there?

Marcy--Thank you for sending the Yoga Shakti info. I'm looking forward to doing it when Netflix sends it to me.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

This morning I did Mark Blanchard's Core from the Sedona series. It was a short 45 min. practice, some of it a little challenging but overall not bad. I am really sore in my back and biceps from yesterday's workout and am sorely in need of a full body deep tissue massage.

Deanie - Hope everything works out for you next year with school. I'm glad the risers are a success. How much were they? Glad DS is better. I didn't know you were going to Fla. Must have missed a post somewhere. Are you visiting family or just going on vacation?

Gin - Sounds like you have it bad. When I had the flu, it took at least a week before I was on my feet. I was so weak, the doctor actually had to make a house call. Get plenty of rest (although that's pretty much all you can do right now) because STS is coming soon!

Marcy

Gin~ I hope you feel better. Get plenty of rest!!! I'm sorry your sick. It is the pits!!! I'm glad your DH is taking care of you:) I am not surprised so many teachers are sick. There was a whole report on the news the other day about kids who go to school sick and why. (parents need to be at work:eek: ! Where are people's priorities???)I am switching next weeks cardio around to work better for me. I will be doing MIC on Sunday and 4DSkb/bc on thursday and taking Sat. off.

Marcy~ Your 45 min. practice sounds like just the right amount of time to me. I hope the stretch helped your muscles. I thought for sure I would have doms today, but no. The slanted risers were $58. including shipping. I think its a good investment. I am not going to get a weight bench, and heavy weights on a slanted board makes me nervous.

I am going to Florida for spring break. We will be visiting my parents, but it is a vacation. We got tickets to see the Mets at spring training playing the Orioles. We may live in Maryland, but we are Mets fans and will be cheering for them. (Except for my little guy, he is a big Astros fan!!:+ )

have a great day- feel better Gin!

Deanie

Deanie - I think I might have to do a stretch max tonight. I'm still achy. I'm probably going to be seeing a little more of the Mets when I move since they're National League and so are the Braves but we're still Yankee fans through and through (the funny thing is the room I'm going to use to workout in is actually decorated as a Braves room right now).

Will you be able to work out on your vacation or are you taking a full break?

Gin - Hope you're getting plenty of rest and feeling a little better.

Marcy

Marcy~ I will be taking a full break from working out.:( It will be hard, but there is no way for me to workout at my parents. They have a beautiful clubhouse in their community with great cardio equipt: rower, elliptical, treadmills etc, but guests can't use them till noon! I don't want to hold everyone up all day so I can get my workout in....well, maybe I would, but I don't think they'd wait!!LOL:) You must be sooooo excited for your workout room:) :)

Like I said, we are Mets fans, but my kids are upset they are building a new Yankees stadium. They don't want the Yankees to leave the stadium where Babe Ruth and Lou Gerhig played!!!

Gin~ Hope you are resting and drinking!!!fluids of course;-)

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.