GDMT ~ * ~ *~ * ~Tuesday 9/18

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was BM2. I liked Marcy's idea to do the Boot Camp premix, and wokeup early enough to do it!:) I enjoyed it, but boy was it hard!! Cathe uses heavy weights for a circuit in this, and my biceps are killing me already! I also had to go to my knees for some wide arm pushups!! When's the last time that happened!!!!:eek:

Very busy day yesterday, and on top of that, my DS started a new medicine for his ADD, and it wasn't working and he couldn't get it together to do his homework!!! poor guy! So today we are back on the old medication. We may have to go to a 24 hour med, which I have been putting off...... On the plus side, my other ds's guitar teacher said he is way ahead of other children his age and he has a real talent for the guitar:7 :7 That was sooo nice to hear!

Gin~ What did you do today? and did you decide what to do about this weekend? Are you going somewhere fun and exciting? Also, how are wedding plans coming? April right? :)

Marcy~ Did you do BC on BM2? I though you gave Gin good weekend suggestions, I didn't have anything to add.

Tracee~ I hope you had a great workout today!

Later~
Deanie:*

Good Morning!

I also did BM2, but the whole thing!:p I knew how long it was (100min.!), but I did not remember the order of things. So glad to hear ,Deanie that you also had to go to your knees for the wide arm pushups. I thought you guys would think I was a wimp.:(

Deanie--Sorry about your ds's meds. It is hard to figure out the right thing. Great news about the talent for the guitar. What a wonderful instrument to play! I am going to visit my parents with my DS and think I will take CM. It seems to have the least amount of equipment required. Yes the wedding is in April and we have almost decided on the rehearsal dinner site, just need to check it out in person. Maybe next week.

Tracee--How is your neck? I shouldn't have spoken so soon on the DOMS. I may have them after today's BM2!

Marcy--Did you get your dvd player fixed? Sorry about that. I can imagine that was frustrating. I also miss yoga. Need to put it back in somehow.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi Everyone!

Today I did Janis Saffell's Kickit that I got from the CIA VHS giveaway. I had a much better morning than yesterday. I got up nice and early (before 5:30). I wanted to do part 1 of this workout and then do a yoga workout but I was having so much fun I completed the whole thing which took me 2 hours! This was an awesome kickbox workout. The choreography was great, her cueing was excellent which made it really easy to follow and she gave great form pointers. I really concentrated on my form and felt everything exactly where I was supposed to feel it. There was a 10 min. warmup, 30 minutes of punching/kicking drills, 35 minutes of combos, about 20 minutes of stability/balance drills for legs and abs, 5 minutes of leg floorwork (mainly for hamstrings), 6 minutes of ab work and a 6 minute tai chi cooldown/stretch. This was one of the best workouts I've done in a long time and I felt so good after finishing. It wasn't quite as high impact as Cathe but it was very effective. I burned 566 calories for the whole workout. I've never worked out with Janis before but she's a great instructor. I really felt my whole core working in this workout and as Janis said in the workout, you are working your whole core so you don't need to do a lot of ab work after a kickboxing workout. This workout also had some wide fly pushups and stacked pushups which reminded me of P90X. There was also some plank work so it had a little bit of everything.

I might do a yoga workout on Thursday. Tomorrow is BM2 Bootcamp Premix.

Deanie - Glad my premix idea worked for you for BM2. I'm sorry your DS's meds weren't working right. I fully understand how hard it is to get homework done when they're not. I don't know what meds he's on, but Concerta worked well for my DS. There's also a new one out (I think the name is Vyanese or something similar to that). Glad your other DS is doing so well with his guitar. I played when I was younger but I liked piano much better.

Gin - Congrats on doing all of BM2:) My DVD/VCR player worked today with the VHS tape. Hopefully, DH might have time to look at it later. Glad my suggestion of CM works for the weekend.

Tracee - Hope your neck is feeling better. What workout did you do today?

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

I just finished watching the promos for the upteeth time.:) :) I am trying to get the kickbox move down: jab, cross, jab, upper cut, hook, other arm upper cut, hook. I really feel it:)

Gin~ All of BM2???!!! Good for you. When Cathe says in the begining: are you ready for a 90 min. workout? I always answer NO!! Just hearing 90 min. is a turn off for me:) I'm glad the wedding plans are progressing well! I just gave your pancake recipe to a friend I work with. They are such a big hit here, we have them twice a week! Yum:9 :9

Marcy~ Your workout today sounds good. I really like kickboxing. Was 35min. too long for combos? I usually get bored by the 3rd one with Cathe. A friend told me her daughter is on Concerta and had good results with it. The dr. yesterday (not our reg. dr./just the one on call) suggested Statera, so I have to talk to my reg. dr. tomorrow when she is in the office. My concern is, with Statera, some kids still need the ritalin, and thats just so much medication (insert concerned smilie face!) We have had great results with the 8 hour ritalin, but he needs another dose to get him thru the homework. I was trying to jsut get him on one pill for 12 hours. I feel so bad having to have him take meds. at 6:30 again at 7:30 and again after school for homework. (He takes meds at 6:30 or else breakfast is a dissaster! and its a small dose to get us thru.) I played flute when I was younger thru H.S. I hated it, but my parents thought I was good, maybe the little guy gets it from me. I always wanted to play guitar, but when in H.S. I was kinda jappy, and didn't want to cut my nails to play.:+

Tracee~ I hope your having a great day, and your neck is feeliing better!

Wow!! :) I am "chatty" today :) making up for yesterday maybe!:)

Deanie:D

Hi Again!

Deanie - 35 mins. wasn't too long for combos. Like I said, I was having so much fun, I really wasn't watching the clock. She's very good at cueing, so they came very easily. These combos have a little more complexity than Cathe's. I think my son's Concerta lasted for 12 hours but it's been awhile. He was on Strattera but it didn't help him at all. I thought it would be good because it didn't have any stimulants in it, but he still needed the stimulants. My DS had a major problem with breakfast (and all eating in general). He's still thin now but I'm glad he grew more than the doctor originally said. He's about 5'6" now. The endocrinologist thought he wouldn't grow past 5'2".

I find if I say the moves in my head, I don't have a problem with them.

Marcy

Hi Again!

When you guys watch the clip, can you hear Cathe breathing? I love it! Work, Work! We did some of those kickbox jabs and punches on the RT and it's fun when you get it down. I can feel those DOMS already!}( :7 }(

Marcy--Sounds as if you had a great Kickbox workout this am. and 2 hours?? Good going! Which yoga will you do tomorrow?

Deanie--Glad you like the pancake recipe. I need to make some more to put in the freezer.:9 "Jappy?" I think I know the meaning, but not sure. I used to love to have nice manicured nails, but not when you teach pre-school, unless you have the sculptured ones. Not me anymore. How do you like the enrichment time? Do you do that on certain days?

Off to color my hair max! Seems like I just did that!

Gin - I'm a day off from you guys, so I have BM2 Bootcamp Premix tomorrow. Thursday I'll probably do Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. I'm on the verge of getting extensions on my nails. I know they're not good for my nails. I've been trying real hard to grow my own but every time I get them to a good length, they start breaking or chipping or peeling.

The kickbox combo sounds like a lot of fun and the step looks like she has a lot of new moves. Can't wait! I'll have to go check the clip again to hear Cathe's breathing! If she's breathing heavy, I think we're in for some intense cardio!

Marcy

Hi guys :) I probably missed you guys but....

Gin~ I can't describe jappy~ Its like an attitude with long painted nails, nonpreppy clothes and lots of makeup (although I just had the clothes and kinda the attitude, no makeup) I think it stands for Jewish American Princess.(I think its a new york/new jersey thing~ )Although I've had my nails done in the spring, its is only a birthday thing for me. Mostly I keep my nails short, between the nursery school and lifting weights long nails just don't cut it. Enrichment was fun~ we did "cleaning pennies" with vinegar/salt solution. Made it like an experiment with variations for what would clean the pennies. Does that make sense?:)

Marcy~ I am writing Concerta down to discuss with my dr. She thought this new meds (Focalin XR) were going to be good because it is close to ritalin. Do you think your DSs height has to do with him being on the meds? I do worry about that because he is short now. Although I was always the shortest, It was okay because I'm a girl. I'm 5'2 and DH is onnly 5'9 so DS won't be that tall to begin with. But still I wonder if the meds are playing a part. He was/is always skinny anyway, but he does eat and he eats healthy.

Hi Tracee :7

Trying a new vegetarian black bean recipie tonight. I hope it comes out good~ the picture looks good :)

Have a good evening!
Deanie

Deanie - I always thought DS took after me because I was always real thin when I was young. My ex was 6 feet and very broadchested which DS definitely is not. The meds definitely were a big part in his lack of appetite. There are times when he could eat up a storm but mostly it was a real chore trying to get him to eat. He hasn't been on meds now for a couple of years. Our pediatrician thought he would grow to 5'9" so he's kind of in between what our ped said and what the endocrinologist said. My DD is 5'1" and I'm 5'2". Now that he's not on meds, he does eat but still not regularly. How old is DS? My DS always looked young and acted young for his age.

Marcy

Deanie--I have done the cleaning pennies experiment....fun! Another fun one with money is to see how many drops of water (using an eye dropper) will fit on a penny, nickel,etc. before spilling over. You would be surprised.

My DS has been on ADD meds for years. It did and does affect his appetite, but apparently not his growth. He is 6'2", but my family is quite tall. I am the shrimp at 5'6".

Have a good evening!

Marcy~ DS is 11, and he too looks young and acts young for his age. He has a total lack of appetite and eats a meal replacement bar (I hope):) for lunch. Its all he's interested in. He does come home and has a huge snack: junk food (cookies or donuts or cake) then a fruit and a yogert. He has always been thin though, and I was too at that age.

Gin~I like the drops on a penny idea!!:) I didn't know your DS has ADD also. I am glad to hear the meds didn't hurt his growth! 6'2 is tall!! :)

Thanks guys:7 :7 !
Have a good evening
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.