GDMT--->Work, Work, Wednesday<--

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!

Today was 4DS legs premix. I used the warm up from GS legs and to stretch afterwards I did Stretch Max #1.I have never done this premix before and after kickbox only yesterday (where there is some leg work) I thought next week I would do the workout as is. But I have to say, doing legs alone gave me a really good workout. It was the legs from kickbox and the calf work from LIS. I will be doing it again next week this way!!

Gin~ Here is my schedule for next week(it is the same as I am doing this week):
monday: HIS
tuesday: kickbox only
wednesday: legs premix and stretch max
thursday: LIS
fri: BC
sat: HIIT on treadmill and stretch max #3 (or off because I will be starting the new rotation on Sun. so I'll see how I feel)
I am adding an extra day of cardio- the 20min. of HIIT. Looking forward to doing it together.:) What did you do today? Interesting and confusing--your doctors advice/opinions. What are you going to do now?

Marcy~ WELL?????Hoping for some good news:) Are you feeling better today (more rested?) Hope you had a good workout!

Hi Tracee!

PAJAMA DAY!:7 :+ I am in my VS sweats/lounge wear (sweatpants and thermal top) that I actually sleep in, and I feel weird wearing it with sneakers! I'm looking forward to a fun day!!:7

Have a great day!
BBL,
Deanie:*

Good Morning DMT!

Today I ran 3 miles and then GS BSB. This is one of my favorite weight workouts of Cathe's. I was able to stay with her weight selection on everything except I had to stay at 15# with concentration curls when she went up to 20# on the 2nd set!:)

Deanie--I prefer the legs all together. I have done the KB legs + LIS calves before. I like the w/u and stretch that you added. I will try to follow your rotation next week. I may have to switch Fri & Sat. When you do HIIT on the TM, do you w/u, jog or walk, then sprint, repeat? And how many and how long are your intervals? I am curious about trying to do this.
I think I am going to continue with the new meds until they run out (2 weeks) and then stop unless my headaches dramatically decrease.:eek: I was more upset last night and needed to vent. It's just $, right?
Enjoy your pj day! I wore pink flannel "Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory" pjs and big pink houseshoes! I was quite toasty in flannel all day!:p

Marcy-Keep us posted with the house news!:)

Hi Tracee!
Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

It feels good to actually post in the morning again. Things have calmed down a little bit. I lost a pound since I got back. YAYY! I'm sure I'll go back down to normal (around 122-123) in no time. I did Total Body+ today (first time). It would have been too hard to fit in the splits this week. I had a good workout; burned 433 calories and did 6 chinups all together. Lots of pushups/pullups again. Some variations on the pullups/chinups. There were balance curls - bicep curls balancing on one leg (used 10#). There was 3&3 - a squat, pushup, pullup move (3 of each). The only problem is I have to run up to do the pullups. I realized I should've just done all the moves in the bedroom and then come back down but I guess my brain wasn't working too swiftly this morning. There was Mr. Moon (1/2 moon pose from yoga and twisting half moon) (I liked this one). There was weighted warrior (Warrior 2 with weight - really felt it in the shoulders - I used 8#, then 5#). There was Sumo Chair - jump into sumo squat and then back into chair position (this was tough on the quads). There were the usual lunge/twisting moves. He also did a deadlift/curl/press (I used 13#) and a step kickback chair position (triceps) (I used 15#). Didn't go too heavy with the weights because I didn't know what to expect but whatever I chose wound up being okay. I thought the workout was a little light on the biceps but you are using the biceps for chinups. I liked the workout. I think it's a 45 min. workout but it took me a lot longer between running up and down the stairs and having to rewind to look at certain moves a second time.

I hope I get good news today about the house. I'm trying to stay positive.

Gin - Did the gyno suggest anything else for you since he wants you off the other meds? Just curious - have you ever tried acupuncture? Have you had a CAT scan done? GSBS&B is one of my top strength workouts. I really like that one. The pink PJs sounds great and oh, so comfy!

Deanie - Your leg workout sounds good. Split workouts always work better for me.

Hi Tracee!

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Gin~ Great workout! Very impressive with the concentration curls. I don't think I go up to 20# either in that workout for biceps! Its harder when you keep working the same muscle as opposed to the push/pull of 4DS!

Here is the sprint 8 (HIIT) program as written in the book that came with my treadmill:
1.warm up (3 min) (I do level 3.4)
2. interval training (14:30 min.) starts immediately after the warm up with a 30 second sprint interval: changing both speed and elevation. Seven recovery intervals of one minute and 30 seconds will alternate with the eight 30 second sprint intervals. The sprints will increase speed and elevation at the 3rd and 5th interval. The recovery speed is about 2-3 mph slower than your sprint and the recovery elevation is 0.
3. Cool down (2.30 min)

What this means for me: (level 11)
1. warm up-- I do 3.4 mph for 3 min.
2. sprints--
sprints 1-2--- 6.5 mph with #6 incline
sprints 3-4--- 7 mph with #6 incline
sprints 5-8 --- 7.5 mph with #6 incline
recovery is always 4.5 mph with no incline
3. cool down-- I start at 4.5 and gradually go to 2.0--> I usually do the programed cool down at 4.5 then restart the treadmill and walk starting at 3.4 going to 2.0
I run/jog thru the workout. I can't walk at 4.5 mph.(I think my legs are to short:)) Let me know how it goes for you!! You can probably go higher mph, Ms. Cardio Queen:)

Marcy~ I am keeping my fingers crossed today for you about your house. Glad you enjoyed your workout. I prefer split workouts too, but for some reason, I just LOVE the 4DS and don't mind doing cardio on the same day as weights:):7 It sounds like you ordered STS!!:)

I saw somewhere??? that Cathe has a start date in mind but doesn't want to let the "cat out of the bag" untill its more definate and there are a few more practices. I was thinking probably March 3rd.... I'm sure as I write this she is writing on the blog that filming has started!!!LOL:7 I am wondering how long it will be from begining to end and we have STS in our hot little hands??? It would be nice to have by June, but I don't think so.

Have a great day
Deanie

Hi Again!

Marcy--Yes, I have had a CAT scan and tried acupunture (which did not help).:-( My gyno called his adult daughter who lives in Dallas to ask the name of the neurologist that she goes to and gave me his name. My doc is very nice and does want to help me. But, Dallas is an hour drive from me and I am not so anxious about starting all over again with yet another doctor! My doc also said that I should be careful about taking my pain med so often b/c it can cause liver damage.x( He did say something about the possiblity of Botox injections helping headache pain.
Let us know when you hear something about your house!

Deanie--How was PJ Day?
Going a little heavier than usual today with the weights was tough for me. I'm sure I looked like this:x( Seriously!
Thank you for posting the HIIT routine. I will make a copy. I don't have access to a TM right now, so I would have to do this outside!
Originally I thought we might have STS by June, but I don't know. 4ds was filmed in June and we got it in Oct. and that was a lot less to film!

Off to look at Rehearsal Dinner invites and shoes to go with my dress. I like to be an early bird!:)
Gin

Okay...I was wrong. 4ds filming began in July last year.
Did you guys see Chris' response in OD replying to the poster who wanted a refund? He said it will take 12 days to film, there will be over 40 workouts and 30 hours of film. Roughly $5 a workout. Such a bargain when you put it that way! Go for it, Marcy!!;-)

Gin:)

Gin - I'm so sorry you're having all these headaches with your headaches. I don't blame you for not wanting to travel an hour. You've done so much already. Hope you find a solution soon.

Deanie - No, I haven't preordered yet. I'm trying to wait until the last possible moment. Things are a little tight at the moment with $$.

I did see Chris' response. I do think it's a good deal but it's just a big chunk of change all at once.

The house - Our conteroffer was pretty much accepted except for one problem - the Sellers want to stay in their house 2 days after closing. I put in that we wanted $100 a day for our hotel expenses. I thought I was being pretty reasonable since I didn't even put in that I would probably have storage expenses and possibly have to hire another mover to get things out of storage and into the house. They didn't want to give us anything. Technically, it's not their house anymore, it's ours and they just want to stay there for free and have us accumulate all these extra expenses to make it easier on them. My broker left a voicemail for theirs and I should hear back in a couple of hours. I don't want the whole deal to fall through because of this. My broker was nice enough to say she'd pay for our hotel expenses. I said I appreciated it but that shouldn't be something she should have to do but she didn't want the whole deal to fall through just because of this one thing.

I think our buyer finally signed the contract but according to my other broker "she said she signed papers but she wasn't sure what they were and she recalls writing out a check". My broker said she's a little wacky and dense. Why do I always get stuck with these difficult people to deal with?x(

Marcy

Marcy~ for what its worth, I think you are right. When we bought our home we live in now the seller wanted to rent back for 5 weeks. He paid for that privilage, he had no problem with it. Just remember- things work out one way or another, the way they should. I hope it can all be worked out for you the way you want.

Gin~ Sorry you are having so much problems with your headaches!! I wouldn't want to travel an hour either unless it was a SURE thing! I did see Chris's response, and I think he is right, but I still say, its a lot of $$$ to lay out all at once, even if it is for 40 workouts! I did it, but I definately cringed and do feel guilty spending so much on workouts for me, and then the push up bar thingys and the plate mates, okay, now I'm rambling:p but you get my point!LOL Did you find shoes and invites? I am looking at centerpieces this month for the barmitzvah. I also like to be an early bird. I hate getting caught unaware last minute!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.