GDMT---->Nasty low end Thursday<----

deanie

Cathlete
Goooood Morning GMT :)

Today was Leaner legs! Maybe it should be called Nasty low end legs! We did low ends for every move!!! I wasn't sure I was going to make it with the low ends on the on lunges!! And the one legged squats-- don't get me started!:eek: Muscle Endurance is sooooo much harder a workout for me than heavy lifting! I used the same weights as Cathe, and thought it would be to light, but it was fine.

Gin~ I wonder if we are posting at the same time?:) How was LL for you today? I may end up doing DM tomorrow after school also, that way I have one weekend day off..... we'll see. Big news at the nursery school staff meeting, more later (cliff hanger!:) )

Marcy~ What yoga did you do today? I hope you have a kinder day at the office today!

Hi Tracee!

Have a great day today!
Deanie:*

Forgot to add--
I am supposed to be getting my risers today! UPS usually comes in the evening! I have to look at the schedule next week, I think I will have to wait to use them. I have no desire to use them as a step workout, just as a decline bench.

Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Okay no LL today for me. It will be FluMax and RestMax for me today!! BLAHHHH!!x( My DH kept saying how sweet I was to be taking care of him and I said, "Well, you need to be well to take care of me when I catch it!"

Deanie--Was your ds able to go back to school today? Sorry about those "nasty low ends". I know last time I was seeing stars! Maybe I can get that one in next week.
You do have me curious about your school meeting news!
My director called yesterday and wanted to meet with me after school today concerning something for next year. That is all she would say. Now I may have to wait until next week.
You can't really use the slanted riser for step, can you? I would surely break my neck.

Hi Marcy! I would love to see poses done in Yoga Shakti, but please don't go to any trouble!

We may get snow here tonight! Snow in TX in March!?!?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi Ladies!

Today was Absolute Kickboxing. I had a great workout. This is what you call a real total body workout. There was also a weighted core section which was great that had standing and seated abs and I really felt my core working. It was about 95 minutes long and I burned 499 calories. My HR was in the zone for over an hour.

Just wanted to say I'm really glad Cathe's making a leg section in STS for people not getting a squat rack. I liked seeing the plyo moves (split jumps).

Work is very quiet right now and it's pure bliss.

House news: My buyer still hasn't even scheduled her closing on her house yet. She's still totally clueless about what she's supposed to do - applying for a mortgage, getting an appraisal, inspection, etc. I think she waits for her sister-in-law (lawyer) for everything but I think that's the problem. It takes forever for her SIL to get back to anyone! My DH says he think things are still going to happen but just maybe a little later than we would have hoped. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Deanie - I hope you're happy with your slanted risers. I agree endurance is so much harder than heavy lifting. I feel like I got an endurance workout today with the combat intervals. You're supposed to use a body bar no more than 9# but all I have is the bar from my barbell which is 10#. There's either 3 or 4 intervals and you really feel things working - my shoulders and back are a little sore right now.

Gin - Sorry to hear you've got the flu. I had it years ago and you have my sympathies. Hope you don't get too much snow. I don't suppose you have a snowblower. I'll send you the yoga matrix later on today. It really helped me figure out what I wanted to do.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Gin~ I am so sorry to hear you have the flu!!!! I suppose it was only a matter of time, with DH sick and the kids coming to school sick. The little girl who was in my lap yesterday and hugging me all day today went home early today, she had a fever!:eek: I hope you feel better soon. I hope your director has good news for you! Hopefully you will get snow-- I love the snow:)

Marcy~ Wow! your workout sounds fun! You may be sore tomorrow though!;-) I am sure it will all work out with your house. It seems she just doesn't have a clue!

School news::: enrollment is down. Apparently it is down all over Montgomery County (where we live) for nursery schools. This is a really expensive area to live in, especially the last few years, and most people now are 2 income families and need longer times for their kids to be in school. so the director is looking into having us stay open till 3pm, but we are not liscensed or equipt for longer hours, so we aren't sure what will be. For next year though, she said she is not sure if she will have enough students to warent (sp?) having 3 teachers in the 3's and 4's. The 3's have 2 classes, with each class having one teacher and 2 asst. The 4's (me) have 2 classes, with 2 teachers and one asst. Both the 3 and 4's may have to go to only 2 teachers, which leaves the questions of: will it be one teacher/one asst. in the 4's or 2 teachers and no asst??? And what happens to the people not needed? The director says there are "shadow" jobs that will be open, but for me personally, I am not interested in that. So for now, and probably thru August, it is a big waiting game, will more kids sign up? Will I be in a class?
My friend and I said we would teach enrichments only if need be (we talked to each other, not the director) The director will be talking to each of us individually when she gets back from Italy. She is going to Italy for some big seminar on the Reggio teaching and won't be back for 2 weeks!!!:eek: x( I guess once I have a conference with her, I will have a better idea of what's going to happen for me personally.

Wow did I write a book!LOL:) Anyway, not to much stress at work!:p

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.