GDMT^ * ^ * Thursday ^ * ^ * 9/20

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was SJP. Fun!:) Its been a long time since I did the whole thing. I also used an 8" step, since the cardio is not so intense.

Just read the posts from last night, this is my story :) : In high school and college I was about 106-108, and a size 3 or 5. After college I was a 2 sometimes, mostly a 4. After my second preg. I couldn't loose the last 10 pounds and went on WW, and got back down to 106. Previously I had been doing exclusively only yoga. Now, with Cathe and heavy weights I'm at 117 and usually a 2 sometimes a 0. But really, I am the same size, its the sizing I think is wacky.;) My DH and I were laughing the other day, because I still have clothes (and love them~ i.e. jeans) from before I met him (in '92) that fit me! Of course they are boys jeans and a size 28, which interestingly, I still wear that size mens Levis. Hmmmm..... guess men don't have vanity sizing!:eek:

Wearing my new Justin boots today, not sure if they are the right size or not.... the heel is kinda loose, but the boot people keep telling me thats the way they are supposed to fit. They are my right size(6) and they don't run large, so ..... I really like them and they don't come in a 5 1/2 size, so I guess I will keep them.

Gin~ SJP? Did ya have fun???:7 Did you sign up for Ann Taylor teacher discounts? Last week I bought 2 pair of cords~love them! I just realized, you may not wear cords. How cold does it get in Texas where you are?

Tracee~ What did you do today?

Marcy~ What is on your agenda today? How is the house selling coming? I know the market is really hard here for sellers.

BBL,
Deanie:*

Good morning GDM!

Today I decided to make a rest day. I didn't want to do more cardio and didn't want to do heavy weights so just decided to doze in and out of sleep for the extra hour. :)

Marcy - I did watch BL and wasn't surprised that Lezlye went home. I love to watch the transformations on the show and I love to see how much weight everyone has lost each week. However, they drag the weigh in part of the show out so much that I'm afraid it's going to get too boring, especially with 3 teams in it.

Gin - Yes, I'm just over 5'6. I usually wore a size 6 or 8 in my adult years and weighed around 135. In high school I weighed 125 and was involved in sports. In the last year I have been buying size 4 or 2. However, in the last month or so if I wear some of my older pants that sit at the waist I need to wear a size 6.

Deanie - great job on SJP. I'm going to do that one tomorrow. It's been a long time since I've done the whole thing so I hope I get up in time.

BBL
Tracee

Good Morning!

Today I also did SJP and I was thinking that I should have been on an 8" step. The step portion is a lot easier than the rest. Those one legged squats get me everytime!!}( :p :eek:

Deanie--I happened to go to Ann Taylor Loft yesterday and bought 2 pants (they had buy one, get 2nd pair 1/2 off) and a sweater and a skirt....all 20% off with teacher discount. Our coldest winter days are usually in the 30's, which is cold enough for me. We don't usually get that cold until Jan.

Hi Tracee and Marcy--Have a great day/workout!

Gin:)

Good Morning!

I had a great yoga practice this morning with Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. I did one of the preset practices - Solar Flow 1 - Arm Balances & Hip Openers. This was what I did:

Solar Meditation & Pranayama
Surya Namaskar A&B
Dancing Warrior 1 - chaturanga vinyasas & standing splits
Dancing Warrior 4- Warrior 1, Reverse Warrior and bend over stretched leg (I forget the name of the pose)
Ha Kriya - In plie position, breathing through the belly arms up and in and arms outstretched in front of you and in.
Core Abs - Levitation holds (did these without being in lotus:)), boat, crow & arm balances
Standing Pose Flow 1 - arm balances
Shoulder Openers - she used a block and a strap but I didn't use any equipment.
Handstand - I did these against the wall and was able to push away from the wall and hold for a few seconds. Also did headstands against wall.
Backbend Flow 1 - Cobra & locust
Backbend Flow 2 - Intermediate backbend
Supine Poses - Twisting poses
Shavasana - Deep relaxation

I liked the way she worked up to backbends which I definitely felt in my hams and glutes.

Deanie - House selling isn't going so well. We still haven't had one offer yet:(. I hope the interest rate cut will help the situation.

Tracee - I agree the weigh-in was a tad long (45 mins). I think the weight loss was much more realistic this week. I wonder if they'll have a woman win this year. I know physically it's easier for men to lose weight because they have more muscle. Maybe one season they'll have a separate men and women's winner. I think it would also be good if they measured body fat. They might be losing weight but you wonder how much is muscle loss and how much is fat loss and I know in the beginning it might be a lot of water loss as well.

Gin - I also do SJP on 8". The weight work in BM2 was tougher for me than SJP.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.