GDMT^^^Wild Wednesday^ ^ ^ 1.2.08

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was Back and Bi and ARX. A good workout, though I wasn't sure where to start with weights, and will be upping next time. I was able to do all the pullups, with the help of a chair and doing them negitively:)!Here are my stats for the weighted work:

Lawnmowers: 8 reps at 35#
21s: 15#
One-Arm Cross Body Curls: 13 reps @15#
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers: 8 reps @ 35#
Standing Bicep Curls: 10 reps @ 17#
One-Arm Concentration Curls: 8 reps, 17#
Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows: 7 reps, 30#
Open Arm Curls: 8 reps, 15#
Static Arm Curls: 16 reps, 12#
Congdon Locomotives: 40 reps, 12#(every one does 40)
Crouching Cohen Curls: 8 reps, 15#
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls: 14 reps, 15#
Seated Bent-Over Flys: 12 reps, 15#
Curl-Up/Hammer Downs: 12 reps, 15#
Hammer Curls: 8 reps, 15#
In-Out Hammer Curls: 6 reps, 15#
Strip-Set Curls: 7 reps @ 17#, 8 reps: 15#, 12#, 10#

by the end of the workout, my biceps were feeling it! for the last excersise, I could only do 7 reps at 17#: my right arm would not even lift for the last rep! but when I dropped to 15#, I was okay. Something to work for:)

Gin: What's on the schedule today? Did I see Scrambled Eggs? Man, that's hard! }( }( Enjoy your next few days off. It was hard getting up so early today:)

Marcy: did you get your workout in last night? Your stats for c,sh,t blew me away- you did great girl}( Now I have a challenge!:7 So, what did you do today? Back and bi or cardio? When do you go back to work?

Tracee: I hope you are around today! Did you get any time off? Are your kids back to school today?

Have a great day girls!
Later
Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was BM2 Cardio Blast premix. "This is a blast, so act like you're having one." I was going to do Scrambled Eggs, but then realized that it has all of the leg portion and I'm doing GS Legs tomorrow.
Took down all of the Christams decoration, except for the tree. With 160 needlepoint items alone, it takes a while. Can you say,"obsessive"? I plan to go out again today and look for a Mother of the Groom dress, hoping I'll find something on sale. I looked in Houston with no luck!:-(

Deanie--Great Workout today! Hope you enjoy your first day back to school. Are the kids calm or excited to be back or both? Glad I still have a few more days.

Marcy--Are you back at work? We missed you yesterday.

Tracee--I hope you are still out there!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

It's not exactly a good morning for me. I slept horrible last night. Woke up at 2 a.m. I worked out last night and tried to stay up late enough so I'd be totally wiped out but it didn't work. I'm back at work today. I did Tracey's High Intensity Step Mix 2 last night. This was lots of fun and I burned 553 calories. She does 10 intervals and after each interval, she repeats the previous step combo so you really become familiar with the choreography. She did have tuck jumps in the first interval but I don't think her intervals are quite as intense as Cathe (which is fine with me). This morning I did Back & Biceps and was really wiped out from not sleeping and had no strength. I think I have more energy to work out in the Here are my stats:

Lawnmowers: 9 reps at 35#
21s: 16#
One-Arm Cross Body Curls: 9 reps @ 16#
Elbows-Out Lawnmowers: 8 reps @ 36#
Standing Bicep Curls: 8 reps @ 19#
One-Arm Concentration Curls: 8 reps, 19#
Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows: 10 reps, 29# (I wanted to do 31# which is what I left off at on the last rotation but my strength was fading fast)
Open Arm Curls: 7 reps, 19#
Static Arm Curls: 16 reps, 15#
Congdon Locomotives: 40 reps, 19#
Crouching Cohen Curls: 7 reps, 19#
One-Arm Corkscrew Curls: 8 reps, 19#
Seated Bent-Over Flys: 12 reps, 15# (will go higher next time)
Curl-Up/Hammer Downs: 8 reps, 15#
Hammer Curls: 7 1/2 reps, 16#
In-Out Hammer Curls: 11 reps, 15#
Strip-Set Curls: Didn't do these. Had no strength left. I was surprised I got this far. This was always a tough exercise for me.

I also took down all of my Christmas decorations yesterday so my living room is back to normal. A couple of my ornaments got slightly damaged. DH has quite a few in need of repair. I think I'm going to have to get that glue they keep advertising.

Deanie - CST actually seemed easier to me than B&B. My pullups/chinups were a disaster today. Didn't do one complete one of any of them. How were they for you today with the new bar?

Gin - 160 needlepoint items! Wow! You should post a picture so we can see all of your lovely work. At least you have a beautiful obsession. Someone at work once asked if I would sell him something I made, but I couldn't bear to part with it after all the work I'd put into it. BM2 Cardio Blast is intense for me. I think I'm going more for fun these days rather than intensity between the weather and my energy level. Good luck trying to find a dress.

Tracee - Hi! Hope you'll be back with us soon.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Gin~ I hope dress shopping was successfull. Do you have a Nordstroms by you? I think my mom got her dress for my brothers wedding from there. really nice stuff. How was BM2? those blasts are hard, its like Imax 4! You do have a lot of orniments, but I'm sure they all look beautiful. Homemade stuff always adds more:)

Marcy~ Back to work!! Me toox( So funny, a weekend off and we are ready for monday, 10 days off and we don't want to go back! LOL!! Great workout today for being wiped out. Imagine if you were on your game!!!!}( ;-) I did use the pullup bar today:) I did negative pullups and was able to do a lot. I mostly followed what the girl in the dvd did (except at the end when she did the crazy corn cob pullup- I just did regular pullups)

*****Exciting news***** I got my new dvds today!!!! I will be able to use legs and back this week. Although previewing it, it looks HARD!! I hope I will be able to walk afterwards:p It looks like if any weights are used, they are about 5#.

Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie - Congrats on getting your DVDs! The most I've used in Legs & Back is 10# but you could use nothing and still get a good workout. I'm sure you'll be able to walk afterwards. I'm so looking forward to yoga tomorrow. My hamstrings are really tight today and I have DOMS from CST. I don't think I gave myself enough rest between upper body workouts. Now that DH and I are back to work, I'll be able to get back on a more normal schedule. That corn cob pullup is crazy. It'll be a miracle if I ever do a full one. I'll probably be ordering the P90X+ DVDs from Jess (MDB said they never received my order.:( DH doesn't want me ordering anymore until we move but they sound too great to wait.

Marcy

Hi Again!

Marcy--So sorry you still are having trouble sleeping. That is no fun. I am impressed that you can still workout! My DH took several pictures of my needlepoint yesterday as we were putting it away, so I'll e-mail both of you a few pics.:p I guess the intensity of BM2 cardio is like IMAX. I burned around 400-450 calories. My HRM will sometimes just turn off, so it's hard to tell.

Deanie--Congrats on getting your p90x dvds! Let me know what you think. It's funny that you mentioned Nordstrom's. That is where I happened to go today. Maybe the store near me is one of their smaller ones, but they had very little to choose from. I tried on 2 dresses, but they were both just okay. I still have over 3 months, I don't like to wait until the last minute.

Gin:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.