GDMT* * *Monster Monday* * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Title thanks to my DS8 :)

Today was the last day of Chest and Back for the month. I did better today than I expected- its TTOM, and I couldn't get out of bed this morning!(I actually thought about starting the week on Tuesday and taking today off!- but you know me, I got out of bed!) I also did ab ripper X today. I raised my weights for all the weight work. All the pushups, I did the same as round one last week, but round two this week I increased all but the decline pushups + divebomber pushups.

Stats:
standard pushup: 30,35(second round-lifted leg-switched every 5)up 4
wide front pull ups (used band) 25,27
military push ups: 30,35- up 4
reverse grip chin ups(used band) 25,27
wide fly push ups: 30,32- up 1
closed grip overhand pull ups: (with band),25,27
decline pushups:30,31 (same)
heavy pants: both rounds 8 reps: both at 30# - up 5#
diamond push ups: 30,35! :) - up 4
lawnmowers: both rounds 8 reps: both at 35# - up 5#
divebombers:22,23 (same as last week)
back flys: 1st round 8 reps, second round 10 reps: both at 22#- up 2#

This is a hard workout, I wonder if I will be able to match my #'s when I come back to it in week 9!

Gin~ I hope you are enjoying your DS's visit. You have a nice break from school, we are only off from the 21st thru the 1st. We go back the 2nd. What did you do today?

Marcy~ I hope you finally got a good nights sleep!!!!! I also hope you can work everything out about your house! How'd you do today? Nice to know we don't have to do this next week. Even though I am enjoying it, its hard!}(

Tracee~ I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Did you get alot of snow???

Later
Deanie:*

Hi Ladies!

On Saturday night, I managed to do Legs & Back. I managed to do 2 full chinups and made it to bar level on the wide front pullup, closed grip overhand pullup and switch grip pullup. Yesterday, I did Ab Ripper X and Element Ballet Conditioning with Elise Gulan. This was a new workout I've been dying to try. It's about 50 mins. and basically a barre routine with demi and grand plies with releves, tendus, frappes, developpes, rond du jambe a terre and en lair and grand battements. Center work consisted of changements and echappes (5th and 2nd position). There was about 5 minutes of core work - slow bicycles (I think these are so much more effective than the fast kind), something like Fifer Scissors and slow rollups and then a few minutes of stretches. She incorporated port de bras (arms) throughout. She also used English and French terms. I liked this. I'm still a little rusty and I still have room to grow with this one.

Ab Ripper X is getting much easier for me. After this week, I might do some different ab work.

This morning I did Chest & Back (no ARX). I only did one round as I'm still sick and didn't have enough energy to continue.

Stats:
standard pushup: 37 (up 5)
wide front pull ups - 1 between 3/4 and the bar, 2 @ 3/4, 1 @ 1/2
military push ups: 25 (up 7)
reverse grip chin ups: 1 full, 1 bet 3/4 and bar, 1 @ 3/4, 1 @ 1/2
wide fly push ups: 26 (up 3)
closed grip overhand pull ups: 1 bet. 3/4 & bar, 1 @ 3/4, 1 @ 1/2
decline pushups: 25 (up 5)
heavy pants: both rounds 8 reps: 33# (down 2#)
diamond push ups: 20 (up 3)
lawnmowers: 12 reps @ 35# (up 3 reps)
divebombers: 15 (up 2)
back flys: 8 reps @ 25# (up 2#)

The meds are working although I still got up in the middle of the night but was able to get back to sleep relatively quickly. He changed my asthma meds. I told him I was moving and he said he would find me an allergist down there.

Gin - We're going to see Howie Mandel on January 12th. My DH has been wanting to see him for the longest time and we got great tickets about 7 rows from the stage.

Deanie - Great workout! You're like a machine! I am really looking forward to our recovery week.

Hi Tracee! Hope you're doing okay and you're not snowed in. It's really cold here today and I hate it.x(

Have a great day!

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I had computer problems this a.m. and couldn't post. I ran 3 miles ( in 32 degree weather...Brrr!) and then did SJP all cardio premix.

My ds has really become a workout fanatic. He says he is never sore anymore. Does that mean he needs to change things up or is that okay?

Deanie--What a tough workout for you today!}( Pushups galore! Is next week recovery?:7

Marcy--I don't know all of your ballet terms, but I can just imagine how very graceful you are doing all it all! I wanted to take ballet when I was a little girl, but my mother wanted me to play the piano instead. Can't even read notes anymore though.:-( Another great p90x w/o for you too! Enjoy Howie Mandel next month!

Have a great evening!
Gin:)

Hi Gin!

I didn't think it got that cold down in Texas! Maybe DS does need to change things up a little. Does DS ever run with you? Has he ever tried one of Cathe's workouts? Maybe he should try P90X. I took ballet and piano when I was little. I still read music but don't play anymore. Next week is recovery week. YAYYYYY!

Marcy

Marcy--I'm sure you are gone, but thought you might see this tomorrow. This is about as cold as it gets here. DS runs with DH in the early evening, but he is much faster than either of us, so they start together and end together, but will end up going different distances. He seemed opened to trying my Core Synergistics. He likes to workout at the gym but did seem open to me showing him some of Cathe's exercises. That's fun for me.:)

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.