GDMT* * *Manic Monday* * *1.7

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was Chest, shoulders, tri and ARX with Tony! I got a great workout surprisingly. I felt horrible last night, slept badly, and my throat is sore. I think I have a really bad cold! I took some of the kids cough/cold/sore throat meds!!LOL Hoping to feel better. I did take my temp (none) so of course I worked out!!!x( }( What is wrong with me???!!! A normal person probably would have gone back to bed!!

Stats:
Slow-Motion 3-in-1 pushups:12+ 17bonus (up one bonus)
In & Out Shoulder Flys: 16reps-10#
Chair Dips: feet on chair, switched lifted leg every 5, total 44 (up 4)
Plange Pushups: 20 (up 2)
Pike Presses: 20, feet on high step (up 5)
Side Tri-Rises: 25 (up 5)
Floor Flys: 24 (up 8)
Scarecrows: 8 reps, 10#
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 10 reps, 15# (up 3#)
Two-Twitch Speed Push-ups: 21 (3 sets)
Y-Presses: 8 reps, 15# (up 3#)
Lying Tricep Extensions: 8reps, 15#
Side-to-Side Pushups: 17 total (up 2)
Pour Flys: 11 reps, 8# (up 3 reps, will up weight next week)
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: 8 reps, 15# (up 3#)
One-Arm Pushups: 18 total (up2)
Weighted Circles: round 1- 5#, round 2- 5# up 2# round 2
Throw the Bomb: 11 reps- 12# (up4#)
Clap Pushups: 8 clap pushups on toes, 4 on knees! (up 2 clap pushups on toes)
Slo-Mo Throws: 8#- 6 reps, 5# 4 reps- these were still the hardest!!
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: 8 reps, 15# (up 3#)
One-Arm Balance Push-Ups: 18 total, with lifting leg up (up 2)
Fly-Row Presses: 10 reps, 12# (up 4#)
Dbbl Cross-Body Blows: 15 reps, 15# (up 3#)

I did all the mason twists on ARX today, though by that time my entire body was fried!

Gin~ Enjoy your day back at school. I'm sure it'll be wonderful to see the kids again:) How was your workout today?

Marcy~ How'd you do? I really think this is the hardest workout of the entire series. You are continually working the tri and shoulders on almost every excerise!!

Tracee~ I hope you had a fun weekend. It is time for us to registar for spring sports. We will do baseball again. How about your boys?

Have a great day all~
Deanie:*

Good Morning!

Today was B&G premix #2 (overall Legs) and run/walk 3 miles. My 1 running friend has a sore hip and needed to walk some, which was just fine with me. My other running friend broke her elbow and has a cast on it. She won't be running for a while.:-( I couldn't remember the format of Overall Legs. You do about 1/2 of the standing leg work, the bonus and the floorwork (some of it twice).

Deanie--Sorry you aren't feeling well!x( I probably would have pushed myself with a workout also. So, I guess we are both "not normal".:+ Hope you feel better soon. I am ready to go back to see the kids today. We do have wonderful parents that provide us with new toys and educational games each year. You are making me want to buy CTX!! Stop it!!;-) Really,I do eventually want that one.

Marcy--What is your workout today?

Tracee--Have you thought anymore about Debbie's rotation?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Okay----I broke down and just ordered bsn lean dessert, banana nut bread flavor!! I ordered from the website Allison gave in OD. I've been using soy protien vanilla flavor from Roots in my oatmeal and it has no taste, so I hope I like the bsn:eek:

Do you guys use the protein powder?

Deanie--I have the chocolate and cinnamon flavor and like both. I add to my oatmeal. I gave some to ds for Christmas and he likes it too. He justs mixes it with milk.

Off to work....

Good Morning DGT!

Today was Chest, Shoulders & Tris for me too. I was really tired and couldn't wait for it to be over. I went to bed early but got up a couple of times. I thought I'd feel more rested after going to bed earlier but I actually feel more tired. 6 1/2 hours is usually what I need. I think if I get more or less, it totally screws me up. I checked my resting heart rate this morning and it was 60. I don't know if it was totally accurate since I actually got out of bed and then went back. I also had trouble breathing yesterday. When I ended the last round of the X, it was 55.

Stats:

Slow-Motion 3-in-1 pushups:12+ 15 bonus (up two bonus)
In & Out Shoulder Flys: 16reps-13#
Chair Dips: feet on chair, switched lifted leg every 5, total 42 (same)
Plange Pushups: 23 (up 1)
Pike Presses: 16, feet on chair (up 1)
Side Tri-Rises: 22 (same)
Floor Flys: 18 (up 2)
Scarecrows: 9 reps, 15# (up 1 rep)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: 10 reps, 16# (up 1#)
Two-Twitch Speed Push-ups: 19 (up 5)
Y-Presses: 10 reps, 16# (up 1#)
Lying Tricep Extensions: 9 reps, 18# (up 2#)
Side-to-Side Pushups: 16 total (same)
Pour Flys: 10 reps, 12# (up 2#)
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: 9 reps, 16# (same)
One-Arm Pushups: 16 total (same)
Weighted Circles: round 1- 8#, round 2- 5#
Throw the Bomb: 10 reps- 15# (up 1 rep)
Clap Pushups: 8 clap pushups on toes (still just bringing hands together, but felt a little better than last week)
Slo-Mo Throws: 12#- 4 reps, 10# 4 reps- these were still the hardest!! (for me too!)
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: 10 reps, 13# (up 2 reps)
One-Arm Balance Push-Ups: 14 total, with lifting leg up (didn't do any with leg lift last week)
Fly-Row Presses: 9 reps, 12# (up 1 rep)
Dbbl Cross-Body Blows: 16 reps, 18# (up 2#)

Deanie - Thanks for the review on CTX. I think I would like it for add-on or short cardio. You really upped your poundage and reps this week. Great job! Thanks for the recipe info. Hope you like the BSN dessert.

Gin - That was a lot of leg work today! Are they trembling? Have a good first day back at school.

Tracee - Hi! Hope we hear from you today.

Marcy

Hi guys:D

I am not feeling better, but if I keep moving I think I can make it thru the day. I am the worst patient! I hate being sick and if I don't have a fever, I hate to give in!x( :+

Gin~ Ouchie Mama! Your leg workout today was killer!! I was debating over the cinimon roll flavor or banana nut. I have cinamon on alot of food though, so I went with the other. Maybe next time. Do you buy it at the store or online? And have you noticed any difference? I haven't, but this way I eat oatmeal (which I love) on strength days:9 I was excited for you getting new toys this morning, and at our staff meeting, the PA gave us $$ for new toys! Hoorray! I don't know about the kids, but I am tired of the same old, same old toys! The director wants us to get new toys, not plastic, and get rid of a lot of old toys. She is saying less is more these days!

Marcy~ Great wokrout today!!}( I did really up my poundage and reps. Last week, I didn't know where to start so I had made notes about where I think I could be this week. For the most part, I was right on target. For my shoulders I seem to hit a plateau of no higher than 10#. Next week I will up the Fly/row/press, but that is the only shoulder weight excersise I can see me upping. Slo/mo throws are still the hardest for me! I think they are my weakest muscle. I am definately feeling it now in my shoulders and triceps:p

Tracee~ Hi!

I saw in the ask Cathe forum she said she will have news about the STS series "VERY soon" I am hoping by the end of the week!

Hi Again!

Deanie - I saw the "Very Soon" news too. Hopefully that will mean this week. Shoulders is one of my strong body parts but I have to say these are the toughest shoulder exercises (especially pour fly). I agree it's hard to up these shoulder exercises. I might try to up the Y-Presses. I might try and go a few extra reps with 8# on the weighted circles. I love the tricep work in CST. At least I don't dread that part of the workout.

Tracey Staehle is putting out a treadmill walking workout that you might like (finally, it's something I don't feel the need to order). Here's what it's all about:

http://www.fitbytracey.com/blog.php

It won't be for awhile but I'm starting to get interested in kettlebells. It's something totally new to me but I think it will be a nice change. I might like to try it around summertime. I have enough to keep me busy till then. I'm going to get the X plus workouts. My plan is:

X through end of February;
Dance/Yoga/upper body/lower body workouts March
April - Possibly X plus rotation
July/Aug - Kettlebells (I'll have to check my budget by then though - it might be low due to move).

Marcy

Marcy~ Thanks for the info about the walking workout. I think I just like working out on my treadmill to my ipod right now. I was thinking of doing the following:
X thru Feb.
Circuit city March
4DS April
Endurance using PH/Me and circuits May
and starting the X again in June.
If the STS is out by May, it may change

I'd love to try kettlebells, but they are very expensive, and I don't think that's in the budget right now.
Deanie

eta: forgot to say: I'd like to do another round of the X before I buy X+. That way I get to hear/see recommendations! There is no incentive to buy it earlier, for me.

Hi Again!

You guys have it all planned out on what exercise routine you will be doing. I am so impressed!

Deanie--I order the dessert protein shakes on vitacost.com. I'm sure they are cheaper than buying in the store. Is that where you ordered?

Marcy--Thanks for the link on Tracey's blog. I loved reading it. I'm sure I told you guys that I met her on the Road Trip. She is so nice and very friendly. And Allison was a hoot. I think she cried at the mere mention of Cathe's name. Clearly, a big fan!

Speaking of Road Trip.....would you guys be at interested if Cathe has one this summer?? It would be fun to meet.:)

Have a great evening!

Gin~ I would be interested in the road trip, solely(sp?) to meet you guys!!!My DH says I should have gone last time.
Deanie

Gin - I would definitely be interested in the road trip. It will be a longer trip for me, but well worth it.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.