GDMT* * * Wicked * Wednesday* * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today I did KPC cardio conditioning and then KB legs (and one set of calf work) and abs! A fun time, and I love the legs! Why do we need to workout our legs for an hour???? I feel I got a great workout in half that time!

Stats:
round 1 (up5# each excersise)
squats on heels: 45#
deadlifts on step: 25#
round 2:
plie squats: 35# (same)
leg press: I used 2, 12# db. for 24# (up 4#)
round 3:
same as last week: 15# each excersise
round 4
same as last week:
squats with 45#

Tracee~ So glad you are back with us:7 :D Did you workout today? 4:30 is hard, my alarm goes off at 4:45 and I lie in bed for 15 min, thinking "if I don't get up now, I don't workout" :) How are your kids doing at school? Better? you did miss a great pancake recipie! I had them this morning: 2 with butter, 2 with PB!:9 yum!

Gin~ I hope you got a good nights sleep and are headache free:eek: What did you do today?

Marcy~ What did you do today? Where did you say the fitness test was for the X? Maybe I will take it....:) I have to go buy a tape measure to do measurements on Sat. I'm glad we are starting on Monday, I need 2 days of rest before starting the X.

Have a great day all~
BBL,
Deanie

Tracee~
High Fiber-Low Fat Pancakes (by Gin :) )

1 c. low fat buttermilk
1/2 c. quick cooking oats
2/3 c. wheat bran
1/4 c. egg substitute (or egg whites)
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 packets Splenda
3/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt

Combine the buttermilk, oats and bran in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 min. Add the egg and beat until blended. In a small bowl, mix whole wheat flour, Splenda, baking soda and salt until blended. Add to the bran mixture and blend. Prepare a hot skillet or griddle with nonstick spray. Pour in 1/4 c. batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn and cook about 1-2 min. more.
Serves: 4 (2 pancakes each)
Calories: 107 Fat: 1gm. Fiber: 6 gms. WW pts.:1

Enjoy!!

Good Morning DMT!

Today I ran and then did BC/Bis and Tris (weights first). Do you guys agree that BC/Bis and Tris is the toughest of the new 4ds?:p I think I followed her weights, except with the seated overhead extensions I can only go up to 25# and I am not able to go higher than 15# with the trad. bicep curls.

Deanie--I was able to sleep last night and no headache yesterday...yeah! I made an appt with a wellness clinic for next week where I think I will be going the med-free route and will be tested more for triggers. Thank you for posting the pancke recipe for Tracee. I think that maybe the whole wheat flour I used was about to expire. That is the only thing I can figure in why they tasted so weird. Great workout you did today!

Marcy--How are you feeling today with your hives? So sorry about that.

Tracee--Are you sore from your grueling workout yesterday?

BBL this aft,
Gin:)

Good morning GMD!

Thank you for the pancake recipe, I've copied it down and will need to go shopping for lots of the items before I get started.

I was unable to get myself out of bed early this morning so no workout today. It wouldn't make me feel so guilty about getting up if I could get a handle on my eating. That is so tough for me.

Deanie - I agree with you about spending so long on legs, I don't feel an hour is necessary. Then again, legs are not a problem area on me so that may be why I don't think I need to spend time on them.

Gin - I hope you have better luck going medicine free for the migraines. I sure hope you get some relief soon.

Marcy - I'm sorry that you're dealing with those hives. That doesn't sound pleasant at all.

I sure wish Cathe would post her December rotation early so I could have time to decide what I'm going to do if I don't like what she has planned.

Have a good Wednesday.

Tracee

Good Morning DGT!

Today was HIS/Chest & Back. I didn't know if I was going to be able to do it this morning because last night on the train, I got the worst pain by my ribs/obliques and I felt like I could barely breathe. I had to stop twice on my walk home. I didn't even know if I'd be able to go to work today but amazingly enough, I took two acetaminophen and I started feeling better. I did however get up at 1:30 in the morning (itching again) and then was up at 4:30 and finally dragged myself out of bed by 5:30. Here are my stats:

Warmup rows: 13#
One Arm Rows: 35# (up 2#) - both sets
Underhand Rows - 70# (up 4#) - both sets
Chest Flyes - 25# (up 2#) Set 1 - 12 reps, Set 2 - 9 reps
One Arm Row Wide Flye - 29# (up 4#)
Incline Pullovers - 29# (up 4#)
Incline Press - 29# (up 4#) only 6 reps

Gin - Yes, I've been to an allergist. I'm allergic to all kinds of things - wood, dog, dust, rag weed - the list could go on forever, as well as food allergies. I don't seem to have a problem with any food I eat from about April to October but the last time I had this problem, the doc said when you have more than one allergy, sometimes it's just too much for the body to handle. I'm also allergic to wheat. I might have to try and change my diet drastically for about a month and see if that helps although it's real difficult because everything has wheat in it. Amazingly, I'm not itchy when exercising or at work or downstairs, only when I get upstairs to bed. The doc said once you get all the allergens out of your body, the body readjusts itself after about 6 weeks.

I definitely agree that BC/Bis & Tris is the toughest of the 4DS. I hope the no meds route works for you.

Gin/Tracee: Yeah, Helio! I was hoping he'd win.

Tracee - Did you see I answered your post about the suicide runs. I get dizzy too and I found if I try and keep my head up as much as possible it's not so bad. I also agree I don't need an hour for legs either. I hope Cathe posts her Dec rotation soon. You could always start going through her previous rotations to have a backup plan.

Deanie - In case you're interested, here's a couple of links re P90X+:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/advanced_programs/p90x_plus.do
http://carldaikeler.blogspot.com/

I'll try and do a search for the fit test.

BBL.

Marcy

Marcy - Thanks for responding to me about BC. I forgot that I had even written anything over there because I hardly ever do.

Gin - I forgot to say in my first post that I'm a little sore but not too bad. Mostly my chest and triceps are feeling it today.

Did you guys read the article that crzysteppr(sp?) posted in the open forum? It was pretty interesting about health clubs and the way people train. I think it was in the open forum. If you can't find it let me know and I'll post a direct link.

Tracee

Tracee - I hope my suggestion for the suicide runs works for you. I read the article over at VF. It just concludes that we're all doing the right thing with home workouts with everything they suggested - stability balls, medicine balls, free weights, boot camp style workouts and functional fitness. I only went to a health club back when I was about 18 - Elaine Powers and a small one by my old house. I hated waiting around for the machines and didn't feel like I was getting much out of it. At the smaller health club was where I discovered Jane Fonda - I started with the Challenge workout (the name fits perfectly).

Marcy

Good Afternoon

Marcy~ Great workout today! We are now neck to neck with our weights! Although you will probably pass me on the X;-) I'm glad you are better today. You must have been worried last night, trying to walk home. Thanks for the links. the hanging ab work~ I used to do something similar on the roman chair. they are hard!! I think I need to pass the X first, before I even consider the X+.

Gin~ I agree, I think BC is the hardest of the 4DS. I really like it though and its tie for me with KB for my favorite workout. I think I'm just not a big step person, although Cathe makes it okay to do.

Tracee~ I saw the post. I agree with some of it. Way back when(late 80's/early 90's) when I went to the gym, there were so many people there with bad form, lifting heavy weights on the machines, and then there were the people who went from one cardio machine to another for 2 hours!!!(or the ones who hogged the bikes for 2 hours!! wild! I liked the gym, but when I moved and it was hard to get to, I found I could get just a good workout at home(the firm/karen voight). And then I found Cathe~ and I got an even better workout at home!! PS~ I also rarely took aerobic classes at the gym ~ I always felt they were more for the teacher than the students. And I hated "having" to be on time for a workout!:)

I asked Cathe about a blog update in the ask Cathe forum. Lots of people looked at the request, no one else posted. I hope I wasn't to pushy sounding, but I'm hoping Cathe will respond.x(

Deanie

Hi Again!

Deanie - Here's the link to the P90X Fit Test (this is excerpted directly from the manual):

http://site.super-fit.com/p90xfittest.pdf

Have you ever done Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout? Her floorwork is killer.

I don't think you were being pushy asking Cathe about an update. It's almost a month already.

Marcy

Marcy~ I have that! LOL! and yes it is killer}( thanks for the fit test, off to check it out now!:)

Deanie

Hi Again!

Tracee--Lucky you that legs are not your problem area. They are mine.:-( What else are you thinking if you don't like Cathe's Dec. rotation? Hope we can do the same thing since our friends here will be "X"ing on us!

Marcy--Sorry about your rough night. What caused the pain? My DH is allergic to quite a few things and has recently started taking allergy shots and med and feels a lot better. I saw the p90x+ link and YIKES! I am not up for that now. It scared me!:eek: ;-) I used to do Jane Fonda from a RECORD. Talk about old. Well, that WAS 25 years ago. She had some Michael Jackson music and a friend of mine and I would do it together.:7

Deanie--I had a gym membership to the university less than a mile from me up until August. I remember being on the treadmill and looking downstairs at the college guys rocking to lift weights that were way too heavy for them and then they would lift way too fast.

Gin:)

Hi Again!

Gin - I've been taking allergy shots for about the last 3 1/2 years and they have helped but I think I may be allergic to things inside my house which the allergy shots don't work for. I have no idea what caused the pain. DH thinks I might have pulled a muscle. I'm just glad the pain's gone. It was brutal. You have to do the X before you can do the X plus. If you're doing the 4DS, you should be able to do P90X. You would think gyms should have a trainer walking around the gym to hopefully prevent an accident waiting to happen.

Marcy

Hi again. I liked what the article had to say too and felt that it confirmed that I'm on the right track.

Gin - I'm not sure what I want to do next month. I prefer heavy lifting and little cardio but I'm not sure it's good to do that all the time. I would like to do the same thing as you too since the x'ers will be talking a different language for a while. :)

Have a good night everyone.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.