GDMT* * * Weekend 1.19

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning GMT!

Today I did 4DS kickbox w/u and workout, and KPC mid and high intensity cardio and stretch. A really good workout!

What are you girls up to this weekend? We are just running errands and hanging out. DH is working so....

Have a great weekend!!

Deanie

Good Morning DMT!

Today was S&H Legs and Shoulders. The leg portion is not as gruelling as some of her other legs.:) I also tacked on pushups from BMax2. I seem to have trouble when I only do pushups once a week. I have some upper body DOMS from yesterday's KPC.
I bought the Body for Life cookbook yesterday. Do you guys have that one? It looks really good. I have been following the plan since Jan. 1.

Deanie--Great workout for you! When do you start your recovery week?:) Someone on the yaya swap is selling CTX kickbox only vhs for $12. I think that is a little high for vhs. But, do you think it's worth it to buy it or should I just wait until I can get the whole thing on dvd?

Marcy--Did you get a humidifier? How did you sleep?

Tracee--It was good to see you post yesterday. Can you do a 30 min workout just a few days a week? Maybe the hardest part is just getting into the routine of it again. Hang in there!:)

Have a great day!
Gin:)

just quickly, Gin, do not buy CTX kickbox for $12! I would save my $$ and buy the whole set on dvd.
Deanie

Happy Sunday all :)

Today is a rest day for me! And tomorrow starts recovery week-yeah!! Just when the X starts to be to much (bored of the same old thing for 3 weeks, a recovery week pops in, and your ready to go again!)

Gin~ I don't know much about BFL: program or eating. I think the program could be good, but I don't know anything about the eating part. Have you noticed a difference? since you started Jan. 1?

Marcy~ Did you get all your workouts in? I hope so:) I am looking forward to recovery week. I think we are 1/2 way thru the X!!:) Are we supposed to take measurements? I bought a tape measure finally!

Tracee~ I hope you are having a good weekend.

Deanie:*

eta: Gin~ are you following the BFL rotation?

Good Afternoon!

Today I did BB's 24 min. Core yoga (forgot the full name) and SM#3 (with band). I may run later.

Deanie--Yeah to recovery week! I know you have earned it!!
The BFL program is pretty simple. You eat 6 small meals a day, each meal has protein and carbs and with 2 of the meal you add veggies. They encourage you to workout on an empty stomach and not eat until 1 hour after workout. Each meal is 2-3 hours apart and you have 1 "free" day a week where you may indulge a bit more.
I was eating pretty well before, but needed to add more veggies, more water and less sugar.
I have lost about 1 lb. a week so far.
Not sure what you mean about the BFL rotation. I have been checking in with the 12 week challenge thread, but I have been following one of Debbie's rotation. I think you knew that, though.

Hi Marcy and Tracee!

Have a great day!
Gin
:)

Good Afternoon!

Yes, I got in Kenpo X+ and High Intensity Step Mix 2 (just abs and total body) on Friday night. I really liked Kenpo X+. It was about 45 mins. Started with about a 6-7 mins. yoga warmup. Then there are 3 sets of combos which are each done twice with a 1-min. cardio break between each and then only a few minutes for cooldown and stretch. I like Mark and Tracey in these workouts. The workout moved very quickly and got my heartrate up. I could've maybe used a little more of a cooldown but I got that after Tracey's stuff. Tracey's abs were done on a step. She started to lean back and did toe taps. Never did this move before but I felt it. It was about a six min. ab routine but pretty effective. The total body was done on the ball. One of the exercises was lying with your back on the ball and walking side to side in a bridge. I can't remember the others at the moment.

I'm hoping to do Legs & Back today. Tomorrow starts my recovery week. YAY!

Deanie - We're two-thirds of the way through and yes, you should take measurements after recovery week.

Gin - I always work out on an empty stomach (unless it's really grumbling!) I eat 5x a day. The hardest thing for me is to get protein with every meal. I'm going to make hardboiled eggs tomorrow so I can take them with me to work. I'm thinking about taking a jar of peanut butter with me to work and some apples for another meal. I'm really trying to drink more water. I always hated water so this is not an easy thing for me.

I got a warm mist humidifier yesterday but it didn't help. We returned it and got a cool mist humidifier today. I'm hoping it works better. I got my Hydroxyzine yesterday (the one that's supposed to help me sleep and reduce the itching). It helped a little bit. We'll have to see what tonight has in store for me.

I think you should wait on CTX. $12 does seem high for one VHS. Besides, it will be less tapes clogging up your shelves.

Tracee - Hope you're having a great weekend and you come to visit us this week.

Marcy

Gin~ That's funny, that's pretty much how I eat. Except I do eat before I workout. For the longest time I didn't. I really don't see a difference (didn't gain or lose weight when I started eating first), and I now am trained to wake up hungry, so I eat first. I do think I have more energy eating first. I usually eat 2 egg whites (hard boiled eggs) or a handful of almonds on weight days, or some dried apricots on cardio days. On yoga days I don't eat first. I do eat 6 meals a day and they all have some protein in them (read that in the forums once). Great job on the weight loss, but from your picture it doesn't look like you need to lose weight.

Marcy~ glad you got your workouts in. I'm sure you'll get in legs and back today. I hope the cool mist humidifier works for you!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.