GDMT* * * Wednesday* * *1.23

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today I was supposed to do CK, my favorite, but I could not get out of bed! So now I will have to workout after work, luckily I only work till noon, so I should be still motivated to workoutx(

Gin~ Whats on the schedule today? Have you picked a song to dance to with your DS at his wedding?

Marcy~ I hope you are doing better at keeping on track this week than I am! Did you do KenpoX+ today?

Tracee~ Great to hear from you!:)

Have a great day all
BBL,
Deanie:*

Gin~ Read up on BFL- I like the weight work. You could go really heavy with only 6 reps! I wonder if it would work for 4 weeks. I personally couldn't do another 3 month committment for a while, but I would like to give BFL a try- Gayle got great results!!

Good Morning DMT!

Today was Low Max and I burned 520 calories. It is a fun one, but those leg blasts are killers! Have you girls ever done just the leg blasts premix? Not me!:p

Today is DH and my 25th anniversary! DS is bringing lunch to us and I'm sure we will go out to dinner tonight. It will surely be my "free" day. Dessert!

Deanie--You have such determination when it comes to getting your workouts in, I have no doubt you will get CK before the day is over!:) How did it go yesterday when you took your boys to school with you?
I'm thinking about "What a Wonderful World". I like the words, but I realy like the tune. I heard a lot of great suggestions.
Where did you find the info on the BFL weight work? I bought the BFL for Women, which is a little different. I haven't tried to follow the exercise portion, just the eating. I have cleaned up my eating and am losing about 1 lb. a week so far.

Marcy--I am so sorry that you have been feeling so rotten! I hate that for you. Take care of yourself. ((((((((HUG!!)))))))

Tracee--Glad you are still posting with us. Would you do better working out at night like Marcy suggested?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

I had a nice variety this morning. Started with Mindy's All About Legs with Stability Ball, then did Mindy's All About Abs with the Stability Ball (this one's tough - she does pikes on the ball with a leg lift and a high and under pushup with the ball between your legs). She also does planks on the ball and with leg lifts which are challenging. I find Mindy's abs harder than Cathe's and ARX. I wanted to do Interval X+ but didn't think I'd have enough time so I did 4DS Kickbox. I really like this workout. I forgot how many kicks were in this one. I really feel it in my core when she does the combo at the end.

All in all, I burned 436 calories. I managed to have a pretty good night's sleep last night. I still woke up but went back to sleep quickly.

Deanie - I have no doubt you'll get your workout in today. Someone on VF asked me if I had a Cathe/P90X rotation and I thought of you so I'll be sending the one you did on to her.

Gin - Thanks for the hugs! Low Max is always a big calorie burner for me. I've done the leg blast premix a couple of times and I liked it. Packs a lot of punch in 23 minutes. Happy Anniversary!:) Enjoy your dessert!

Hi Tracee! Hope you come back to chat this week.

Marcy

Hi girls

I feel much better- I did my workout for the day. I ended up doing HIIT on the treadmill (level 10) apparently the X has helped with interval training. I could easily have done level 11, which is what I was doing before the X, but I haven't been on the TM for 2 months and thought I should be careful about it.

Gin~ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I wish I knew how to do fun smilies blowing party favors with party hats:) I really like low max and considered doing it, but I didn't have enough time. have a wonderful dinner tonight.

Marcy~ Glad you had a good nights sleep last night. LOL about the Cathe/P90X rotation!:) that seems like ages ago!!! I have to say, the X is definately worth the investment!!

Deanie

Gin, I forgot to add I found the weight work info on the BFL website. I think its 12 reps with a weight, 10 reps with a higher weight, 8 reps with a higher weight, 6 reps with a higher weight and 12 reps with a lower weight. Don't quote me, I'm not 100% sure, but Ithink that I'm close! Also, I think its 2 excersise per body part- which makes the pyramids great for if you want to use cathe for it. Its more endurance I think than strength, but it seems you should get good results from it....

Deanie

PS. I think I am going to buy the plate mates....just gotta find where my DH hid the credit card;-)

Deanie - Glad to see the X helped with your interval training. You need to get your own CC!;-) but then you really have to be careful about splurging. Maybe it's better DH holds on to the card! Let me know how the platemates are. They sound like something I need but I'm going to hold off until I hear your reviews. DH will be quite upset if I bring anything more into the house at the moment. I read about BFL and didn't really care for it because it was a lot like the pyramids - which I hate. Not that it's not effective - but just not effective for me.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Deanie--I looked at the BFL website to find out what they recommend for exercise and you were exactly right. I cannot see myself doing Pyramids for 12 weeks straight.....AHHHHHH!!!x( :eek: x( My plan is just to stick with some sort of rotation using Cathe and just continue to clean up my eating.

Marcy--What are PlateMates? I have heard others talk about them also.

Gin:)

ETA: Marcy--Glad you are feeling better!

Hi Gin!

Platemates are plates that you attach to your dumbbells. I think they are in increments of 1/2# or 1# so you can up your weights in smaller increments when 3# or 5# is too much.

I don't blame you for not wanting to do Pyramids for 12 weeks. I know I wouldn't want to. That would be pure torture!

I think I might be feeling a little better because it warmed up. I know the couple of days when it went down in the teens, I was going nuts. It's supposed to get cold again, so we'll have to see what happens. It was so nice to have one night of almost-free itching!

Marcy

Hi guys, the plate mates are a pair of 1 1/4# weights that attach to the dumbells. I think they would be a good investment for me.

Marcy~ DH and I share 1 cc- it keeps us honest and out of trouble:7 :p Glad your feeling better

Gin~ There is no way I could do the pyramids for 12 weeks straight either!! I do like them occasionally though- I've gotten good results with them when I use heavy weights.

Have a great evening!
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.