GDMT* * * Muscle Monday* * *12.3

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today was day one week one of the X!!!!!Wow what a workout! Hard, challenging, fun! Love Tony, miss Cathe, but I see her tomorrow:7 :7 I wasn't sure where to start(with the pushups and weights). I was going to do 15 of the pushups, but I was able to keep going. Next time I will start with 25. The same with the weights, next time I will up them.

Stats:
standard pushup: 20,21
wide front pull ups (used band) 23 both times
military push ups: 20,25
reverse grip chin ups(used band) 24,29
wide fly push ups: 20,25
closed grip overhand pull ups: (with band)25,22
decline pushups(used 5 risers on high step)25,26 (these are hardest for me)
heavy pants: 10 reps: 15#,20#
diamond push ups: 20,24
lawnmowers: 10 reps: 20#,25#
divebombers:20,21
back flys: 10 reps: 12#,15#
ab ripper X was a good workout, the hardest part for me was the last ab work: the obliques. I really feel it!! Actually I already feel it all over!}( :D

Gin~ Great workout yesterday. I really like MM. Have fun with DM today. I like the short workout times and the premixes in Dec's rotataion.

Marcy~ Well, is it as good the second time around?:D Were you able to do pull ups? I saw in OD JessJugs sugggested negitive pullups. That seemed like it would work.

Tracee~ Hope you had a good weekend!

Busy day today, I hope to BBL,
Deanie:* (maybe I should change my smilie to }( since I'm doing the X!LOL)

Good Morning DMT!

Actually today was 3 mile run and MM lower body and MM abs. I would like to try to fit DM drills in somewhere this week, but not sure when.?? Those static lunges and the plie squats have a big OUCH factor for me!}( x(

Deanie--Wow you did mucho pushups today, girl! I know you will do great with the X! You and Marcy are so strong! Are you doing Cathe cardio and which cardio of hers? Just curious.

Marcy--How was the X for you today?

Tracee--Did you do DM or MM today?

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Hi GDM -

Today was the first day of Cathe's Dec. rotation for me. I did the DM cardio premix and was so happy it was short. I almost turned it off and went back to bed halfway through the warmup but I stuck it out. :) Not sure what I'm going to sub in for tomorrow since I don't have MM. I was thinking ME but that's long and I only have it on video so no premixes.

Deanie - good job on day one. I know you're going to do well with this because you're very dedicated. Did you feel like the exercises with the band would give you the same burn as a pullup/chinup would? Having to have a bar was a big drawback for me getting these workouts so I was just curious.

Gin - hopefully we will do some of the same workouts on the same days during this rotation!! I tend to really mix things up so it's possible.

Marcy - hope you had a good weekend and a good first day of the X.

Tracee

Hi DGT!

I had a great weekend because I got my first offer on my house! If everything goes as planned, I'll be in my new home by Valentine's Day. DS came over yesterday to help trim the tree. I have a checklist a mile long of things to do. DH is calling about moving companies today and I was shredding paper all weekend. I have so much fitness stuff that I have to organize. I have to get another bag of clothes together to donate. Thank goodness I'll have my workouts to keep me sane. I started the X today. Here we go:

standard pushup: 30,25
wide front pull ups: 3 at 3/4 way; 1 @ 3/4, 2 @ 1/2way
military push ups: 16,18
reverse grip chin ups: 1 full, 2@3/4way, 1@1/2way; 1 full and 3@3/4way
wide fly push ups: 20,20
closed grip overhand pull ups: both rounds: 1@bar level; 1@3/4 and 1@1/2way
decline pushups used chair: 15 both rounds
heavy pants: both rounds 8 reps - R1 - 35#, R2 - 33#
diamond push ups: 15, 15
lawnmowers: 10 reps: both rounds 8 reps @ 35#
divebombers: 13, 12
back flys: R1: 12 reps @ 21#; R2: 10 reps @ 23#

Ab Ripper X wasn't too bad. Bicycles I had to stop a couple of times. Fifer Scissors weren't as hard as they used to be. I still hate the V-up/roll-ups. Only did 40 mason twists - had been doing 50 last time but I have to work my way back up. Obliques weren't too bad but still a little challenging.

Deanie - Great work on the pushups! I'm glad you survived Day 1! How do you do negative pullups? I didn't get to take pictures yet either. I did take measurements though - I'll post them later. Glad everyone's happy with the new living room arrangement.

Gin - As far as the cardio workouts go, I wouldn't bother with the Classics (probably too easy). Cardio Hits is good - Step Works is my favorite. I guess Power Max is my least favorite (because it's the most athletic - less dancy) but they are 3 great step workouts. I liked the Terminator but since I don't do circuit workouts very often, I don't use that one as much anymore. I would like to get CTX - I have All Step and liked it a lot. I think I could use it just like the 4DS and it would be a nice rotation. But I think you're smart to wait for STS (IF you get a gc) (I'll keep my fingers crossed that you do.) MM is a tough workout. That's my favorite total body. I like the abs in that one.

Gin/Tracee - It's nice you're both doing a rotation together.

Tracee - How'd DS do in his basketball game? Maybe you could do Power Hour tomorrow? It's good you got through DM cardio. Don't you love those short premixes?

Marcy

Hi again.

Deanie - I hadn't read Sunday's check in before I posted so I just went back and read it. Glad the family liked the new family room arrangement. Can't believe your kids were playing in leaves over the weeken, I'm jealous. We had snow/sleet/rain all weekend, it was miserable. I noticed your dh worked a lot this weekend, is that a normal thing?

Marcy - My ds(8) basketball game didn't go so well. We played a team that has much more experience than our team and they killed us. Two of our kids ended up in tears because they were getting beat so bad. :-( I was hoping that they were the best team we would have to face but their coach said that most of the teams in the league were going to be like that. Oh well, our kids will just have to concentrate on improving their own skills and not concentrate on winning, right?

I forgot to mention earlier that I finally broke down and bought a pair of 20lb dumbbells. I've been needing them for a long time now and finally couldn't resist any longer. I should be able to test them out tomorrow.

Have a good afternoon.

Tracee

Hi Again!

Tracee - Sorry your DS' game didn't go so well. I hope he does better next time. Congrats on getting 20#ers! I'm jealous. I'll be getting them after I move for sure. They will make things so much easier.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Girls

Gin~ Good workout today. I love the way Cathe does plie squats in MM! The ab work is good too. I will be doing LIS/HIS for the interval workouts on Tuesdays and KB/BC for the kickbox workouts on Sundays. I think these workouts have just the right amount of intensity for the X. Hard but not exhausting!

Marcy~ CONGRATS on the house offer!!!!:7 :7 I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Good job today with the X. 21# for back flys is impressive!:eek: The negative pullups (if I remember correctly) are when you start at the top and slowly lower yourself down. Its in the OD forum, under the bands vs. pullup bar for the X topic.

Tracee~ Yea! 20# DB. It should make your life easier. Sorry about the b.ball game, the kids must be sad. Yes, DH works retail, so he is rarely home in Dec. He was able to take tomorrow off though (first night of Channukah) and we are happy for that:) I do think you probably get a better workout with the pullup bar, but I still think I will get a good workout with the band. I have a med. weight band with handles on it, and later this week will go and get the heavier band. You still feel it and I think it still will work. I wouldn't let not having a bar stop you from getting the workout. If I got a bar, I'd have to put it at the top of the basement stairs, and I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing that, so I will probably stick with the bands. I am only using the bands for a sub for pullups and chin ups. You could use the bands for the weight work too.

Deanie

eta: Marcy~ Is it better to go heavy the first round? or to beat your first round #'s in the second round? (Today I tried to beat my first round #'s)

Hi Again!

Deanie - I usually try to beat my first round numbers. If I can do more than 10 reps, I go up in weight. Sometimes I tire out, so I usually just try to equal first round numbers. With pushups, depending on how tired I was, I either went up or down. The Phase 1 workouts have 2 rounds but with the Phase 2 workouts, you do each exercise only once. I'll have to try the negative pullups and see what happens.

It's nice your DH will be home for Channukah tomorrow.

DH called two moving companies already. We'll be getting estimates on Friday and Monday. The buyers don't close on their house until Jan. 4th so I'm scared to look for anything before then just in case it doesn't go through but their buyer is paying cash so hopefully there won't be a problem with that or with them getting a mortgage.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Tracee-- Do you have PH or MIS? I guess you could sub either for MM, if you don't want to do ME. MM was the first Cathe I bought. I'm doing BM2 Cardio tomorrow. I also hope we do some of the same workouts on the same day. I try to follow fairly closely, but run MWF and I start the week on Sunday. Sorry about your ds's basketball game. 20# weights? The only reason I have them is b/c my ds left them here.:) My back starts to hurt if I use them too much.:eek:

Marcy--Congrats on the offer on your house!! Yeah! Hope all goes well. CTX does interest me, but it is $$. I do have Leaner Legs on vhs.

Deanie--I just loaned a teacher friend my KPC/L&G and my 4ds.....:eek: :eek: :eek: I think she will like kickbox and I guess I'm hoping to make a Cathite out of her! But, when I handed her the 4ds, I said, "This one is worth $80.!" Hope it wasn't a mistake. I did get back my B&G and RS from my neighbor.:7

Gin

Hi Again!

Gin - I agree about the $$ for CTX. That's why I haven't gotten it yet. I'm glad you got RS and B&G back from your neighbor. It was very generous of you to loan out KPC/L&G & 4DS. I hope you get back 4DS! I'd be really upset if that wasn't returned. 4DS is one of my favorite series. I guess my least favorite is the Intensity Series. I guess because it's got so much endurance work in it and I rarely do circuits anymore. I like only certain parts of the series like PLB stability ball work and I have to admit that the series has three great ab routines though.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.